The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 06-29-2008 12:54 AM

I don't think so... my take; In his 40's, after being an engineer for +-25 years, he discovered a whole other world, apart from engineering discipline. Now, at 74, having surfed the outlines of different subjects, feels enlightened and lonely, so is making an effort to find an appreciative crowd. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize how much we know, or that for every subject he's dabbled in, there are people with in depth experience that will dismiss him as a poser.

Think elderly TW.;)

DanaC 06-29-2008 06:23 AM

I get the impression he's someone who craves a deep philosophical discussion.

Cicero 06-29-2008 08:31 AM

Ok I have no idea what's going on. I'm not here for 2 days and people are talking over my head already.

Nevermind.......found it!

Griff 06-29-2008 09:37 AM

Cic- we've got a new poster who wants to change the world because its easier than changing himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 465627)
I get the impression he's someone who craves a deep philosophical discussion.

Initially, I thought he was a salesman for the independent Duchy of Stan or some such. If he would answer a response specifically with his own words, he could be interesting, but I don't believe he will.

BigV 06-30-2008 12:39 PM

Tink!

lookout123 06-30-2008 02:01 PM

although my knee is still more trashed than healthy, my friday team was coming up short for players. So i played keeper. turns out i'm not too bad at it. gave me a good feeling to know that if my legs go i can still play for a bit after that.

Sundae 06-30-2008 06:17 PM

It's my birthday.
I've made my mind up to be happy.
And I have good friends.

Yay!

Cloud 06-30-2008 07:31 PM

finished with my tires and alignment. Hope no car stuff for a while, yay!

Sundae 07-01-2008 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My birthday again (sorry)
Everyone has out-done themselves. I'm glad I made my mind up to be happy but I barely needed to.

HM had a card waiting for me on the living room table this morning, thereby abiding by my family's correct form for birthdays - cards are there on the morning of the day. Really, really special because his family do not have this "rule" and he does not even celebrate his own birthday.

Then, my boss made a special trip in to deliver the most beautiful roses - totally delicious. And a card (see above) She's not in all day, and neither are many of the other staple office staff. But a card from her signed on behalf of the team is twice as special as a card circulated and signed by all because it shows she thought (and worried) about me feeling left out. It's my job to get cards sorted usually you see.

And my bro's card & present arrived today - late compared to when he posted it, but I know it's not his fault and I got it on the day. AND as my token present he bought me Ass-Kickin Popcorn. I am currently inching my way through it. My arse will be well and truly kicked tomorrow I reckon.

Cards and well wishing in the Cellar has also made my day.

Everyone has really thought about me, and I've had some amazing personal thoughts/ cards/ gifts/ gestures this year and it's really made me feel special. Thank you.

limey 07-01-2008 04:14 PM

Keep a hold of that special feeling SG - it's how we here in the Cellar think of you every day!
Happy [rest of your] birthday!

DanaC 07-01-2008 05:47 PM

That's cause you are special hon:)

zippyt 07-02-2008 11:40 AM

My step daughter and hubby just bought a House !!!!!!!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3135/...7d2b2a6006.jpg

HungLikeJesus 07-02-2008 11:47 AM

It looks like they won't have to worry about flooding.

zippyt 07-02-2008 11:51 AM

No that is Not really a concern there

lookout123 07-02-2008 11:54 AM

nice place Zipp