The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Gravdigr 03-08-2014 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46989

monster 03-08-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carruthers (Post 894231)
I trimmed the Buddleia this afternoon. Loathing gardening as I do, it isn't the actual pruning that makes me happy, it is the fact that it marks the end of winter as far as I am concerned. The 'Butterfly Bush' as it is sometimes known, benefits from a fierce cutting back that verges on the brutal but it pays dividends in the long run. By early July it will be a mass of blooms that will, with a bit of luck, be covered in butterflies.
For what it's worth, here are the before and after shots. Don't say you weren't warned.

Mine's still buried under 20 feet of snow. But the temperature crept above freezing today. Drove with the windows down :)

Carruthers 03-09-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Mine's still buried under 20 feet of snow. But the temperature crept above freezing today. Drove with the windows down
We were fortunate yesterday, the temperature was up to about 60F.
It's the first half decent day for months and there's a high pressure area building nicely that should keep things fairly warm for the next week or so.

Let joy be unconfined!

Sundae 03-09-2014 08:55 AM

The big burny thing in the sky is scaring me.

Jaydaan 03-10-2014 12:11 PM

Well many ups and downs in the world of me.. but Even though my dream job ended up being a nightmare, and I am no longer employed, and I am still waiting for a date for my MRI on my hip... I feel things are about to look up.

***WARNING this is a rambling mess of information, and might not even make sense to most :) ***

Really good news on the family part...

My daughter is 24, she has a 6 1/2 year old daughter herself. I was not allowed to raise my daughter, and in fact have only seen her a total of 25 days in 23 years! We talk on the phone, and on Facebook almost daily the past few years, and I have always thought us to be as close as possible, considering we live 3000 miles apart. I have never met my grand daughter.

Ok back story is done, the depressing crap is done.. on with the news!
So last week I get a phone call, and it is my daughter. Her boyfriend left her & did it by skype one night as he is in the military and not home all the time... in fact HAD been home that weekend, and broke up with her on the Tuesday. ( to me this was not a suprise, I have been expecting this for many months in fact) Since she lived with his family, they were expecting her and her daughter to move out... well now. She hasn't been happy for quite a while, and while she still loves her Grandmother ( the woman who took her from me years ago) she has decided it is time to do what makes her happy, and what is right for her, and her daughter. So she called to ask if she could come out here. Not for a visit, to MOVE OUT HERE and start over! I talked it over with my husband of 20 years, who she has talked to but never met, and told her we would re-arrange our house, and by all means she could move out here. We expected this all to happen this summer. So then I get a picture sent to me... it is her plane tickets. MARCH 19! I will have my daughter, and my grand daughter here in 9 days.

I am so very excited.. and nervous. I am not used to having kids in the house all the time, and having 2 more bodies around... eeeek. On the other hand, great timing, as I am eventually going to have surgery and having someone else here that can help us out with the simple things, like cooking, looking after the dogs, and that sort of thing, is a good thing.

On the other grand child news front: My little grand daughter who was shaken last summer by her father ( my oldest son- the one who was my problem child) was taken by social services until the investigation was finished. As of last week she is now back in the full custody of her birth mom, and while I might not see her as often as I was before the incident, I am able to see my little miss :) Her 1st birthday party is March 28, and I will be able to take her cousin and aunt with me :)

Court is not for a few months yet, so we have no idea what will happen to my son, but at least the baby is doing well. She is trying to walk and talk, and smiles. all things we were not sure was going to happen. She had a brain bleed, and had emergency surgery and told us she might not had the functions she would have had before. So far, she seems to doing ok :) so not as much brain damage as first thought! This is very very good news!

So I guess I could have just said: I get to see and know both my grand daughters afterall! Something I was not sure I was going to be able to do with either of them, for very different reasons.

xoxoxoBruce 03-10-2014 12:56 PM

Why 9 days, I though they were moving?

Jaydaan 03-10-2014 03:04 PM

They are moving here... in 9 days :) flight arrives in Kelowna March 19th at 2:30. Then, the come live with my hubby and I until they find a place of their own here in town :)

Gravdigr 03-10-2014 03:12 PM

Sounds like great news. Hope everything goes well!

BigV 03-10-2014 05:41 PM

wow, tha's a lot of news, and congratulations!!!

Griff 03-10-2014 06:11 PM

Seriously, congrats!

monster 03-10-2014 06:22 PM

Wow, big changes and great news Yay! :D

lumberjim 03-11-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 893685)
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hbogameofthr...ame-of-thrones

You got: You’d be mauled by a direwolf!
You’re easily agitated and consider yourself a loner. Most people would describe you as grumpy, and you’d describe most people as stupid. While you might be right, you often miss out on life due to your attitude. Such a disposition makes you great fodder for an angry direwolf.

Dragon fire.

DanaC 03-11-2014 01:32 PM

Ha!

Quote:

You got: You’d fall through the Moon Door!

You’re tough, but not as tough as you think. Your best trait is your loyalty, not your strength — you’d do well to rely more on your friends. This miscalculation is enough to send you straight through the Moon Door.

DanaC 03-11-2014 01:34 PM

@ Jaydaan: so good things do come to those who wait :)

Glad you'll have your girl, and your grandbabies nearby.

Sundae 03-11-2014 03:22 PM

We can fall through the moon door together in that case Dana.
Although that sounds suspiciously like we're on the bus to Hebden Bridge...