The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 01-15-2013 03:50 AM

Excellent news! So happy!

For myself? It's 1:49 and I have another 135 pages to go. :D

DanaC 01-15-2013 04:01 AM

Great news Jay. I was going to post asking for an update, but you beat me to it :)

Did you get Loki checked out for unseen damage after the car hit? I only ask because my Pilau got himself into a couple of nasty situations. Once he tried to herd a 4x4 car and ended up half sliding under the car between the front and rear wheels. Fortunately, they were already slowing for a junction, so he just got clipped by the back wheel. Seemed fine, no injuries. Couple of years later, he fell of a cliff. Only a small one, maybe a 20 foot drop. Scared the shit out of me and mum, but he bounced back up seemingly fine.

It was later on, when he was older that he started to have problems, and those accidents had most likely caused minor injuries we weren't aware of but which became weaknesses and sites for arthritis and further injury. We probably couldn't have done much had we known, but we could perhaps have got him some anti inflammatories and enforced some rest to promote better healing.

Griff 01-15-2013 05:45 AM

Some dogs just handle that stuff. When I was a kid "my" dog got hit a number of times, he died of very old age.

BigV 01-15-2013 06:15 AM

Gone!

Nirvana 01-16-2013 07:26 PM

My friend worked as an activity director for the seniors that lived in
a hospital/senior living quarters. She worked there for 16 years. When they got a new manager all of a sudden no matter what she did this woman screamed at her in her office at least once a week.

My friend did not say much just vented to me and her husband. This manager made her life hell for no reason. In this job you can have a max of 3 PIs>Personal Infractions These were her PIs :
1)clocking in 1 minute early.
2) not having the TV set to a religious channel on a Sunday that she was not scheduled to work and was actually on vacation in another state.
3) letting a woman in her care eat a piece of cake. Not a diabetic and no other reason given except that she could have given her a healthier choice? WTF? These people live there, they are not on restricted diets. They can bring in any food they want.

My friend is the nicest person ever and had a sucky job where she took care of families and their dying or sick family members this was hospice care too, and this after 16 years this was how the hospital treated her?

After arbitration the hospital was found to have no basis to fire her which means she was entitled to 4 months back salary and she can now apply for unemployment. She deserves every penny. :)

BigV 01-18-2013 03:01 PM

Off to school for SonofV's *final* IEP.

classicman 01-18-2013 11:57 PM

Beat me to it. SonofC's lol is next month.

limey 01-19-2013 09:36 AM

Seeing UT, Jim and Amanda having fun in the this olde apartemente thread :)

orthodoc 01-19-2013 10:01 AM

Ditto!
Also, waking up with enough energy to get on the elliptical for a few minutes. :)

footfootfoot 01-19-2013 12:34 PM

I lost 10 pounds and now fit in my 36" waist pants.

Pete Zicato 01-19-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 849117)
I lost 10 pounds and now fit in my 36" waist pants.

Well done, you.

Griff 01-19-2013 01:25 PM

w00t! Now you can start the dwellar waist size thread.

footfootfoot 01-19-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 849132)
w00t! Now you can start the dwellar waist size thread.

I think there'd be more lying there than anywhere.

Griff 01-19-2013 01:43 PM

You betcha!

BigV 01-20-2013 01:25 AM

Tonight was the opening bout of the 2013 season of the Rat City Rollergirls! Twil and I have season tickets this year and that grants us VIP status, priority seating, early entrance, plus we get these nifty badges on lanyards.... Why, yes, I *am* a bit of a fanboy, why do you ask?

Anywhoo, my favorite team won their bout tonight; the Socket Wenches defeated the Throttle Rockets! It's gonna be a great year!