The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Griff 05-04-2013 09:25 AM

Little Griff and her school mates doing Les Mis. Stripped down orchestra 4 pros +Lil' G really put the emphasis on the voices. It was wonderful.

footfootfoot 05-04-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana (Post 863597)
Go O! :D <-- Nirvana's O face.

;)

orthodoc 05-04-2013 02:37 PM

After Nirvana posted 'Fabulous O!' some time ago, I made that my work password for the next 90 days. It made me giggle to type it. ;)

Sundae 05-05-2013 07:48 AM

Long convo with Ali.
Talked to her two older sons and a girlfriend (not Ali's)

It helped. Anytime I talk to Dwellars it helps.
I might even eat now. Or chew at least.

Aliantha 05-05-2013 08:06 AM

:). Go on, stuff yourself. Hehe

infinite monkey 05-05-2013 08:43 AM

Spent yesterday going to IN for my future niece-in-law's (my oldest nephew's fiancee) graduation. she be a physician's asst. we all love her and are very proud. met her wonderful cat at her apt. went to dinner. it was a long day but very nice.

today is a big party for my youngest niece's 1st communion. more family! It will also be a good day.

as weird as it is i can already feel the relief of not having that sick to my stomach sunday night/monday morning torture. i find myself thinking of work that needs to be done, then remember it isn't my mess, or problem, anymore. that part is good.

footfootfoot 05-05-2013 09:08 AM

You could be a professional relative. Gotta figure out a way to get paid for these gigs.

Wasn't there a movie with some old lady who would crash weddings or funerals or something and insinuate herself into the families? Everyone just assumed she was someone's aunt or grandmother.

infinite monkey 05-05-2013 09:13 AM

i would be a great pro relative!

was it an old movie? can't place it.

footfootfoot 05-05-2013 09:18 AM

I have a picture of Angela Lansbury in my head. It was in color and I think it was either the 90s or late 80s.

It might have also been a subplot to another film.

infinite monkey 05-05-2013 09:36 AM

Harold and Maude? They both went to funerals, that's how they met.

Sundae 05-05-2013 10:25 AM

I woulda beena great funeral pro back in the day.

I had the chutzpah to take plastic food-saver boxes to any catered event.
If it wasn't nailed down I'd ask if I could take it. Flowers included. I knew from my catering work that that they were usually composted before they'd even wilted.

And at events where free drinks were limited, I targeted drivers/ teetotallers for their drinks tickets. That was before I had a real problem with alchofrolics; it was just about getting maximum benefit from the evening.

I'd be rubbish now though. No food. No drink witout guilt. I'd still sing, but that was always for free anyway.

You can come to my fun-eral, Infi.
In fact you're all invited. I mean all Dwellars, not suggesting IM has multiple personalities.
Just wear pink. And bring your own drink.
And try to give the 'rents a lickle bit of cash - planting daughters is surprisingly expensive, it turns out.

In this country you're not allowed to cook and eat us.
I can't even find a country where you can.

footfootfoot 05-05-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 864081)

In this country you're not allowed to cook and eat us.

Is that so? :eyebrow:

Sundae 05-05-2013 04:34 PM

It was the subject of many complaints actually.

In the same way some men are vehemently homophobic, but secretly more gay than an Easter Parade, I think the complainers really wished they could really eat their rellies.

Ocean's Edge 05-05-2013 04:46 PM

but I look truly hideous in pink

Sundae 05-06-2013 03:09 AM

CITE!