The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Griff 08-04-2011 05:42 AM

Your fly is down.

grynch 08-04-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

What's making you happy today?
the drugs have kicked in.

Bullitt 08-04-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 748476)
Your fly is down.

I knew something was up.

BigV 08-04-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 748091)
Really?
--snip--
I accept this might be odd.

your acceptance is not necessary. O_O

glatt 08-05-2011 08:24 AM

My father in law got accepted to the assisted living facility we wanted for him! Now we just have to make moving and transportation arrangements. This won't be hanging over my head for much longer, and I'll be able to go on a vacation as planned, even if it will be a couple days delayed.

Clodfobble 08-05-2011 09:30 AM

Hooray!

Big Sarge 08-06-2011 12:48 AM

I handed a wonderful chat with Lola Bunny today. She really brightened my day

HungLikeJesus 08-06-2011 09:08 AM

Handed? Is that SFW?

CzinZumerzet 08-06-2011 02:15 PM

Sitting here at home with a glass of red by my side and the rest of the bottle in the kitchen and tonight's Prom Concert will be starting on BBC2 in just under an hour. Mahler's 2nd Symphony. And such a beautiful evening.

DanaC 08-06-2011 02:18 PM

Hiya Caz!

Sounds delightful :)

footfootfoot 08-06-2011 02:27 PM

I like to think of myself as not being a competitive person. Today I saw that was kind of a fantasy when I took my bow-hunter education test. I was highly stoked that I finished 10 minutes before everyone else (54 students) and got a 100. Finishing first would have meant nothing w/o the 100.

Next week is regular hunter safety.

Now I have to find a bunch of people who will let me hunt on them's property.

Sundae 08-06-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 748686)
My father in law got accepted to the assisted living facility we wanted for him!

Good work, Glatt. Taking control of a parent's future is a tough call.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 748816)
I had a wonderful chat with Lola Bunny today. She really brightened my day

Having spoken to Lola and you, I expect the feeling is mutual. You're both great to talk to.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CzinZumerzet (Post 748915)
Sitting here at home with a glass of red by my side and the rest of the bottle in the kitchen and tonight's Prom Concert will be starting on BBC2 in just under an hour. Mahler's 2nd Symphony. And such a beautiful evening.

Oh to be beside the seaside, beside the sea.
I am listening to 5 Live (which has no interest for me on a Saturday night) because I don't know how to retune my radio. And no wine. And FAR inland.

But am relaxed and feeling okay about being halfway between being full and being hungry. A destination I would fill with cheese and crackers if I wasn't on a diet.

Don't get me wrong, I was drooling over a take-away menu three hours ago, but I'm better than that, stronger than that.... ie I still wished I'd ordered it when Mum was out & scoffed the lot. That's why we're in this together.

ZenGum 08-06-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 748919)

Now I have to find a bunch of people who won't hear the sound of a bow.

footfootfoot 08-06-2011 07:32 PM

What is the season and bag limit for Zen monks?

ZenGum 08-06-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 748959)
What is the season and bag limit for Zen monks?

Well, it's tricky.

The season is the eternal now moment, so you're probably good for that.

The bag limit is at once zero, one and infinity. That is harder but any game warden will have even more trouble with it than you, so you're probably good there, too.

The catch is, you have to hunt them with a bow that shoots in a forest when there is no-one around, and that includes you. So the only way to operate one is to achieve a state of "no mind" in which your Self disappears. To do this you must first become a Zen monk. Which means that when you go hunting for Zen monks, the first one you find is you.

Now you see why the problem with the bag limit never really comes up.