The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Gravdigr 06-15-2012 08:34 AM

What's making me happy today?

I've been told I'm getting laid tomorrow.

:cheerldr:

Trilby 06-17-2012 12:46 PM

My rain charm worked!

Gravdigr 06-17-2012 03:11 PM

Thanks!

Sundae 06-18-2012 03:16 PM

I got asked for my address.
Obviously for my birthday.
Am really warm inside now.

It wasn't a kissy-kissy type ask, but it was from someone I really admire.

footfootfoot 06-24-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been gradually working on my Marlin 60, converting a sow's ear of a rifle (relatively speaking) into a silk purse. First, I did a trigger job to it, reducing the weight from ~8 pounds (not kidding, you could pick the gun up by the trigger) to a more reasonable 3 ½ pounds. Next, I lengthened the stock to increase the pull to about 14" and gave it a nice curved butt. (heh heh heh, I said butt)

Today, I glass-bedded the barrel and receiver, I'll know in a few hours if I fucked it all up. When the glass bedding job is done, then I'll add a cheek piece, sand, and refinish the stock. I may also re-paint the top of the receiver, it is a little chipped.

Pics later.

This is the style of rifle butt I put on my Marlin. NOT MY photo or rifle-- just for illustration

orthodoc 06-24-2012 04:45 PM

I don't know anything about gun specs but that is one beautiful stock! The metalwork is gorgeous too ...

sorry, not what enthusiasts would focus on, but I do like the aesthetics. :)

infinite monkey 06-24-2012 06:23 PM

Oh cool foot. My dad has had, for as long as I can remember, a rifle hanging in their room. It was made by another fine woodworker, an old family friend who is a cousin also to my dad. Really neat man.

Sadly he passed this last week.

Illtry to get a pic sometime. (If I ever send your rocks.) :)

footfootfoot 06-24-2012 08:51 PM

Missed a great, albeit obvious, "get your rocks off" pun...

footfootfoot 06-24-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 815799)
I got asked for my address.
Obviously for my birthday.
Am really warm inside now.

It wasn't a kissy-kissy type ask, but it was from someone I really admire.

She offered her honor,
he honored her offer,
and all night long
it was offer and honor

elSicomoro 06-24-2012 09:24 PM

This past week has been fucking shitty as all hell...but Michelle made a ham and egg casserole tonight...and all is right with the world. :)

BigV 06-25-2012 02:47 PM

You want her to get your rocks off.

We know.

Clodfobble 06-26-2012 10:27 PM

Tapatalk is making me very happy in this new Smartphone world I'm living in. Now I can browse the cellar while I'm sitting around waiting for all our various extracurriculars to end! (I did try putting this in a more relevant thread, but since dozens of Jim's posts have the word "tapatalk" in the automatic signature, it was too much work to find the right one.) Unfortunately, it also means I can just pick up my phone from the nightstand and browse a few more threads instead of sleeping, which is a dangerous thing indeed.

Aliantha 06-27-2012 04:36 AM

I just had a facial. My skin looks and feels great. Lucky me.

Pico and ME 06-27-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 817244)
Tapatalk is making me very happy in this new Smartphone world I'm living in. Now I can browse the cellar while I'm sitting around waiting for all our various extracurriculars to end! (I did try putting this in a more relevant thread, but since dozens of Jim's posts have the word "tapatalk" in the automatic signature, it was too much work to find the right one.) Unfortunately, it also means I can just pick up my phone from the nightstand and browse a few more threads instead of sleeping, which is a dangerous thing indeed.

So, now that you speak your meassages instead of typing, is what you are saying any different from what you would type?

BigV 06-27-2012 11:45 AM

I've resisted the tapatalk invitation so far. But I will say typing on this phone is difficult. Partly because of my inexperience with this keyboard interface (software), partly because the hardware interface is cumbersome for my fat fingers. Actually, I just have normal hands, large hands. The space on the screen for each "character" is quite tiny and I am kind of surprised the phone gets it right as often as it does. But "typing" on this thing... there's a certain amount of suffering involved.

I expect my dictated posts would be different from my typed posts. But who knows what unexpected trouble I'd find with the tapatalk interface.