The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Clodfobble 04-17-2008 12:04 AM

I :heartpump Sundae Girl. A kinder person simply does not exist.

elSicomoro 04-18-2008 10:37 AM

April and I are coming to Philly in June. She has a conference in Baltimore w/b 6/15. We will probably be in Philly for at least 2 days at the end of the week. Mark your calendar...I'm thinking a night of drinking at Johnny Manana's in East Falls or McMenamin's in Mount Airy.

LabRat 04-18-2008 04:17 PM

I.

AM.

OUTTA HERE! ! !

Cya foolios!!!

lumberjim 04-18-2008 11:28 PM

my new demo....mine's blue tho

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...imabanner1.jpg

Sundae 04-19-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 446406)
I :heartpump Sundae Girl. A kinder person simply does not exist.

Wow! I did nothing to deserve that I promise you.
But it's making me happy all the same.

I came here to say (as a selfish, unkind person) that I have the house to myself ALLLLLLLLL weekend. HM is on a stag weekend in Tallinn and I have been fully taking advantage. Sitting round in a vest and knickers, watching The League of Gentlemen (on commentary), having the heating on for the cats (I don't like it hot, hence the underwear), talking to myself etc etc etc

First two days alone since last Sept.

Only way it would have been better is if I had my laptop (still in creation) so I could do this at home

xoxoxoBruce 04-20-2008 11:20 AM

Aren't PCs cheaper than laptops?

elSicomoro 04-20-2008 12:00 PM

As a whole, yes. But you can get a laptop now for a relatively low price. Dells and HPs start at $500.

SG, am I reading right that someone is building you one?

Jim, those Altima coupes are hella sweet. I haven't seen a whole lot of them yet here. What is the company's expectations on sales? I just don't see a lot of them being sold, given that the "personal luxury" coupe market ain't all that great (Solara, G6, the now extinct Monte Carlo).

Cicero 04-20-2008 04:39 PM

I nailed an interview and got the job!! (good bene's too)

Awesome!:D :biggrindu

:devil: :jig: :shred: :band:

woo-hoo!

You guys are so lucky I won't be home to haunt the cellar all day long.....You are getting ur cellar back!!!

Sundae 04-20-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 447056)
Aren't PCs cheaper than laptops?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 447063)
As a whole, yes. But you can get a laptop now for a relatively low price. Dells and HPs start at $500. SG, am I reading right that someone is building you one?

Yup - I'm getting a Dell laptop. My bro works in IT and I asked his advice on all of this - he checked out what I said I wanted, what I really needed and what I could actually afford.

In part I leaned towards a laptop to be more fair to HM - if I'm out all day it will really help him find work if he has internet access - and both of us would be happier if he doesn't have to go into my room. And it's really not much cheaper to get a PC - certainly not the spec my bro thinks I need. This is the only computer I have ever bought and I'll be using it in a number of different situations for probably the next 5 years. He is really good with money, knows the market, so I trust him when he says what I am buying is the best option for me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 447103)
I nailed an interview and got the job!! (good bene's too)

GOOD FOR YOU!
Many congratulations!

xoxoxoBruce 04-20-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 447117)
In part I leaned towards a laptop to be more fair to HM - if I'm out all day it will really help him find work if he has internet access - and both of us would be happier if he doesn't have to go into my room.

I thought HM had one already?

Sundae 04-20-2008 06:23 PM

Broked.
That's why my access was so limited before I started working here & was given the key and permission to come in any time.

zippyt 04-20-2008 07:08 PM

Whats making me happy ,
Im sitting on my back porch as I type this ,
New Wireless router is working ,
Birds be chirping , and the world is green an fresh
as I survey the yard work I have done this weekend ,
2-3 beers Good Beers , Good tunes ,
lighting the grill for KayBobs in just a sec ,
Tomorrow may suck , but right now Life is GOOD !!!:D :D

Good Choice SG , A Lap top is the right choice , Most versatal ,
Are you buying new or used ?? New would Prolly have a better warrenty

Good Fer YA CIC !!!!

Sundae 04-20-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 447154)
Good Choice SG , A Lap top is the right choice , Most versatal ,
Are you buying new or used ?? New would Prolly have a better warrenty

As I say, any decision making applause has to go to my brother - it's been in his capable hands.
Buying new for the warranty and support.
Before I got him involved I did ask various places about second hand. Everywhere I asked suggested that the market is moving so fast it's not worth it. That sounded like sales-talk to me, which is why I left it with my brother.

I'm confident I am getting pretty much what I need for my money. Oh and he talked me out of getting it in pink, and getting extra memory instead. Ah well.

zippyt 04-20-2008 07:21 PM

I have been flirting with getting Carol a Pink lap top , but yer Bro is right , extra memory trumps the color

DucksNuts 04-21-2008 03:59 AM

My dell is Red, I love it, but expensed it for work :)