The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 09-13-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 483707)
Glad to hear it, SG! Are the houses still convenient to your jobs?

I can't afford any of the places advertised in Greenwich, but the two I'm interested in could probably be done by walking, and definitely by bus. I would have to look for a second job closer to where I live though, perhaps a weekend job.

No replies to my replies yet. But I have hope, because both of them offered me a viewing with their last contact, so they are serious.

LabRat 09-15-2008 11:44 AM

We moved Red into his brand spanking new office this weekend. It is 3X the size of his old one. It has two separate offices off the main room. One he could sublet to someone if he wanted, but his goal is to be able to hire someone to sell part-time for him in the not so distant future.

It looks so professional and official. Congrats babe!!!

Clodfobble 09-15-2008 06:37 PM

Another chunk of clothes got to move back out of storage today! I still can't get into my tiniest of tiny baby-tees, but almost everything fits again.

Sundae 09-16-2008 06:10 AM

I have a viewing tonight, one tomorrow and am trying to arrange one for Friday.

And I finally gave up on my eco ways and bought blacklight fly killers for the kitchen and my desk.
Damn flies have been bugging the life out of me this summer.
Yes I know it will cool down now and there will be less of them, but I couldn't take it any more.
In fact I am sat here in my t-shirt and the weather is lovely and cool and making me happy (moaning colleagues notwithstanding)

Aaaaaah - fly free spaces, lovely!
Yay to electric fly killers and yay to the coming of Autumn!

Aliantha 09-16-2008 05:14 PM

My first antenatal visit

Griff 09-16-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 484457)
I have a viewing tonight, one tomorrow and am trying to arrange one for Friday.

Around here a "viewing" happens at the funeral home... :)

Little kids made me happy today, quirky little buggers.

monster 09-16-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 484632)
Around here a "viewing" happens at the funeral home... :)

that was my thought too :lol: been here too long, evidently. They don't do that sort of viewing much in the UK. And they wouldn't call it a viewing -that's a little ...voyeuristic?

Spent all day working on setting up the scrip fundraiser for the new school year and getting the first (huge) order done, so I'm content. I did a good job, improved it from last year and so it should be plain sailing this year, I hope. I raised $22.4K in the end -I was aiming for $25K, but it's still a significant increase on the $19.2K from the year before. I've earned my beer tonight.

SteveDallas 09-16-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 484633)
that was my thought too :lol: been here too long, evidently. They don't do that sort of viewing much in the UK. And they wouldn't call it a viewing -that's a little ...voyeuristic?

We went to the funeral of a member of our church a couple years back. The "viewing" was no only open casket, but there was a nice little kneeler there by the casket. My wife said something about how creepy it was, and she was a bit surprised when I told her open caskets are the norm in my family. (We don't go in for kneelers, though.. I think in general that's more of a Catholic thing.)

morethanpretty 09-16-2008 10:22 PM

I have balls! OK...Not in the literal sense.

I have metaphorical balls!

There is this really cute girl in my tennis class I've had a crush on since day one. Today we were talking after class about, well I don't remember. For some reason I let slip that I had a crush on her, and then I figured, "Well, damn, I already look like an ass." So I asked her out. She said yes! I'm excited, we set the day for Sun. We're gonna do something fun and then go to a Pride Parade. Which I'm sure will also be fun.

Sundae 09-17-2008 05:20 AM

Yay to balls MTP. Pleased to hear you took a chance and it worked out, she'd be mad not to of course.

I saw the house yesterday, no corpses.
It's small, but it is larger than the one I shared with HM.
It's spotlessly clean. Everything works and nothing needs repairing - a plus on HM's house.
It's not in a nice area, but as I think I mentioned, I know the area very well as it's the road my ex lived in for about 5 years.
It's about 35-45 minutes to work. Most of that is waiting for buses. A Travelcard would be £15.60 a week, which would cover a bus to Canning Town, Tube to North Greenwich and a bus from there to work. However I could cut this down to £10 if I walked to and from both stations and only got the Tube.
All bills are included except phone - which I barely use - and they have wireless broadband.
The household is one Peruvian lady in her forties, and her youngest son (10-12?) so no musicians dropping by at 02.00-04.00 Monday morning and no drunken landlord climbing in my skylight because he forgot his keys and decided this was more sensible than knocking on the door.

I'm going to say yes.
Wish me luck.

limey 09-17-2008 06:52 AM

SG that seems like a really great deal! Go for it (fingers crossed of course). Are they ok with the cat? Best of luck (and with getting him out from under the floorboards!).

monster 09-17-2008 06:54 AM

Good Luck

Sundae 09-17-2008 07:05 AM

Her elder son (who lives separately) has two cats and the younger son adores them and has been badgering his Mum for a cat since they moved in. They are both animal lovers, so we should be okay. I have even mentioned that Diz can be attention seeking and it didn't seem to be a concern.

I've sent the elder son (who I've been dealing with) an email saying I want to move in and asking what the next step is.

I'm going home after my meeting at 15.00 to see if Diz has surfaced. Poor baby.

If you want to see the area, the postcode is E13 9LG - check it out on Birds Eye facing East.
The big orange block is where my ex lived, my potential house is facing it on Jedburgh Road, about 8 along.
Sorry - have never been able to screen print!

glatt 09-17-2008 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is your new house somewhere in this picture? I couldn't really understand your description.

Sundae 09-17-2008 07:57 AM

Thanks, Glatt.
It's one of the houses along Jedburgh Road, yes. I won't be more precise until I know if I'm going to live there :)

The building I described as orange (where my ex lived) is in fact only orange in the part you can't see - it's beige in this picture.