The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

elSicomoro 07-30-2007 07:16 PM

I got out of jury duty...I had to sit through voir dire, but I'm not on a jury. Now I have tomorrow off...I'm gonna kick back and schmoke some weed!

(Of course, that's not gonna happen...but I will kick back and do nothing tomorrow. Maybe I'll just play PS2 all day.)

Undertoad 07-30-2007 08:42 PM

So the judge figured you couldn't put the guy to death by electrocution, huh?

elSicomoro 07-30-2007 09:09 PM

Yeah...we don't have firing squads here in MO, and that's the only way I like 'em dead.

rkzenrage 07-31-2007 01:55 AM

I am the fuckin' MAN!!!
A whole slew of nekkid chicks that are half my age want to be my friend and talk with me on MySpace and only half of them want to charge me for it!

Ibby 08-02-2007 12:27 AM

Yesterday: Guitar shipped, debit card arrived (you're welcome for the tip jar hit, UT), and got off work early

elSicomoro 08-02-2007 12:45 AM

Made a lot of money in my first day of work since Friday...and didn't have to see anyone in tighty whiteys.

Cloud 08-03-2007 10:21 AM

I got a raise! A whole dollar and 23 cents per hour. Is that a lot?

;)

Perry Winkle 08-03-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 371113)
I got a raise! A whole dollar and 23 cents per hour. Is that a lot?

;)

Depends. What percentage of your previous pay is it? If it's more than 3% then you beat inflation. Yay, you!

Or something like that.

Anyway, what's making me happy? Flight to England for graduate school is booked. Flight to San Francisco for gf's cousin's wedding is booked. Now I just have to sort my student loans and visa out and I'm good to coast for the next year.

freshnesschronic 08-03-2007 10:32 AM

saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico
other than that, enjoyed some girly drinks with my friends before they all left last nite, Smirnoffs.

Cloud 08-03-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Winkle (Post 371117)
Depends. What percentage of your previous pay is it? If it's more than 3% then you beat inflation. Yay, you!

I guess it is, then, thanks!

Ibby 08-03-2007 09:25 PM

I've got 780 in the bank and 100 in my wallet.

HungLikeJesus 08-04-2007 12:18 AM

I'm leaving for Germany in 11 hours.

Sundae 08-04-2007 03:24 PM

I walked past the construction yard at the bottom of the street about 10 minutes ago. In my own little world, thinking about how a black cat I'd seen had genuinely looked like a moving piece of darkness but how it was too cliched ever to use... I noticed as I passed that there was a dog on the other side of the gate and wondered if it was a guard dog. I had to look again as it seemed awfully small and skinny to be a guard dog and frankly a little unkind.

It was a fox.

Seeing a fox is one of my special things and when I'm feeling frivolous I pretend to believe it's a good omen. I know some people with large gardens and urban chickens hate city foxes. I say Yah Boo Sucks to them, if they are blessed with big gardens they have to take the down side with it. Says me who has a tiny yard.

HungLikeJesus 08-04-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLJ (Post 371347)
I'm leaving for Germany in 11 hours.

That might have been a bit optimistic. I should have said I was scheduled to leave in 11 hours. We've had a bit of a delay. The good news is that we might get to visit Chicago and London along the way to Frankfurt, but will be arriving about a day late.

SG - As I was preparing breakfast this morning, I saw a fox walking through the yard, behind the garage. I tapped on the window and she came to the front porch. I opened the front door and went to the kitchen to get an egg. When I turned back, she was standing in the front doorway.

I said, "You're not supposed to be in here," so she backed up and waited on the steps. I gave her the egg and she walked off with it in her mouth.

Maybe it was a good omen.

Uisge Beatha 08-04-2007 03:42 PM

Foxes, both of you? I don't know if that's a good omen, but it's pretty darned cool. The most exotic we get around here is a raccoon - whoopee. :neutral: