The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

glatt 08-01-2012 01:38 PM

That's great! I was just looking at the pictures and you look like you had a great time.

Aliantha 08-02-2012 10:31 PM

Tonight is the last round of footy for the season. I love watching the boys play, but being manager of the team sucks balls, specially since the kids are in the oldest junior div at the club and all the parents are sick of volunteering so sit on their arses and avoid helping out as much as possible!

Not doing it next year if my boys even play. They're both contemplating giving it a miss because they think their time would be better spent studying. As a parent, I have been happy to hear this.

Razzmatazz13 08-02-2012 10:58 PM

I got my stitches out! Woo! Now if my finger would only heal up so I could type without issue..

ZenGum 08-03-2012 08:56 AM

What did you do to your finger, Razz?

We need to know so we can not be sorry about it. ;)

zippyt 08-03-2012 01:51 PM

Camping and float trip with all the guys from the shop ,
Too muck food, booze , hopefully drunk semi naked Bikini girls ( LOOOOOTS of beads to pass out ) !!!!!!!!!
Ill try and get pics and the such , but the general feeling is what happens on the river STAYS on the river !!

Zippyt OUT !!!!!!!!

Clodfobble 08-04-2012 08:30 PM

On vacation at the beach, same place as last year, courtesy of my mom. The condo ain't luxurious (last year we had to repair a major part of the fridge interior with duct tape, and a year later our duct tape creativity is still there... but they did improve the broken bed frame, in that what used to be propped up with books is now held up with a few pieces of two by four.) But it's awesomely relaxing and that's all that matters. Mr. Clod and my stepdaughter are doing all the cooking, except for the two little ones, and my mother and mother-in-law keep doing all the cleaning, and the hammock on the porch is perfect.

Razzmatazz13 08-04-2012 09:56 PM

Zen, I have terrible clumsy luck. I was getting knives out of the dishwasher (without pulling the bottom drawer fully out) and as I was lifting my arm up they caught on the dishwasher which made the steak knife come to an abrupt stop while my hand continued to move along it. It wasn't SUPER deep (can still move my finger thankfully) but since it was a serrated knife and it cut right on a joint they stitched it so I wouldn't keep breaking open the scabs.

BUT after getting the local I couldn't straighten it the whole way for the girl to stitch it so it healed partially bent. I have to stretch it verrryyyy slowly back to normal function which is why it hurts to type...I can't straighten it enough to use the top row of keys yet.

ZenGum 08-04-2012 11:20 PM

Razz ... thanks for the story, but we're not sorry about ur fingr. ;)

Razzmatazz13 08-04-2012 11:23 PM

It's ok my husband wasn't sorry either. After the bleeding stopped he kept laughing:rolleyes:

Gravdigr 08-05-2012 12:29 PM

Aspirin and water, lots of water.

I'm not quite happy yet, but, I'm getting there.

:D

Sundae 08-06-2012 02:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have realised (again) how horribly remiss I've been in posting pics of presents received.
I do not deserve ever to receive any more ever.
So just cold hard cash in future.

No, I do feel bad, because each was chosen with care and say as much about the sender as they do about me as a recipient.

First from Ms Lola.
A teeny tiny torch.
Now she let me know what it was, because she hoped I might be able to use it on the Midnight Walk. The post let us down though.
When it arrived I admit I goggled at it. I don't know if this is a common item in the US, but I have never seen such a tiny torch with such a strong light.

I had a "credit card" torch - more or less the size & shape of a credit card, funnily enough - but you had to apply pressure for light and it was dim, like seeing things underwater. It did me well for about 2 years until the battery went, for looking in my bag for keys and all that.

Beside my bed I have a kinetic torch (a panda, in Sarge's honour) so I never have to worry about finding a battery has run out if I wake up during a power cut. They come in the mornings, believe me. But again, it does not have a powerful light - enough to read by (just) or avoid the cat by, but not to make light.

So this little powerhouse has blown me away. It lives in a zip up pocket in my bag that I previously had no use for. That way I know where it is. It's already been called on to find balls, paperwork, check under and over and all that. But I see it coming into it's own if I am in need of proper room-lighting. I could send an SOS to a helicopter with this baby.

Thanks chick - it's very like you :)

Sundae 08-06-2012 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a lovely set of yummies from Clod.
Will you believe I have not eaten the bars yet?
I think I'm saving them for something special, but I'm not sure what.

For those who don't recognise the brand, they are gluten-free, Kosher, free from all artificial of colourings, additives, and preservatives and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. I except they do taste good though, given the sender!

Mum had her beady eye on them when they arrived. NO. They are currently living in the top part of my wardrobe (where I keep some dry cake ingredients/ pans etc to stop Dad moaning that I have taken over all the cupboards).

As well as these I have a silicone mould for making cake pops and sticks to go with them.
These I am definitely saving during the school holidays. I will start practising before I go back, so I can present them with something accomplished :)

Thank you darling. Sweet treats for me and others.

Clodfobble 08-06-2012 10:22 PM

Larabars are awesome, I do hope you like them. I buy them by the box and keep a minimum of two in my purse at all times. They have about a dozen different flavors, but truth be told I don't love all of them, only about half. So if you do hate them, there's still a chance we just have opposite tastes and you might like one of the kinds I don't like. :)

Sundae 08-07-2012 03:24 PM

I've researched.
Some have peanut butter or banana in them.
You can keep those, even when the end times come.

I will post a full taste-review before that, I promise.

Lola Bunny 08-15-2012 07:01 PM

I'm sorry that I missed your post. So glad that you like it and found some use for it. Some of my gfs outright opposed the idea of receiving a flashlight from me, so I decided to impose it on you, hehe. I didn't realize I could pick the color of the light until the order has been processed and shipped, otherwise I would've picked the pink one for you.