The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Aliantha 12-10-2012 10:02 PM

and here it is so far

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 42064

BigV 12-10-2012 11:36 PM

ooo yummy

DanaC 12-11-2012 03:54 AM

Love that Michelle Shocked song. Loved that whole album.

Sundae 12-11-2012 09:15 AM

Got two Cellar Christmas cards AND some goodies.

orthodoc 12-12-2012 08:41 PM

I spent the day watching my oldest son get sworn in/called to the Bar at the Maryland Courts of Appeal. He's persevered and overcome so many challenges ... my heart was so full, watching him take the oath, it almost hurt. Later we wandered around Annapolis, which I've never seen, and browsed a great spice shop - they had the most amazing spice blends, and all sorts of salt - Cyprus flake, black lava salt, big blocks of pink Himalayan, chardonnay smoked salt, salt with lavender and cardamom, and black truffle salt. And we found an Irish store with real Christmas crackers!! (I can never find them in PA.) And Christmas pudding with brandy butter! And real mincemeat! And Christmas cake!!

(In my family, it isn't Christmas without Christmas crackers. All the years I did the Ukrainian twelve-dish dinner, I still had Christmas crackers. You have to wear the little paper hats (for at least one photo) and take turns reading the jokes on the slips of paper while the turkey gets cold, or it just isn't Christmas. :p:)

It was a great day, a once in a lifetime sort of day.

BigV 12-12-2012 09:04 PM

:applause:

:congrats:

xoxoxoBruce 12-13-2012 01:09 AM

Hell, I've never even heard of most of those salts. :mg:
Congrats on the boy passing the bar.

ZenGum 12-13-2012 02:11 AM

It takes a special kind of salt to make a man pass a bar.

limey 12-13-2012 03:48 AM

Fantastic, Ortho! What a great day, what great memories to have! And you're right about the crackers! Mr Limey and I have crackers with our Christmas dinner even though there's just the two of us!

Sent by thought transference.

Griff 12-13-2012 05:40 AM

Congrats!

Trilby 12-13-2012 08:53 AM

Sunshine today AND tomorrow!

footfootfoot 12-13-2012 09:34 AM

Sounds like a wonderful and happy day, Ortho. Congrats to both of you.

Nirvana 12-13-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

I still had Christmas crackers. You have to wear the little paper hats (for at least one photo) and take turns reading the jokes on the slips of paper while the turkey gets cold, or it just isn't Christmas. )
Congrats on your son you must be so proud! :) Always have the crackers with their bad jokes and fun prizes.

Chocolatl 12-13-2012 10:58 AM

Congrats to your son, ortho! You sound so proud. :)

zippyt 12-13-2012 03:04 PM

Oh God !!! Another Shark in the water !!!
JK Ortho , congrats to your son !!!

Whats makeing ME Happy you ask ??

Free lunch at a Plant I was checking scales at !!!
I was just getting finished checking scale and the Quality Lady asked
" Are you going to have lunch with us today ??"
" Ughh Whats for lunch ?? "
"Pork ( I start knodding my head ) Steaks ( I Knodd faster )"

They had Grand paw behind the plant with his smoker fixing pork steaks , and Grand maw had fixed Beans and slaw and MANY baked goods !!!
No I dont know who's grand parents they were , i just know they seemed Pleased when I complimented they on the food !
It was KILLLLLLER , oh and Grannys Brownies were OUT STANDING !!!!!