The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Psychopathy (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26982)

classicman 03-05-2012 01:47 PM

What that heck is THAT about???
I highly doubt that V is the only one with that opinion of HQ.
I find his posting style odd. For example, he refuses to use the quote function. OK no biggie.
He has some opinions that are certainly unique and when pressed, they really don't hold water (see what I did thar?)
But all in all he's fine. I read what he writes. Agreement or movement from his engrained opinion?
Nope, not gonna happen. His mind is made up. There is no disputing that.
That says nothing about whether he's a nice guy or not.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 01:54 PM

I find your posting style odd.
You now turn every post into a pome.
It's really annoying.
And you turn others' posts into pomes too.
That's even more annoying.
Learn to write a paragraph. ;)

Let's see, a thread was started that was for the sole purpose of calling a dwellar that some don't particularly care for the posting style of a psychopath? And you ask...what the heck is that about? It's about it's a bunch of bullshit, is what that's about.

Nothing personal to you, of course. I just really don't get where this is coming from. For instance, I've seen you and, say, Lamp talk (argue) about something...and no one's opinion changes ONE IOTA. However no one starts a thread implying that one of you is a psychopath.

And who are you to speak of others' opinions of anyone? What do you know? I only see a few clamoring for space in this thread. Is there a secret club where the really good people talk about the really bad people? Can I get a decoder ring and a t-shirt?

jimhelm 03-05-2012 02:05 PM

ah, see... that's why I don't participate in political debate. because NO ONE changes their opinion based on what other people tell them. You're not going to win a subjective argument. There are no right or wrong answers. to me, politics is just large scale bickering.

and that brings out the nasty side of people like nothing else I've seen.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 02:06 PM

This is true, but this is not what this thread is about.

classicman 03-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Let's see, a thread was started that was for the sole purpose of calling a dwellar that some don't particularly care for the posting style of a psychopath?
It was? Really? I totally missed that. As you know, I'm more honest with my insults. That kind of shit, just isn't my style.
For instance, I've seen you and, say, Lamp talk (argue) about something...and no one's opinion changes ONE IOTA.
You haven't been paying attention then. How do you know what influence my conversations with him have had on either of us?
Quote:

And who are you to speak of others' opinions of anyone? What do you know? I only see a few clamoring for space in this thread. Is there a secret club where the really good people talk about the really bad people?
Right back at you. I believe you did the same thing to V that you are accusing me of doing. How is that different?
Who is clamoring? I was just voicing my opinion - kinda what we do here - regarding the previous exchange.
Apparently you know a lot more - Care to share?
Any clubs that exist here would not invite me. Of that I am sure. Perhaps you'd like to ask your group.

jimhelm 03-05-2012 02:12 PM

oh, I assumed that this thread spilled out of some political disagreement between spex and hq. ....admittedly, gathered solely from the context of this thread.

was wrong?

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 02:12 PM

You know that sound that cartoon characters make when an anvil falls on their head and they have to shake their head around so it pops back out?

I'm making that sound right now.

edit: @ jim, sure it stemmed from something like that. I wasn't sure if the implication was what I thought it was until griff pointed out he thought so too. Of course, Spexx could still confirm or deny this.

classicman 03-05-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 799622)
This is not what this thread is about.

Please explain what this thread is about then.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 02:18 PM

Oh ffs. I don't even know what you're talking about half the time, you know? Stuff a sock in it, Vinnie.

Who's not paying attention? You, sir. You. Please read for comprehension this time. (I'm channeling you, you see.)

henry quirk 03-05-2012 02:25 PM

"I believe his position is inconsistent and contradictory."

Specific examples, please.

#

"so I believe we're done talking"

Fine by me...no one is compelled to participate in any thread...interesting, then, how you just HAD to pipe in, about me, in this one.

You want my babies: admit it... ;)

##

"He has some opinions that are certainly unique and when pressed, they really don't hold water"

Again: specific examples, please.

BigV 03-05-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 799580)
No, there's no point in responding when you know you can't win, is there? I never expect that to change here.

--snip

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 799583)
Another thing, he hasn't said anything disrespectful to any of you. Yet you still act like butt-hurt babies because you know you will never, ever, win a battle of wits with him.

Grow up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 799621)
ah, see... that's why I don't participate in political debate. because NO ONE changes their opinion based on what other people tell them. You're not going to win a subjective argument. There are no right or wrong answers. to me, politics is just large scale bickering.

and that brings out the nasty side of people like nothing else I've seen.

Perhaps it is because you see political conversations this way, something to be won or lost, and I do not, that we also don't agree on how they have been conducted.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 02:35 PM

Then what the fuck is your problem with henry?

Hypocritical, you are.

And remember: an unexamined life is not worth living. I propose you examine why you have these feelings towards him, for no apparent reason, and why you felt compelled to post how bad you are as neighbors. Why did you feel compelled to tell yet one more person how they don't stack up? You pretend to be open to everything and willing to learn and grow...yet you had to be snottish towards someone...for what reason? I still can't figure that out, but it's hardly the open and honest discourse ability you profess to possess.

It was pointless. That's why this whole thing is so funny. The protesting too much, the backpedaling, the giant letters...such folly for dwellars! I laughed! I cried! I saved 5 bucks!

classicman 03-05-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 799626)
You know that sound that cartoon characters make when an anvil falls on their head and they have to shake their head around so it pops back out?

I'm making that sound right now.

Yes, I know it quite well. Happens many times upon reading your posts.
Quote:

edit: @ jim, sure it stemmed from something like that. I wasn't sure if the implication was what I thought it was until griff pointed out he thought so too. Of course, Spexx could still confirm or deny this.
So, because you and griff made the same assumption (Spexx calling HQ a psychopath) you went off on V. Got it - yeh, uh no.
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 799628)
Oh ffs. I don't even know what you're talking about half the time, you know? Stuff a sock in it, Vinnie.

Who's not paying attention? You, sir. You. Please read for comprehension this time. (I'm channeling you, you see.)

Again with the incomprehensible BS and attempted insults. OK. You are currently not worth my time. Have at it.

jimhelm 03-05-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 799634)
Perhaps it is because you see political conversations this way, something to be won or lost, and I do not, that we also don't agree on how they have been conducted.

like an election or something, you mean?

classicman 03-05-2012 02:41 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.