The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Aliantha 09-18-2008 04:16 PM

Today I get to pick my boys up and then spend 2 whole weeks with them over what you lot in the US would probably call spring break.

i'm very excited.

Aliantha 09-18-2008 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These flowers just arrived for me from my wonderful husband.

Today is a good day for me. I feel good, I get to see my boys, I got flowers, and we're going out for dinner with friends tonight. I'm not sure how it could possibly be a better day really. :)

Attachment 19446

Griff 09-19-2008 05:45 AM

Lil' Griff just went out on the porch and called the dog... in pirate.

DucksNuts 09-19-2008 05:56 AM

Yay on the poo, and the flower front, Ali. Did Dazza send you congratz flowers for parking the buick in the porcelin garage?

Congratz Sundae!!

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 485256)
Lil' Griff just went out on the porch and called the dog... in pirate.

Priceless! :p

Interview Tuesday! Wish me luck! :jig:

classicman 09-19-2008 08:28 AM

Great S123 - best of luck ... and a few prayers headed your way.

dar512 09-19-2008 08:42 AM

Mrs. Dar's snickerdoodles. Nom, nom, nom.

Sundae 09-19-2008 08:44 AM

Ah Shawnee we've been telling you for years now that you're worth more than you imagine. Now we have outside proof and won't let you forget it.
It's made my day to hear that - well done you and all the best of luck.

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 08:46 AM

Thanks so much. My confidence level is rising. :)

classicman 09-19-2008 09:02 AM

Now look at the thread about negotiating for even MORE money!

HungLikeJesus 09-19-2008 09:17 AM

I think making too much money is often a mistake. You become used to that level of income and it becomes harder to find a job if you lose that one, you are more at risk of losing your job when cuts are made, and it's harder to leave a job if you aren't happy.

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 09:21 AM

WTF is too much money? I've been scraping by for so long I would LOVE to worry about making too much money.

It's just me, here. I have to do what is right for me, because I don't expect to meet that Magic Man who will pay my bills and let me play all day.

And in education, particularly at the school to which I am applying, cuts are rarely made. When other industries make cuts, education soars.

Oh let me let me let me get "used to that level of income."

Sundae 09-19-2008 09:42 AM

Same here chick.

Although I see where HLJ is coming from - I've only just reached the level I was at in 1998 when I worked for Dr Solomons Software. And that was out-of-London wages, everything was much cheaper (esp house prices and petrol) and I was in a stable relationship, so shared all my bills. Good job I couldn't see into the future back then, my svelte, reasonably affluent and loved up 25 year old self would probably have died from shock, setting up some sort of time rift which would end the universe as we know it.

Shawnee123 09-19-2008 10:02 AM

lol--I too am glad I couldn't see into the future. I'd be like "I'm going to be making WHAT for doing WHAT? AND I'll be alone? Huh-uh!) :)

I do want to say it isn't just about the money. I would be doing a LOT more of what I love and a LOT less of what I don't love. I would be paid a lot more for doing a lot less. I like to work hard. I don't like to feel like I can't do anything well because lately it's been all about not drowning (ahem...time at the Cellar is NOT wasted time :blush: )

Ah well, I may not even get an offer, but it's nice to dream about getting a new car before this one falls into a thousand pieces. Nice to dream about taking a me-cation in my new car, going wherever my heart desires, nice to think about taking my nieces to fun places.

Money doesn't buy happiness. It does buy a certain level of freedom.

Chocolatl 09-19-2008 02:11 PM

I passed my driving test!

Wahoo! :driving: