The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Flint 08-17-2007 09:30 AM

LabRat's Boss: So... do you like... stuff?

HungLikeJesus 08-17-2007 02:09 PM

I've been sick all week, and today I finally felt bad enough to stay home. So here I am getting caught up on The Cellar.

Also, it's raining, so I'm going to make some hot chocolate and go to the basement (not cellar) and watch a movie. Any suggestions?

Griff 08-17-2007 02:45 PM

Have you signed up for fantasy football yet?

HungLikeJesus 08-17-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 375932)
Have you signed up for fantasy football yet?

Quote:

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?"
Griff,
Sorry, I was just thinking about watching Taxi Driver.

Griff 08-17-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLJ (Post 375940)
Griff,
Sorry, I was just thinking about watching Taxi Driver.

This is pretty much the same thing.

Cloud 08-17-2007 03:15 PM

Finally finished a long story I've been working on for months, yay! It's been beta'd and almost ready to post.

HungLikeJesus 08-17-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 375949)
Finally finished a long story I've been working on for months, yay! It's been beta'd and almost ready to post.

Cloud - I assume that's in the Creative Expression forum, or will be.

Cloud 08-17-2007 03:38 PM

Thanks, HLJ, but no, it's a The Sentinel slash story, pretty long, and I'm sure there's not enough interest here for it. But I'm happy! I'm such a slow writer with a spotty muse, so I'm always happy when I finish a story. Happier still when I get feedback that people like it.

If anyone's interested in that kind of thing (male/male erotica) they can let me know, and I can tell them where to find it.

HungLikeJesus 08-17-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 375963)
Thanks, HLJ, but no, it's a The Sentinel slash story, pretty long, and I'm sure there's not enough interest here for it. But I'm happy!

If anyone's interested in that kind of thing (male/male erotica) they can let me know, and I can tell them where to find it.

Would it be much work to make a female/female version? Maybe just a search and replace, a little clean-up, some name changes. Think about it.

Cloud 08-17-2007 03:52 PM

LOL! Not unless you want one of your girls to be an ex-Ranger cop with enhanced senses named Jim!

BigV 08-17-2007 04:40 PM

not dead, yet!!

Cloud 08-17-2007 05:04 PM

reason enough to celebrate!

DanaC 08-17-2007 07:38 PM

Warning: Long

In my life I have lost touch with people, friends, acquaintances. A few I think about from time to time. Of all of them, the one I really regret was a friend from school, my teenage best mate.

We stayed friends, despite differences, arguments, fall outs between partner and friend etc. Things drifted though, we just didn't seem to relate to each other the same and were moving in different circles. We lost touch...and then a couple of years later I left our hometown and moved to the village I'm in now.

Another few years go by and out the blue she gets in touch. She'd phoned the house I lived in as a kid, spoke to Dad and got my address. We met up and it was nice, but both of us were in the midst of a bunch of emotional shit and we didn't maintain it. A couple of letters exchanged, then I lost her address. Another house move for each of us. Changed phone numbers all round.

Since I last saw her, about eight years ago, I've changed and so has my life. I'm no longer with my ex, I live alone, I'm at uni, I'm reasonably content (most of the time, the last two months notwithstanding:P) and moving forward.

Every so often, I think about her. I have made a few little attempts to find her. Looked online and phoned a few people, tried to find either her or her mum. I don't mean I've been searching y'know, but from time to time a thought'll occur and i'll take a looksee.

S'been a while since I tried. See, I don't even know her name now. Don't know if she's with the same guy (they were rocky last i knew) or with someone else, living together or married, living alone? a mum? I have no idea. Is she even still alive? The last time I saw her she'd had to go in for an op to remove pre cancerous cells.

This evening, quite unexpectedly checked my email and was told someone had poked me on facebook. I didn't even think, I just followed the link and there she was. Smiling out of a profile picture. Different surname y'see, that's why it didn't click.

How cool is that? She's not online right now, as it's silly o'clock over here, but I sent a friend request and a message.

It's funny. Last time me and her talked, my ex and I were making a go of it and things were quite peaceful. I was doing a good job of convincing myself I was happy. That was just before my life descended into chaos, confusion and unhappiness. I couldn't talk to the people who were around me. My best friend here was the partner I was falling out of love with. I used to imagine I was telling my mate stuff. Like I was planning out a letter in my head. And yeah, part of that was me longing for the simplicity of being a kid again, but part of it was that I missed a friendship that had meant so much to me as a kid, and yet I treated so lightly when I got involved with my man...there I was with that same man but everything falling apart and me thinking, I pretty much ditched my best friend.

Anyway...There y'go. She got in touch and I am very happy about it.

HungLikeJesus 08-17-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

...part of it was that I missed a friendship that had meant so much to me as a kid, and yet I treated so lightly when I should have valued it.
Dana, I often think about that. How do you appreciate what you have while you have it - your family, your friends, your town, your job, your health, your youth? Your mind? I haven't figured it out. We never seem to know what we're going to miss until we miss it. And you can never really get back to where you were.

DanaC 08-17-2007 07:57 PM

My apologies, I edited the post to clarify, and that line was altered. I chose my man over my friend, when my man was in the wrong. I allowed the fall out between the two of them, become a fall out between me and her. We 'fixed' it and stayed friends, but we'd never have drifted so easily had that break point not occurred.