The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Lamplighter 10-21-2010 10:06 AM

Shawnee. I've always been a dog-person.
If it's in a paper bag, I don't look for the opening to reach in and get it.
I just grab the bag in my teeth and shake like hell til everything comes out.

It's a lot more fun to have some silliness in daily life.
So I post on The Cellar :D

HungLikeJesus 10-22-2010 09:29 AM

Hey lookout, I was wondering how you've been.

Shawnee123 10-22-2010 10:29 AM

Band of Brothers!

DanaC 10-22-2010 12:16 PM

I had my teacher-observation today! This was the fourth class in the course, and this is the first course I've taught at this level.

It went really well!

Here's what my observer had to say about the class:

Quote:

This was an interesting and stimulating class, which I enjoyed. The session was well-structured. The students were engaged, and nearly all of them took a full part in the discussion; and that discussion was purposeful. The tutor began with about fifteen minutes discussing the chapter set for the week from the set text (Kathleen Wilson, The Island Race. Englishness, Empire and Gender in the Eighteenth Century); then she turned to the book review exercise that the students have to deliver in week 6. The students examined two sample reviews of the set text, and then two reviews of another work, and were encouraged to critique these, and to use them to think about the function and purpose of a book review. This was a very worthwhile exercise, and the students were encouraged to consider such issues as an author’s viewpoint and agenda, use of source material, comprehensiveness and relation to other authors in a historiographical tradition. The students were guided to relate these issues both to the set text and to historical studies in general. There was a pause for discussion among sub-groups, which worked well, not least in stimulating one or two of the more reticent members of the class to contribute, but at no point did the general discussion flag. The tutor was throughout patient and encouraging.

In short, this was an excellent class, stimulating the students but retaining intellectual rigour. This was all the more commendable since the class was held in a rather horrid room [Social Studies 11.15], with the early minutes disrupted by the sound of a vacuum cleaner being used in the corridor outside, and the room becoming hot and airless in the later stages of the class.

I am overjoyed. It couldn't have gone better. 90% of that was the group :P They're a lovely bunch of students: really engaged and enthusiastic; constantly surprising me with what how much they bring from their reading. They made me look good *smiles* and I will be thanking them for it next week lol.

limey 10-22-2010 01:21 PM

No, Dana, you've just go to face up to it. You're F A B FAB!

Lamplighter 10-22-2010 01:36 PM

Dana, I'm very impressed !
It's OK for you to be proud of yourself.

Shawnee123 10-22-2010 01:39 PM

Awesome, Dana!

Me? I'm going to a Gala. A Regatta Gala. Biff is picking me up in the Rolls and we're jetting to Montego Bay for the Yacht Club's annual regatta gala. Muffy says there will be a clambake, and of course a festive ball.

We love Regatta Galas! Only, there is always to much sand. Poo-poo hmmph.

xoxoxoBruce 10-22-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

There was a pause for discussion among sub-groups, which worked well, not least in stimulating one or two of the more reticent members of the class to contribute, but at no point did the general discussion flag. The tutor was throughout patient and encouraging.

In short, this was an excellent class, stimulating the students but retaining intellectual rigour. This was all the more commendable since the class was held in a rather horrid room [Social Studies 11.15], with the early minutes disrupted by the sound of a vacuum cleaner being used in the corridor outside, and the room becoming hot and airless in the later stages
You're a sex therapist? :eek:

Seriously, I'm not surprised. You've alway shown a passion for sharing your knowledge, a willingness to honestly examine new slants on what you believe, and 6.5 years of Cellar training, dealing with idjits. :thumb:

HungLikeJesus 10-23-2010 09:29 AM

There are no idjits in the Cellar, are there?

morethanpretty 10-23-2010 08:06 PM

I put in my petition for my associates degree. I will officially have finish a degree by the end of this semester!

Now, just for the next step...whatever that will be. Maybe I'll become a stripper.

Nirvana 10-23-2010 10:39 PM

You go girl! Stripper? Well it worked for me but I owned the business. Psych /social work would not pay my bills. I think you have better things ahead of you. :)

Lamplighter 10-24-2010 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's our first rain of the season and is a major storm...
Radar images have been changing all night with wind and rain.

Here's a link to get current radar and a lot of other weather info

Crimson Ghost 10-24-2010 08:26 AM

Yesterday (10/23) The Wife and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.

xoxoxoBruce 10-24-2010 09:11 AM

Condolences. :haha:

Crimson Ghost 10-24-2010 09:54 AM

Thanks.