The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

classicman 05-07-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 864058)
i can already feel the relief of not having that sick to my stomach sunday night/monday morning torture.

Yay! Let the healing begin.

Nirvana 05-08-2013 12:13 PM

The white cheddar macaroni and cheese with bread crumbs and the egg and flour breaded, butter fried, yellow Morels I had for lunch! :yum:

Sundae 05-08-2013 01:07 PM

Mum's going to a funeral on Friday and the family has asked that people wear something pink as requested by the deceased.
Mum came off the phone from arranging to meet old friends beforehand and said something along the lines of, "Oh noes! No pink in my wardrobe."
And I looked at her something along the lines of, "Woman, WHAT?!"

Came dowstairs with an armful, and that's after deselecting things she wouldn't even consider.
It wasn't orange or yellow or green; pink I can help with. And that's the part that made me happy.

On a sadder note.
Well, nowhere near as sad as a death but I never met this person.
In fact I can't remember ever hearing their name.

My tiny sad is that I've had to give away three more treasured skirts.
One I was considering wearing tomorrow because it's May and it's nice and light and airy for sitting long-time on public transport.
They gotta go, I'd be showing my arsecrack within 5 minutes walk. Skirt falling down, not wearing a micro-mimi.

I don't mind switching down sizes. Of course!
And many of the clothes remind me of how I felt about myself at the time.
But now and then there will be something I was bought new, and I got to try it on and everything (as opposed to many clothes bought on eBay just because they happened to be the right size and price, ie 99p)
They were presents.
Letting them go is like shedding a skin. Good, but a bit itchy. Metaphorically speaking. Apart from the pubic lice.

orthodoc 05-08-2013 03:46 PM

I'm done. Hallelujah. :o

footfootfoot 05-08-2013 04:36 PM

high five

orthodoc 05-08-2013 04:41 PM

You got it!

fargon 05-08-2013 04:44 PM

I had my first post surgical check up today, and it was wonderful I did not have to go to my second appointment because we have been taking such good care of the wound.

glatt 05-08-2013 04:48 PM

That's fantastic, fargon!

orthodoc 05-08-2013 04:52 PM

That's great, fargon!

Griff 05-08-2013 07:46 PM

Well done!

classicman 05-08-2013 11:22 PM

Woo hoo. Congrats.

limey 05-09-2013 07:20 AM

Great news, ortho and fargon!

chrisinhouston 05-10-2013 09:11 AM

I am pleased that the worst part of my kitchen remodeling job at our home is done. Yesterday my son and I ground off all of the thin set from the kitchen floor. 10 days ago we had used a small roto hammer to get the tile up but about 80% of the rough cement adhesive was still on the floor, walking barefoot on it really sucked. We rented a big 16 inch floor buffer with a special diamond tipped brush and spread some water across the floor and went at it. Floor buffers take a bit of concentration to run smoothly and with the rough surface it was especially challenging. Pretty soon the wet thin set was coming off in a peanut butter consistency. When it was almost a dry powder we swept it up and started the routine again. It took 6 hours to do the whole kitchen and laundry room annex. We have a small half bath which only about 10 sq feet and I will do that later by hand, we didn't want to pull the toilet at this stage. I vacuumed and wet mopped the room several times and it is pretty good but still has a slight dust on it so will do it again today. You can really see the slight unevenness in the slab where the diamond brush ground down high spots which should make for a nice surface when we re-tile later.

glatt 05-10-2013 09:16 AM

Sounds like hard messy work. But it's great to look back at the progress you made.

Ocean's Edge 05-10-2013 03:34 PM

Tickets to see John Cleese live. 3 of the 4 shows were sold out, and they're not the best seats in the house - but they're not horrible...

James and I just haven't really spent enough time/effort going 'Out' these past couple years. So the Roger Hodgson and John Cleese events are really something special :)

I *is* happy.
http://www.hahaha.com/en/johncleese