The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Griff 01-22-2012 11:52 AM

Thanks Sundae. Am loving the lifestyle right now. :)

Lamplighter 01-22-2012 11:58 AM

Very nice...

classicman 01-22-2012 01:11 PM

That entrance looks even better with a lil snow on it.
Damn fine work.

Sundae 01-22-2012 01:23 PM

As Shel said to David Hasselhoff...

Griff 01-22-2012 02:19 PM

She shoots, she scores!

BigV 01-24-2012 08:32 AM

Griff, that's idyllic. It's a good feeling to be snug and dry under the result of your own work.

Griff 01-24-2012 04:43 PM

Yeah V, but then the rains came. Still snug but less idyllic... seriously its January.

zippyt 01-24-2012 05:53 PM

beautimus Griff

Griff 01-24-2012 08:01 PM

Thanks Bro!

BigV 01-25-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 790472)
Yeah V, but then the rains came. Still snug but less idyllic... seriously its January.

My place, while no where near as photogenic, has also been snug and dry through this last spasm of actual winter weather, snow, wind, rain, more rain. It is very gratifying to report that my repair on the roof has proven to be successful. No more wet ceiling.

Though... I now have a chance to learn how to plaster a ceiling. That should be fun.

Sundae 01-25-2012 02:52 PM

I don't know if I said this before, but it makes me happy that the 'rents bought me a new bed (out of Grandad's money)
Installed it when I was in Scotland in December.

I was a bit grumpy about the idea, as they previously replaced the mattress and it was worse than before (from another bed in the house). And also I am a very private person and I knew Mum would use the installation as an excuse to poke through everything I owned.

She did. I came home to things from drawers and wardrobes separated into bags and boxes for me to sort through. After a 12 hour trip. Niiiice.

The good thing is we've reached an unspoken compromise re my room.
She is allowed in to hoover; I hoover, but not frequently enough for her.

She can check Diz's litter tray (so she no longer drops nasty hints about me not looking after him)
As it turns out the only emptying she has done was when he had the squits this week - and I thank her for it.
She imagines and smells a lot when she can't see.

I empty my wastebin almost every day, so she has no excuse to say "It must be stinking by now" when all that is in it is paper.

But above all - I have a great bed!
When I wake up in the middle of the night I soothe myself back to sleep by knowing I can relax IN MY GREAT BED.
On weekend mornings I can actually sleep in because I have a great bed.
Okay, it's still a single. There isn't room for anything wider.
But the mattress is .... great!

I haven't had a new mattress since 1998. New to me I mean.

I do thank Mum every few days.
I love it.
It makes me happy.

DanaC 01-25-2012 03:17 PM

Ohhhh... I envy you your great bed!

I have a 'double' but it's one of those wooden slat type things. Shouldn't have got it. Knew at the time it was a foolish choice, but all my rooms are fucking doll sized so had to get dollshouse furniture and this was pretty much the smallest bed ikea had that could still carry the tag 'double bed':p

Problem is those wooden slats fuck your mattress up faster than a very fast thing. It's been turned over, and around and every permutation possible, but I think i am going tohave to bite the bullet and buy a new one. I have to sleep in a distorted z shape so as to weave my body around the springs.

Actually....thinking about it, I don't think I have a single piece of furniture in my house that could really be described as 'comfy'. 'S all too bastard small.

DanaC 01-25-2012 03:28 PM

What's making me happy (and sad, and excited and full of trepidation, all) is tha I have just booked flights, for this Saturday, to Guernsey to go and see the little brown beardie pup.

My hand's shaking a little. Though that might be the three glasses of wine I had at the Post Grad open evenin :p

I am swinging wildly between elation and deep sorrow. F'r instance I startd this post with a big grin on my face, but I'm ending it with tears streamin down my face. Fucked up eh? :p

I really want this dog. Not as much as I want Pilau back. But that isn't an option obviously. I still can't quite bear the notion that I'll never cuddle him again. But at the same time, I imagine holding this little pup and my heart leaps.

Ha. Whaddaye know. The tears have stopped and I am smiling again. Funny old life this.

HungLikeJesus 01-25-2012 04:20 PM

Perhaps you're insane.

DanaC 01-25-2012 04:30 PM

I considered that possibility, but the voice in my head told me that was silly and really I am fine.