The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Griff 03-28-2013 08:54 PM

This raccoon business reminds me of a horrible story from my childhood which doesn't belong in the happy thread.

Anywho, spring vacation w00t!

Jaydaan 03-28-2013 09:19 PM

My Ganddaughter was born this morning, and I got a cuddle when she was 3 hours old! After Months of fighting with my son, he got hurt a week before the baby was born. Could have died, got REALLY lucky. Made him think about the family he has. She was going to be induced April 3, but my son always said she would be born on a full moon. Our little Wiccan princess was in fact born during a full moon!
I was invited up to see him in the hospital last week, and then was TOLD to come up and meet my granddaughter today :)
She is perfect. 6lbs even. Her name is Jadeyn Elizabeth. Her name is in honour of the daughter I lost at the 18 week mark, 18 years ago (Jaydan)

I have pictures, but can never remember how to make them work on here ... lol

footfootfoot 03-28-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 858697)
This raccoon business reminds me of a horrible story from my childhood which doesn't belong in the happy thread.

Anywho, spring vacation w00t!

OMG did you hear the Halloween This American Life show with the Raccoon?

Jaydaan, that is a wonderful sea change to what sounded like a pretty rotten winter. I'm so glad!

Jaydaan 03-28-2013 09:28 PM

Oh look, I figured it out...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
The albums should be public now

Nirvana 03-28-2013 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Raccoon may have distemper [most likely] they are nocturnal and not at all friendly unless they are sick or retarded.

This is making me happy a nice heifer calf and her Mom with their eyes all aglow!:)

Attachment 43491

Nirvana 03-28-2013 09:52 PM

Congratulations Jaydaan err Grandma! :D { I can't see the pix ]

DanaC 03-29-2013 03:58 AM

Congrats Jaydaan! How wonderful :)

Griff 03-29-2013 08:09 AM

Lil' Griff just got her first SAT scores back. Perfect score on the reading section and damn good on the math and writing. :cool: This is going to get expensive.

:edit She just looked up the average SAT scores to be accepted to a bunch of schools she has looked at. She meets that criteria for all. Haverford, Cornell, Vasser, Bard, Hamilton, and Welles. I'd assume her public choices were covered as well. *yikes*

Pete Zicato 03-29-2013 09:48 AM

Congrats to lil Griff. That's impressive.

xoxoxoBruce 03-29-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 858748)
This is going to get expensive.

See what happens when you encourage excellence. :haha:

Pete Zicato 03-29-2013 09:55 AM

What's she plan on studying? These days it makes no financial sense to send her to some high priced college to get a degree in medieval French literature.

orthodoc 03-29-2013 09:57 AM

Congrats li'l Griff! Way to go!
Unfortunately for you, Griff, yikes is right.

Griff 03-29-2013 09:57 AM

It'll be all worth it when she drops out Junior year to tour with her punk band.

Griff 03-29-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 858770)
What's she plan on studying? These days it makes no financial sense to send her to some high priced college to get a degree in medieval French literature.

Right now archeology is the draw. I keep turning her away from teaching but she like the idea of being a middle school teacher. She was interested in biology when she was younger but had one bad science teacher who turned her off. If she goes to a school that doesn't expect a declared major for a couple years I could see her reattach to science.

orthodoc 03-29-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 858772)
It'll be all worth it when she drops out Junior year to tour with her punk band.

Or if she drops out to clean office buildings at night. Yes, totally. :yelsick:

eta - to be fair, I should add that she's doing customer service for an online horse supplement company and mucking stalls in exchange for riding lessons. But she's ditched her plans to work for a national or international-level dressage stable or do equine rehab. The cleaning job is her main income.