The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

glatt 04-16-2020 06:34 AM

The cutting time was about an hour and ten minutes.

But the set up with cameras and getting a mirror set up in the kitchen was probably an hour. And cleanup was maybe 15 minutes.

Watching YouTube tutorial videos was probably three hours or so.

Shopping online for the scissors and clippers I never bought, and then buying locally was something like three hours.

Editing the video took way longer than it should to get those huge files from the phones to the laptop. Maybe two hours?

You know how these things go. It was a project.

But yeah, a little over an hour.

xoxoxoBruce 04-16-2020 09:55 AM

If it's in front of your eyes or mouth cut it, otherwise fuck it. :p:

monster 04-16-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1051004)
If it's in front of your eyes or mouth cut it, otherwise fuck it. :p:

is this a Trump quote?

xoxoxoBruce 04-16-2020 01:20 PM

Nope, from the world according to Bruce.

BigV 04-16-2020 06:44 PM

I got a call from the resident social worker where my Mom lives. I'd sent my Mom a card for Easter and included a couple little treats inside. I sent it c/o the social worker, knowing that the social worker has a good relationship with my Mom and that the social worker also knows how to get and deliver mail, is ambulatory, etc. When the social worker, J, called me she told me she'd given the card I sent to my Mom, she was all smiles and hugged the card to her heart. This was before she'd even opened the card.

Anyhow J told me how happy it made her and how my Mom reached out to J for a hug, how happy she was. This makes me happy too. And a little wistful, it's been months now since I've seen my Mom. The place is on lockdown, has been for months (it seems, time's weird now). The phone sucks for my Mom since the stroke gave her aphasia as a nice little fuck you gift on the way out the door. *sigh*

Still it was nice to hear from a good person helping my Mom tell me how happy she was.

Yeah. Happy, we were talking about what makes us happy. :)

glatt 04-17-2020 06:16 PM

My son, the barber, just finished his application to request a gap year before enrolling in the University of Vermont.

I was worried it wouldn’t be approved, because with the uncertainty around Covid, literally every high school senior should be taking a gap year. But they responded within a couple hours approving his request.

He’s going to do forestry work at Philmont Scout Ranch in NM for most of the gap year. It’s perfect for him.

Clodfobble 04-17-2020 06:55 PM

Nice! So many people underestimate the value of work experience as a teen, plus you can't beat good clean outdoor work.

Griff 04-17-2020 09:06 PM

SMRT

BigV 04-18-2020 10:29 PM

SonofV has been cleared to return to work!

He is back on the schedule for Sunday morning, 9am. He has a serious case of cabin fever and being back at work will be much better overall, even factoring in the increased risk of exposure to the public.

Urbane Guerrilla 04-19-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1050942)
My hair doesn't grow evenly and it's starting to resemble a game of Whack-a-Mole with weird long bits suddenly popping up

I get some of that with my beard: the cheeks grow faster than the chin so after trimming towards a longish Sigmund Freud (gives my chin a sassy defiant jut) I start getting broader and rounder, fulfilling the Claus.

The wife and I may swap haircuts with our Wahl and its graduated rakes.

Griff 04-19-2020 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Productive afternoon.

Griff 04-19-2020 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

monster 04-19-2020 09:56 PM

That is beyond impressive to a foreign city-ish chick like me.

xoxoxoBruce 04-19-2020 11:43 PM

It's impressive for natives too, well done sir. :notworthy

BigV 04-20-2020 12:24 AM

That's some good wood, sir!

SonofV reported a successful return to work, albeit "odd".