The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

monster 06-09-2013 09:11 PM

no.

ZenGum 06-09-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 867566)
No, this is a different one. lol. God i feel like a shit parent now. lol

"You get your self back here and feed the cat within ten minutes! I'm not having you turn out like an undisciplined slacker like your brother!"

Seriously, this sort of thing is normal for a teenager's brain. Like that time one had your car keys with him and left in a different vehicle, leaving you stranded. The act of thinking things through and exploring all consequences - especially those that only affect other people - is a part of adult behaviour, but it takes time for teenagers to learn it.
It's kind of like the tunnel vision of a five year old who sees his soccer ball bounce onto the road, so he runs out to get it without checking for cars.
He isn't stupid, he just needs more training at being an adult.

So, you're not a bad parent, you're just not finished with him yet.

BigV 06-10-2013 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Andy the Reluctant Outdoor Dog is actively campaigning to become Andy the Permanently Outdoor Dog.

Attachment 44334

footfootfoot 06-10-2013 02:05 PM

I'd say it is a landslide victory.

ZenGum 06-10-2013 08:34 PM

Landslide, landfill, who can tell?

Aliantha 09-23-2013 09:35 PM

Well, practically everything is pissing me off, but mostly just life in general. I have just had enough. The kids just started a two week break from school, and Daryl, who has had a cough for about three months now and has refused to see a doctor about it, seems to have picked up some other bug on top of it, probably because his immune system is up the shitter. This is pissing me off because I know my immune system is low because I am tired and just not doing well emotionally lately, so I have got whatever he has. Max and Maverick both seem to have picked it up too. Next week the kids are all supposed to be going to my Dad's for a few days so I can have a rest. I have booked myself into a beachside resort/apartment to just basically sleep for a few days. This would all be fine except I can't really send a car full of sick kids to my father for the week. Last break the kids had, you will remember our road trip holiday had to be cut very short because of the last bug daryl brought into the house. I'm just fucking over it. I will kill someone if I don't get the break I need. I know it as plain as the nose on my face.

Then I come here and am reminded that one of my favourite posters has 'retired' from this site, so that's pissing me off too now.

It's times like this I wish I was still a smoker.

Oh, and the other thing that's pissing me off are people complaining about receiving app requests on facebook. BLOCK THE FUCKING APP YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!!

limegreenc 09-23-2013 10:25 PM

Nothing cheers me up better than food expecially if it's made for me

:yesnod:Butter Tarts
Recipe is for a dozen tarts

2 eggs
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup maple syrup or corn syrup (maple is favored)
¾ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
½ cup raisins or currants

Toss ingredients into a sauce pan and heat at medium, stirring constantly to a gentle boil. After 1 minute remove from heat.

Spoon 1 full tablespoon of mixture into the tart shells to cover the bottom. Wait till it settles a bit then add more to half filled. (It bubbles up while cooking, so don’t overfill).

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes depending if your oven runs hot.
Enjoy!

lumberjim 09-24-2013 01:06 PM

Another solo flight today. Dickhead is milking this infection he has for 110%. Apparently his anti biotics will only work at home. 5 deliveries scheduled between 5:30 and 7:30....add to that whatever we sell tonight and unscheduled deliveries that I'm sure will appear on my rack.

This shit is getting old.

John Sellers 09-24-2013 04:46 PM

My remotes. It seems that every code I enter into my DirecTV remote to control my TV is wrong. I have a hard enuf time getting it into programming mode in the first place. Even worse, my Vizio remote won't control my Vizio TV.

I'm also concerned the the problem may not even be the remotes, but the IR sensor on the TV itself.

orthodoc 09-24-2013 04:48 PM

Washington, DC traffic: taking two hours to drive 40 miles.

glatt 09-25-2013 06:54 AM

Yep. Traffic absolutely sucks here.

limey 09-25-2013 03:15 PM

A two and a quarter hour delay in the take off of a one and a half hour flight. For a three hour meeting tomorrow. :banghead:

Sent by thought transference

John Sellers 09-26-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Sellers (Post 876899)
My remotes. It seems that every code I enter into my DirecTV remote to control my TV is wrong. I have a hard enuf time getting it into programming mode in the first place. Even worse, my Vizio remote won't control my Vizio TV.

I'm also concerned the the problem may not even be the remotes, but the IR sensor on the TV itself.

Well, this is solved....finally.

orthodoc 09-26-2013 11:13 PM

What's pissing me off ... the fact that the rest of the world finds it hilarious that some of us can't hear.

What?

Gilda Radnor was a talented woman and I wish she hadn't died young from ovarian cancer, but her Emily Litella character was about as funny as the Holocaust. Would you applaud a comedian making racist jokes? Sexist jokes? Homophobic slurs?

It takes a lot of talent and courage to mock people who can't hear well enough to make important distinctions in speech, who suffer humiliation in every social encounter.

What?

sexobon 09-26-2013 11:32 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way.