The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 03-07-2019 03:41 PM

I wonder if an island induces we're in this together, it's us against the world?

Glinda 03-07-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1027498)
Successful construction of baked onion bhajis to send away with Mr Limey tomorrow as a gift for his host for two nights away back on the Old Island. Except I'd rather keep and eat them. Will have to make more for Food Night here on New Island on Thursday I think.

Sent by magick

I had to look that up and now I'm contemplating trying to make them myself. They sound delicious. :) Thanks for expanding my must-try recipe list!

Gravdigr 03-08-2019 01:07 PM

I had to look it up, too.

xoxoxoBruce 04-10-2019 01:11 AM

I got the annual begging for a donation letter from the Fire Company today. They mentioned when I shop on Amazon if I go to SmileDotAmazonDotcom instead of AmazonDotCom, and select the name of the Fire Company(or any charity), Amazon will kick back 0.5% of my purchases to them.

I logged in to check it out, but haven't checked to see if the prices are the same both ways. Amazon claims they started this separate system to be spread by word of mouth through charities, friends, and neighbors. The 0.5% comes from the savings of not having to advertise. Sounds like bullshit to me, but I can see where if you're buying something online why not get it from Amazon and help your charity.

Clodfobble 04-10-2019 01:11 PM

As their advertising rates are routinely in the "6% of sales" range, you can rest assured it's bullshit.*

*Bullshit that the percentages aren't higher, I mean. The money really does go to the charities, and the prices of the products are the same. The catch is you have to type in the "smile" bit at the beginning of the address (or bookmark it or whatever) every single time. You can't just say "I designate this charity for all my sales forever."

xoxoxoBruce 04-11-2019 12:38 AM

I didn't know that, they didn't make me designate when I signed in so I guess I have to at checkout. :facepalm:

Gravdigr 04-21-2019 01:35 PM

You would not believe the Goddess that just got out of a car @ my neighbor's house.

:drool:

Smokin'.

BigV 04-21-2019 04:15 PM

Maybe she got the wrong address.... you could give her directions, hm?

monster 04-21-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1030053)
I got the annual begging for a donation letter from the Fire Company today. They mentioned when I shop on Amazon if I go to SmileDotAmazonDotcom instead of AmazonDotCom, and select the name of the Fire Company(or any charity), Amazon will kick back 0.5% of my purchases to them.

I logged in to check it out, but haven't checked to see if the prices are the same both ways. Amazon claims they started this separate system to be spread by word of mouth through charities, friends, and neighbors. The 0.5% comes from the savings of not having to advertise. Sounds like bullshit to me, but I can see where if you're buying something online why not get it from Amazon and help your charity.

Been using Amazon Smile for years. Prices are the same ...like CF says, just bookmark the smile link to your account

Gravdigr 04-21-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1030897)
Maybe she got the wrong address.... you could give her directions, hm?

BigV 04-21-2019 08:48 PM

Right!

xoxoxoBruce 04-22-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1030904)
Been using Amazon Smile for years. Prices are the same ...like CF says, just bookmark the smile link to your account

Yes, it's been around for six years and I'd never heard of it. I asked several people and got a blank stare. Got it bookmarked now.

henry quirk 04-23-2019 06:12 PM

Space (Truckin') Opera is done.

I've made it as good as I can.

Now comes packagin' it up & sendin' it out (over and over and over...)

Time to start sumthin' new.

BigV 04-24-2019 07:19 PM

I'm tickled this afternoon having just won a radio contest!

I was the first caller to identify this soundbite:

What I won:

KOMO Afternoon Soundbite

Tune in ALL DAY to KOMO News Radio and you could win!
Listen at 4:30p as we play the Sound bite of the day. Correctly identify who it was and you could win:

A pair of tickets to see

Ciara

Friday, September 13th at the Washington State Fair!
Pre-sale starts Wednesday, April 24th at 10 AM with pre-sale code: radio.
Regular on-sale, Saturday, April 20th at TheFair.org!

And, a ride on the Kitsap Fast Foot Ferry!
Sprint across the Sound at a top speed of 35 knots aboard the M/V Finest! / Summer sailings begin the first Saturday in May and run through the end of September!

Plus, Breakfast/lunch for 2 at the Sunbreak Café in Auburn!
Serving award winning breakfast and lunch since 1982!

Extra degree of difficulty: I was driving home on the freeway at the time. Anticipated the contest on the car radio, dialed immediately via wireless headset, first ring, first caller, first answer! First time, no warmup!

BigV 04-24-2019 07:25 PM

Thank you Michael Cohen!