The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DucksNuts 08-18-2007 10:29 PM

New laptop :D

oh and a new fella

skysidhe 08-18-2007 10:37 PM

one out of two warrantys aint bad :)

bluecuracao 08-18-2007 10:40 PM

Hey, you can always trade either one in for a better model.

JuancoRocks 08-19-2007 12:02 AM

What's making you happy today?

Nana's 84th Birthday party was today.......

Yes...That's a carrotcake birthday cake...(Nana's recipe)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...thday84th8.jpg

Elspode 08-19-2007 12:34 AM

Rock on, Nana!

My happiness today derives from great date last night, nice day with Selene today. Finally saw HPatOotP...IMAX 3D. Was a bit disappointed to find that there was only 10 minutes of 3D in the whole damn movie, but it was a very fine 10 minutes, and the film was quite good.

freshnesschronic 08-20-2007 01:41 AM

In about 10 hours I am moving into my first house with 4 of my friends and tonight I spent the evening with my girlfriend and friends showing them around the campus at U of I. College is awesome.

DanaC 08-20-2007 05:37 AM

Yesterday evening I went out for drinks with the gang. My ex, J, was comin straight from work, so he joined us later. So, me and threee friends (D, M, and the other J, who is going out with my ex-J) were sitting at a table in a tapas bar chatting and laughing and ordering a few bits of food, waiting for J to join us. It was a table for four, but with a fifth chair added to the end of the table. I was sat at the outside seat next to the extra chair, and my female friend J, was sat near the wall.

When we saw male J arriving, J (fem)got up and went to meet him at the door, and I quickly shuffled over and swapped seats so that she'd be on the outside seat, next to J (male). Wasn't a big deal, just a little strategic reseating:P

When the two of em came back to the table and sat down, she leaned over to me and whispered "thanks chick," then did a little laugh and said "I'm just a little bit in love".

I'm so happy that they're together. They're so well suited to each other. I've seen them both messed around by people over the last three or four years, so it's wonderful to feel like they're both 'safe'. *smiles*

So we sat there drinking and eating and chatting. Five good friends. Two of whom have recently returned from a 5 day break in Prague and seem to glow with new love. Three of us trying not to laugh when they get distracted from the conversation by each other :P We had a really good laugh. Though we did get a bit loud.

I've woken up this morning feeling pretty groovy. I don't mind that me and D will only ever be friends. I can live with that, I love his friendship and company. I am delighted that the two Js are so happy. Most of all I am pleased as punch, that I can spend an evening in a tapas bar with such good friends and in such easy company.

That's about it really ;)

Cloud 08-20-2007 01:47 PM

I frivolously spent money over the weekend.

I bought myself a Light Wedge--it fits right in the book for reading--pretty cool.

I bought myself some Toilet Ink--the "Mom" one, and am gonna re-do the powder room with body art stuff.

I bought myself an electric garlic roaster which isn't as frivolous as it sounds, 'cause roasted garlic is yummy, good for you, and a pain to cook, as well as heating my house in 100 degree heat.

I also bought lube -- but that's not frivolous, that's a staple! :)

smurfalicious 08-20-2007 02:55 PM

• new roof/flatdeck repaired in time for the height of hurricane season
  • house is no longer pink and looks awesome
  • new a/c so it's no longer 83 degrees at 11:00pm
  • plants all rehung/put back on the porch and finally OUT OF MY LIVING ROOM
  • truck/bedroom/outdoor furniture steam cleaned and detailed
  • cat banished outdoors, therefore no more incessant moaning and scratching at bedroom door ALL.NIGHT.LONG.
  • falling down the stairs resulted in only minor soft tissue injuries AND I didn't break the telescope I was carrying
  • and last but definitely not least... I gots me a damn good man

Shawnee123 08-20-2007 04:46 PM

Friends who care about me in spite of me.

lumberjim 08-20-2007 05:11 PM

Cloud: the light wedge: it goes behind the page? does it work well? don;t the letters on the other side obscure the front side text?

kerosene 08-20-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfalicious (Post 376719)
  • cat banished outdoors, therefore no more incessant moaning and scratching at bedroom door ALL.NIGHT.LONG.

I have had this problem before. What finally worked for us was a plastic rolly chair mat turned upside down in front of the door.

Cloud 08-20-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 376746)
Cloud: the light wedge: it goes behind the page? does it work well? don;t the letters on the other side obscure the front side text?

It goes on top of the page. You look through the acrylic sheet to the page. It seems to work pretty well; I think they're prone to scratching, so you are supposed to keep them stored in a book or in a case.

smurfalicious 08-20-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case (Post 376747)
a plastic rolly chair mat turned upside down in front of the door.

nice! much better idea than The Man's. He refused to scold the cat, or wake me up to scold the cat, so he took various household items and piled them in front of the door: chair, ironing board, rolling suitcase, stereo speaker, trashcan, pillow... I got up in the middle of the night to piss and saw the pile of crap and thought fuck my bladder, not attempting to step over all that.

DucksNuts 08-22-2007 07:39 PM

An interesting mix of cold and flu medication

:fumette: