The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

infinite monkey 05-09-2011 08:34 AM

Happy yesterday: watched the 5 year old niece's dance recital. Fun! And fast. Those things are fun in smaller doses.

And I ran into a guy I went to HS with. We talked for a minute and he said "You look exactly the same!" "No I don't." "Yeah, you really do."

I've been feeling dumpy and lumpy and gross, so it was nice to hear.

limey 05-09-2011 08:39 AM

:cool: The Tickets Have Landed

lookout123 05-09-2011 11:06 AM

Last night we had fresh cilantro from the garden in our taco mix. Our roma tomatos are only a few days away from being ready too.

It tastes so much better when you grow it yourself.

Sundae 05-09-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 732191)
:cool: The Tickets Have Landed

WOOOHOOOO!

plthijinx 05-09-2011 02:14 PM

holy shyt! i called ZA just now to shake the bushes as i haven't had any work from him lately and to let him know the schedule i have at the track now that i'm a manager. BAM!! INTERVIEW tomorrow morning in west houston and i'm going to take a drug test here in the next half hour. SAWHEEEEEEEET!! i called and talked to the interviewer and he was already impressed. i was forthright with him (to a degree obviously) and told him when he asked if i had any experience with control panels, 120v, 277, 480 24vdc etc. i told him i have 20 years experience and mentioned that i quit engineering to go fly but am now back in engineering and have been working with ZA since January. yyyyyeesssssssssss!

SamIam 05-09-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 732232)
Last night we had fresh cilantro from the garden in our taco mix. Our roma tomatos are only a few days away from being ready too.

You'll pay for that early harvest when it gets up to 110+ farenheit this summer! :eek:

footfootfoot 05-09-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 732232)
Our roma tomatos are only a few days away from being ready too.

Our roma tomatos are only a few weeks away from being ready to transplant and only a few months away from being ready to harvest. GO ARCTIC!!!

agreed, it does taste so much better when you grow it yourself, thank god we don't need to survive on what we can grow ourselves...

plthijinx 05-09-2011 02:59 PM

Fresh roma tomato is da bomb! Wish i had some plants at the house. As it stands gonna stop by the store on my way home from the peepee test clinic and pick up some roma maters to com with the fish I'm cooking for supper...

Clodfobble 05-09-2011 03:49 PM

We abandoned the idea of tomatoes this year, we've just had terrible luck getting them to grow at all. I don't know what we're doing wrong.

But the zucchini, butternut squash, and onions are all doing fantastic. Giant orange blooms all over the zucchini, I had no idea they could flower so much. OH! And the blackberry and blueberry bushes! I'm so excited for this year. The bell peppers are off to a very slow start though, definitely not as bountiful as last year and I'm afraid they might not work out at all.

morethanpretty 05-09-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 732174)
How on earth does a paper get graded so fast?

I submitted online. Saw my prof was still up on facebook (he's a night time person) and told him to get to grading! He left a critique even so its obvious he read it.

lookout123 05-09-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 732329)
We abandoned the idea of tomatoes this year, we've just had terrible luck getting them to grow at all. I don't know what we're doing wrong.

But the zucchini, butternut squash, and onions are all doing fantastic. Giant orange blooms all over the zucchini, I had no idea they could flower so much. OH! And the blackberry and blueberry bushes! I'm so excited for this year. The bell peppers are off to a very slow start though, definitely not as bountiful as last year and I'm afraid they might not work out at all.

Wait, have you been looking at my garden? That is a great description of ours right now if you replace blackberry with strawberry.

plthijinx 05-09-2011 04:53 PM

not only is it an interview, i just found out that i may be hired on the spot! double sawheeeeeet!

lookout123 05-09-2011 04:54 PM

As a gardener? That's awesome!

plthijinx 05-09-2011 04:56 PM

lol! nah, control panel checkouts. make sure that they are wired right before being shipped to the field.

lookout123 05-09-2011 04:57 PM

Well, that's less earthy but totally awesome as well.