The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34936)

Undertoad 04-19-2020 06:49 AM

MIT Paper shows that the NYC subway has been a major point of infection.

The longer time you spent on the train, the greater your chances of infection.

Also the Mayor never shut the subway down, but in lockdown busses and trains were the only mode of transportation -- and the subway had fewer trains running, ensuring that each train was full...

Quote:

New York City’s multitentacled subway system was a major disseminator – if not the principal transmission vehicle – of coronavirus infection during the initial takeoff of the massive epidemic that became evident throughout the city during March 2020. The near shutoff of subway ridership in Manhattan – down by over 90 percent at the end of March – correlates strongly with the substantial increase in the doubling time of new cases in this borough. Maps of subway station turnstile entries, superimposed upon zip code-level maps of reported coronavirus incidence, are strongly consistent with subway-facilitated disease propagation. Local train lines appear to have a higher propensity to transmit infection than express lines. Reciprocal seeding of infection appears to be the best explanation for the emergence of a single hotspot in Midtown West in Manhattan. Bus hubs may have served as secondary transmission routes out to the periphery of the city.

Carruthers 04-19-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1051135)
MIT Paper shows that the NYC subway has been a major point of infection.

The longer time you spent on the train, the greater your chances of infection.

Also the Mayor never shut the subway down, but in lockdown busses and trains were the only mode of transportation -- and the subway had fewer trains running, ensuring that each train was full...

It's the same in London.

Quote:

Second week of lockdown and Tube still packed with only 43% of trains running.

Transport for London has confirmed that only 43% of services are running on the Tube despite carriages still remaining packed.
Some London Underground trains remained crowded on Monday despite a further fall in passenger numbers and TfL calling for its services to only be used for ‘essential journeys by vital workers in the NHS and other critical services’.
It said passenger numbers on Monday morning were down 94% compared with the same day last year, but admitted to Metro.co.uk that only 43% of trains are running at normal times compared with 50% last week.
At peak times, 50% of services are running, a spokesman said.
Passengers are still complaining about the lack of space as they travel to work, leading to them being unable to follow government guidance to keep two metres away from others.
London Underground stations, especially those on the 'Tube' where the tunnels are barely larger than the trains, aren't particularly healthy places at the best of times due to the piston effect of air being pushed ahead of the trains.
I shudder to think of the speed that infection can be spread around the network.

Metro Newspaper

DanaC 04-19-2020 07:24 AM

The difficulty though is that for a lot of people, including key workers, that's the only way for them to get to work - especially given many of the will not be able to afford to live in the borough where they work have to commute from outside the centre and hop on the subway for the last leg of it. If they got to the centre and then walked to their destination you could probably add another hour to an already long journey.

Griff 04-19-2020 07:26 AM

They better get their shit together on cleaning those. I expect they'll introduce some UV? lighting along with a better cleaning regimen. The cars get shipped up here to Elmira for service.

For our conspiracy minded friends off-shoring all our societies problems, I believe the new cars are built in China.

DanaC 04-19-2020 07:28 AM

The conspiracy nuts are too busy burning down phone masts because 5G

Carruthers 04-19-2020 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 1051137)
The difficulty though is that for a lot of people, including key workers, that's the only way for them to get to work - especially given many of the will not be able to afford to live in the borough where they work have to commute from outside the centre and hop on the subway for the last leg of it. If they got to the centre and then walked to their destination you could probably add another hour to an already long journey.

The figures for transport use, reported in the daily media briefing, would indicate that the overwhelming majority of people have heeded the plea not to travel unnecessarily.

It would have made sense in the beginning, instead of halving services, to have kept a near normal service going thereby thinning out the passenger load and associated risk of infection for those key workers.

Unfortunately, any attempt to reinstate the level of service to that end would give the impression that normality has returned with the consequent, and unwanted, increase in passenger numbers.

From another era...

Attachment 70340

monster 04-19-2020 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you can see it "spreading" along the freeways here in Michigan -if you look at the county by county map of cases and draw lines connecting the high areas, you've drawn the freeway system. But.... near the freeway system is where most people live..... they all go through Detroit.....

just something I notice when I see this map each day. We're the red 870, right on that freeway linke between Detroit and Chicago :( So easy to draw in the main North-South route too.....

Attachment 70341

glatt 04-19-2020 12:29 PM

The DC metro has dramatically reduced service and closed some stations. I can see the trains passing when I go for a walk in my neighborhood. I always look for passengers in the windows, and the most I ever saw was 3 on one train. But to be fair, they go by pretty fast and I might miss some heads when I am counting.

I wish they would shut the Metro down entirely and use this time to perform track maintenance. They will be closing sections of the track for a month or two this summer to perform maintenance, and I really don’t understand why they don’t just do it now.

tw 04-19-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1051153)
They will be closing sections of the track for a month or two this summer to perform maintenance, and I really don’t understand why they don’t just do it now.

Unfortunately, the actual maintenance is only a small part of that operation. Plenty is setup is first required.

A house can be built is 3 or 4 months. But it takes years of work before that house can be built. A similar example.

tw 04-19-2020 12:46 PM

NYC once had porta-potties that disinfected themselves after each user.

Maybe we could have taxi cabs that did that?

monster 04-19-2020 02:28 PM

so why does it no longer have them?

tw 04-19-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1051170)
so why does it no longer have them?

You had to pay. They were expensive. It was an innovative (and maybe necessary) attempt. But it did not last.

They probably would have been more desirable in Philadelphia and San Francisco where finding a bathroom is harder.

Meanwhile what is a problem now for truck drivers? Finding a bathroom and finding a place for food - because truck drivers cannot use drive-thrus.

monster 04-19-2020 09:58 PM

it was kind of a rhetorical question.... :rolleyes:

Griff 04-21-2020 07:50 AM

Ivermectin is being studied. This is in common use veterinary medicine in the US and in the third world for people. It would be cheap if found effective.

fargon 04-21-2020 08:07 AM

"It would be cheap if found effective."
If they decide to use it , it will become $10,000 a dose. I have faith in these pharmaceutical fuckers. I read the PDF and it looks to be effective.

Griff 04-21-2020 09:12 AM

Yeah, the folks running our world right now have monetized every damn thing.

DanaC 04-21-2020 12:41 PM

Ivormectin? Is that a worming med? I think that might be the drug that a lot of Collie dogs have a sensitivity to. If you have a collie it needs testing to see if it has a particular genetic disposition - if it does, then even a small dose can represent an overdose for them.

Griff 04-21-2020 02:22 PM

Yeah, it's a de-wormer. We used it on our goats for brain worm. For dogs it's a heartworm med. I vaguely remember something about collies.

Clodfobble 04-22-2020 11:33 AM

Weird how quiet henry's gotten in the last week. :rolleyes:

BigV 04-22-2020 11:36 AM

I hope he's OK.

I reject his logic about the virus and the seriousness of our shared situation, but I want him to be safe.

sexobon 04-22-2020 11:43 AM

IIRC, he seems to post in spurts, quiet periods aren't unheard of.

(see what I did there)

Undertoad 04-22-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1051376)

Henry has PMd his retirement from the forum for now after I conversationally suggested he shouldn't post the figures (because I felt he was wrong)

I have since announced my retirement from conversational posting

sexobon 04-22-2020 12:39 PM

That leaves more conversations with Clodfobble for me.

I'm OK with that.

I'm sure it'll be short lived.

henry quirk 04-22-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1051376)

Accordin' to V I'm havin' a flounce.

henry quirk 04-22-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1051379)
I hope he's OK.

I reject his logic about the virus and the seriousness of our shared situation, but I want him to be safe.

And I reject your logic about the virus and the seriousness of our separate situations, but I hope you're safe too.

henry quirk 04-22-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1051388)
That leaves more conversations with Clodfobble for me.

I'm OK with that.

I'm sure it'll be short lived.

She's all yours.

Clodfobble 04-22-2020 02:10 PM

Pfft--he wishes.

BigV 04-22-2020 02:34 PM

Hi hq. I'm glad you're ok. Thanks for checking in.

henry quirk 04-22-2020 03:14 PM

niceties

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1051399)
Hi hq. I'm glad you're ok. Thanks for checking in.

Hey, V. Me too. You're welcome.

xoxoxoBruce 04-29-2020 02:48 PM

Here's another wrinkle from New England Journal of Medicine

5 New Yorkers age 33, 37, 39, 44, and 49 suffered large vessel strokes from the Corvid-19 virus.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...09787?query=RP

Doctors in Wuhan say 5% suffered strokes but the youngest was 55.

glatt 04-29-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1051779)

Doctors in Wuhan say 5% suffered strokes but the youngest was 55.

5% of serious cases?
or 5% of all infections? Because 5% of all infections would be a huge number.

xoxoxoBruce 04-29-2020 02:56 PM

I don't know but I would guess of hospitalized cases, which would be the serious ones.

edit : yes hospitalized.

DanaC 04-29-2020 03:04 PM

Heard yesterday that my friend and work colleague's mum is in hospital with Covid. Don;t know how bad she is but I suspect its very not good. Her mum isnt elderly, she's only in her early 60s, but has lung problems.

I dont know when Clo last saw her mum face to face before this - she was at the hospital last I heard.

I am worried for her, because of her mum, obviously, but I am also worried about Clo herself - her asthma gets quite bad sometimes.

BigV 04-29-2020 04:07 PM

That's got tragedy written all over it. Dana, I'm sorry to hear about this, please give my best to your friend and her mom. From a safe distance of course, but the distance itself is an additional problem. Sorry. :(

Griff 04-29-2020 05:01 PM

Sorry D.

Clodfobble 04-29-2020 06:22 PM

I hope she pulls through, Dana.

xoxoxoBruce 04-29-2020 11:13 PM

I was talking to a guy in Texas today and he was telling me he was trying to figure out how to access a vent on his roof. When I told him to be careful he said no problem he has medicare if he gets hurt. I reminded him a hospital is the very last place you want to be right now.

adoriaalisha46 05-04-2020 04:06 AM

you're right

Griff 05-04-2020 06:29 AM

Legit question; When should we know whether Sweden's plan is working? Since folks are turning it into a hammer for their own agendas. I'd like to see a list of the actual measures taken along with the societal factors which make them similar or dissimilar to us. I guess it all hangs on herd immunity...

Maybe the Brits save our ass here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...icacy-n1198946

Nature magazine is publishing blurbs for short attention span or sensible people who don't want to obsess.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00502-w

Luce 05-04-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1052099)
I guess it all hangs on herd immunity...

For us to acquire herd immunity without a vaccine would require 70% of the population to get sick in a short period of time.

Griff 05-04-2020 10:35 AM

Yeah, I believe that's what Sweden is attempting? Obviously you'd need a functional healthcare system and an effective way to isolate the old and infirm. Otherwise you get: https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news...-19-pass-away/

Gravdigr 05-04-2020 01:37 PM

To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody:

Coronavirus Rhapsody
March 19, 2020 by Jonco

Lyrics by Dana Jay Bein

Is this a sore throat?
Is this just allergies?
Caught in a lockdown
No escape from reality.

Don’t touch your eyes
Just hand sanitize quicklyyyyy
I’m just a poor boy, no job security
Because of easy spread, even though
washed your hands, laying low
I look out the window, the curve doesn’t look flatter to me, to me

mama, i just killed a man
didn’t stay inside in bed
walked by him and now he’s dead
mama, life was so much fun
but now I’ve caught this unforgiving plague

mama, oooooh
didn’t mean to make them die
if I’m not back to work this time tomorrow
carry on, carry on as if people didn’t matter

oo late, my time has come
sends shivers down my spine
body’s aching all the time
goodbye everybody, I’ve got the flu
gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

mama, oooooh
I don’t wanna die
I sometimes wish I never went out at all

I see a little silhouette of a man
what a douche, what a douche
did he even wash his hands though
security is tightening
very very frightening me
Gotta lay low (gotta lay low)
Gotta lay low masturbate
Masturbate O O O O

I’m just a poor boy, facing mortality
HE’S JUST A POOR BOY FACING MORTALITY
spare him his life from this monstrosity

Touch your face, wash your hands, will you wash your hands?
BISMILLAH NO WE WILL NOT WASH OUR HANDS! (WASH YOUR HANDS!)
BISMILLAH NO WE WILL NOT WASH OUR HANDS! (WASH YOUR HANDS)

BISMILLAH WE WILL NOT WASH YOUR HANDS! (WASH YOUR HANDS!)
WASH YOUR HANDS! (never, never, never wash your hands oh oh oh oh oh oh oh)
No no no no no
Oh mama mia, mia (mama mia wash your hands!)
COVID-19 has a sickness put aside for me, for me

So you think you can stop me and just shake my hand?
So you think we can hang out and not break our plans?
Oh baby, can’t do this with me, baby,
Just gotta stay home, just gotta stay home with my fever

oooooh

Curving can get flatter
Anyone can see
Curving can get flatter
Curving can get flatter, you’ll see

Just look out your windows….

DanaC 05-04-2020 01:47 PM

Brilliant.

Gravdigr 05-04-2020 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I suppose some new art will come out of this social isolation thing. As well as some rethinking of classic artwork:

Attachment 70517

BigV 05-04-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1052118)
To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody:

Coronavirus Rhapsody
March 19, 2020 by Jonco

Lyrics by Dana Jay Bein

Is this a sore throat?
Is this just allergies?
Caught in a lockdown
No escape from reality.

Don’t touch your eyes
Just hand sanitize quicklyyyyy
I’m just a poor boy, no job security
Because of easy spread, even though
washed your hands, laying low
I look out the window, the curve doesn’t look flatter to me, to me

mama, i just killed a man
didn’t stay inside in bed
walked by him and now he’s dead
mama, life was so much fun
but now I’ve caught this unforgiving plague

mama, oooooh
didn’t mean to make them die
if I’m not back to work this time tomorrow
carry on, carry on as if people didn’t matter

oo late, my time has come
sends shivers down my spine
body’s aching all the time
goodbye everybody, I’ve got the flu
gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

mama, oooooh
I don’t wanna die
I sometimes wish I never went out at all

I see a little silhouette of a man
what a douche, what a douche
did he even wash his hands though
security is tightening
very very frightening me
Gotta lay low masturbate
Masturbate O O O O

I’m just a poor boy, facing mortality
HE’S JUST A POOR BOY FACING MORTALITY
spare him his life from this monstrosity

Touch your face, wash your hands, will you wash your hands?
BISMILLAH NO WE WILL NOT WASH OUR HANDS! (WASH YOUR HANDS!)
BISMILLAH NO WE WILL NOT WASH OUR HANDS! (WASH YOUR HANDS)

BISMILLAH WE WILL NOT WASH YOUR HANDS! (WASH YOUR HANDS!)
WASH YOUR HANDS! (never, never, never wash your hands oh oh oh oh oh oh oh)
No no no no no
Oh mama mia, mia (mama mia wash your hands!)
COVID-19 has a sickness put aside for me, for me

So you think you can stop me and just shake my hand?
So you think we can hang out and not break our plans?
Oh baby, can’t do this with me, baby,
Just gotta stay home, just gotta stay home with my fever

oooooh

Curving can get flatter
Anyone can see
Curving can get flatter
Curving can get flatter, you’ll see

Just look out your windows….

tw 05-04-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1052099)
Maybe the Brits save our ass here.

There are maybe 75 different vaccines in development. If we get lucky, one or a few will be successful. All are currently as promising as that Oxford vaccine.

Problem is obvious. Previous vaccines worked because, first, actual medical processes were first learned. We still do not know how this virus transfers. What in the immune system properly attacks it. Why some, already with antibodies, still get sick again. Or even if the coronavirus, as found in bats, is somehow different after it must first go into some other wild animal before infecting man.

A Mers coronavirus, normally found in some bats, must first go through a camel before it infects man. Why?

All those vaccines are predicated on speculation. On a hope that the necessary underlying science was understood. So that a vaccine, that requires four or ten years, might arrive in 1.5.

At least 3000 coronaviruses have been identified. Plenty more await discovery. Only seven are known to survive in man. Some are more contagious then others. A few cause a cytokine storm that causes death. Many others do not. Why?

A measles vaccine will last a lifetime. It appears immunity from Sars (another coronavirus) only lasts 2 years. Mers - 3 years. Many other flues - only six months. Why? Those two have only been known for one or two decades. So not enough time has existed to understand it.

What is 'memory' in B and T cells that make possible a recovery from Covid-19? Unknown. What then is a vaccine suppose to target to be successful?

What we do know. We still do not know very much.

Every solution (especially those hyped by a scumbag president) are best ignored as only wild speculation. In his case, promoted so that he will be reelected. Screw you Covid-19 victims. He cares about them just like Hitler was concerned with Jewish safety.

Another currently promoted myth, using emotions, is that smokers are better protected from Covid-19. Then we include facts that are too complicated for tweeters or political extremists.

Apparently nicotine tends to bind to a protein called ACE2. This is the protein that is somehow related to cytokine storms. Meaning a Covid-19 victim has less symptoms. But is still infecting others.

So the naive claim smoking is protection from Covid-19 only because the person is asymptomatic - but still infecting others.

Misinformation from sources such as hearsay, The Don, wild speculation, Fox News, and promoters of the Clorox cure.

We have no reason to believe any solution exists in the next 1.5 years. But we sure do have plenty of adults, acting like children, and promoting a solution as almost ready. Because some other stranger told them it was true. Which lies more? Peers or what was read on the internet?

Clodfobble 05-04-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw
Apparently nicotine tends to bind to a protein called ACE2. This is the protein that is somehow related to cytokine storms.

Nicotine also treats and prevents Parkinson's disease. The results begin within days of starting patients on a nicotine patch. If you're going into the hospital with COVID-19, maybe bring a box.

Clodfobble 05-05-2020 04:18 PM

Texas has officially begun opening back up, as you may have heard, and we're starting to get emails and phone calls from all the various doctors whose appointments we've missed, explaining how the rescheduling process will work and what the safety guidelines will look like going forward... One interesting thing is that Minifob was scheduled for sinus surgery at the end of May--now looking like sometime mid-summer--and he will now be required to get a COVID-19 test in the days just before the procedure. They asked if I was okay with that, and I said yes, but I was unsure how we were supposed to make that happen. The receptionist claimed they would write the lab order, and we would take it to CPL just like any regular blood test to have it done. This seems... unrealistic to me. Testing capacity is still way beneath the levels needed to even test symptomatic people, let alone random folks with no symptoms. But hey, I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out.

tw 05-05-2020 06:19 PM

It looks like a cruise ship convention. In one anchorage is Carnival Pride, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Elation, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Vista, Carnival Sunshine, with Carnival Pardise apparently heading to port for supplies, Carnival Fantasy resupplying, and Carnival Sensation returning. Carnival Glory is sitting elsewhere at anchor. And Carnival Magic wandering off the Med. Carnival Fascination, Carnival Liberty, and Carnival Dream going who knows where.

Another nearby anchorage has collected Oasis of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Empress of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, and Independence of the Seas. With Magesty of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas returning for resupply. And Harmony of the Seas being resupplied. Also anchored far out there in the ocean are Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Sihouette, Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Infinity, and Celbrity Reflection.

Scattered elsewhere are Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Sun, and Norwegian Epic.With Norwegian Escape in port being resupplied.

Another anchorage has Msc Meraviglia, Msc Divina, Msc Presziosa, and Msc Seaside.

Plenty of Princess line ships (ie Orlando Princess), Disney (ie Disney Magic, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy) and numerous other lines also scatter ships in seas between eastern Fl and in a large ocean between Freeport and Nassua Bahama.

A fortune of gigantic ships, once mostly cruising slowly or only drifting in the Gulf Stream, have now conjegated in large groups out in the ocean. Who knew there were that many cruise ships simply off Florida alone? Each ship alone one employeed over 1000 crewmen. Norwegian lines says they may not survive. It is rather hard to believe cruise lines, that carry 3000+ passengers on each ship, would not have major cash flow problems. And being foreign companies, cannot run to a generous US government for liquidity.

How much longer can they keep going to US ports to be resupplied when they cannot pay the bills?

tw 05-05-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1052139)
If you're going into the hospital with COVID-19, maybe bring a box.

If going to the hospital, then it is probably too late to douse the ACE2 protein with nicotene. Better is to become a guinea pig for a new drug trial.

glatt 05-06-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1052194)
It looks like a cruise ship convention. In one anchorage is Carnival Pride, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Elation, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Vista, Carnival Sunshine, with Carnival Pardise apparently heading to port for supplies, Carnival Fantasy resupplying, and Carnival Sensation returning. Carnival Glory is sitting elsewhere at anchor. And Carnival Magic wandering off the Med. Carnival Fascination, Carnival Liberty, and Carnival Dream going who knows where.

Another nearby anchorage has collected Oasis of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Empress of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, and Independence of the Seas. With Magesty of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas returning for resupply. And Harmony of the Seas being resupplied. Also anchored far out there in the ocean are Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Sihouette, Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Infinity, and Celbrity Reflection.

Scattered elsewhere are Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Sun, and Norwegian Epic.With Norwegian Escape in port being resupplied.

Another anchorage has Msc Meraviglia, Msc Divina, Msc Presziosa, and Msc Seaside.

Plenty of Princess line ships (ie Orlando Princess), Disney (ie Disney Magic, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy) and numerous other lines also scatter ships in seas between eastern Fl and in a large ocean between Freeport and Nassua Bahama.

A fortune of gigantic ships, once mostly cruising slowly or only drifting in the Gulf Stream, have now conjegated in large groups out in the ocean. Who knew there were that many cruise ships simply off Florida alone? Each ship alone one employeed over 1000 crewmen. Norwegian lines says they may not survive. It is rather hard to believe cruise lines, that carry 3000+ passengers on each ship, would not have major cash flow problems. And being foreign companies, cannot run to a generous US government for liquidity.

How much longer can they keep going to US ports to be resupplied when they cannot pay the bills?

This post would have been better with pictures. Like the flyby video of the grounded airliners in California.

tw 05-06-2020 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1052225)
This post would have been better with pictures.

Any Carnival .... They all look alike.

glatt 05-06-2020 11:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Do I have to do everything myself?

Attachment 70524
Attachment 70525

xoxoxoBruce 05-06-2020 01:39 PM

Yes... and make it snappy.

Griff 05-07-2020 06:39 AM

Last week Reuters reported we'd reach 74,000 deaths by August according to the often used University of Washington's model.This week. Might bear improvement.

tw 05-07-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1052275)
... according to the often used University of Washington's model.This week.

Those numbers suggest 6% who are infected die. That number is rather high. Which indicates how bad the problem may actually be. Number of infected is so low because, at the highest levels of government, there was always a major shortage of test kits.

That death number suggests far more people are / were infected. And undetected.

tw 05-07-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1052237)
Do I have to do everything myself?

Yeph. I love watching people work. It even makes me Hungry.

BigV 05-07-2020 11:20 AM

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virgin...f-coronavirus/

Quote:

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”
This story is a couple weeks old which seems a lot longer these days, but still illustrates that Darwinism is still in full effect.

xoxoxoBruce 05-07-2020 11:25 AM

When people say they won't wear a mask, and going to avoid getting sick by drinking or injecting bleach/disinfectant/magic potion, just say OK.
Darwin appreciates your faith in him.

BigV 05-08-2020 11:42 AM

A permanent change to the cityscape

Quote:

Nearly 20 miles of Seattle streets will permanently close to most vehicle traffic by the end of May, Mayor Jenny Durkan announced Thursday.

The streets had been closed temporarily to through traffic to provide more space for people to walk and bike at a safe distance apart during the coronavirus pandemic.

Now the closures will continue even after Gov. Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home order is lifted.
BelovedDaughter lives on one of them. Well, in a house adjacent to one of them...