The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rims (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24228)

xoxoxoBruce 01-25-2018 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Then how about a '40 Ford pick 'em up.

Or a hot sneaky Rambler.

Gravdigr 01-25-2018 11:35 PM

Beep beep, beep beep,
His horn went beep beep beep.

I hadn't thought of that song in ages.:p:

Carruthers 01-26-2018 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 62990

Quote:

A car with two front ends that can be driven in one direction and then in an instant driven in the reverse direction instead has gone on display in Indonesia.
Mechanic Roni Gunawan, 71, designed the vehicle.
All that tiresome reversing in and out of a parking space will now be a thing of the past. :thumb:

Link.

xoxoxoBruce 01-26-2018 08:58 AM

It doesn't appear to have 4 wheel steering so it must lock the trailing end... or it's dangerous as hell. :3_eyes:

Carruthers 01-26-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1002889)
It doesn't appear to have 4 wheel steering so it must lock the trailing end... or it's dangerous as hell. :3_eyes:

Yes, I assumed that the steering is appropriate to the direction of travel.
OTOH, it's from part of the world where road safety rules appear to be honoured more in the breach than the observance! :eek:

xoxoxoBruce 01-27-2018 11:45 PM

The British car industry...

Carruthers 01-28-2018 10:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1002999)
The British car industry...

Heavens! That's a blast from the past.

The British car industry has changed beyond all recognition over the last few decades.
Most of the familiar names from that era have disappeared through mergers, bankruptcies or 'rationalisation'.
The latter often being a euphemism for hostile takeover, asset stripping and removal of competition.

Cars are still produced in sizeable numbers in the UK but there isn't really any such thing as a British car manufacturer anymore.

Attachment 63003

Morgan is the only British owned and manufactured brand in the above group and Rolls Royce (ROLLS ROYCE!) is owned by BMW.

Ten British Car Brands… and Who Owns Them

Honda, Toyota and Nissan also have UK plants and export substantial numbers of cars.

ETA. Having watched the video it jogged my memory about the British Leyland plant at Cowley on the outskirts of Oxford.

Pressed Steel manufactured body shells in their factory on one side of the Oxford Eastern Bypass which were then moved across the road to BMC/BL for final assembly by means of a glass sided conveyor bridge.

I haven't passed that way in years so I thought I'd have a look at Street View.

The conveyor bridge has long since gone but BMW now produce the Mini on the old Pressed Steel site and a business park exists on the former BMC/BL site.

Attachment 63004

The Oxford Eastern Bypass with an Audi dealer on one side and the BMW Mini plant on the other. How times change.

Street View

One last edit. Rolls Royce cars and Rolls Royce Aero Engines are completely separate entities.

xoxoxoBruce 01-29-2018 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AMBR 2018...

Gravdigr 01-30-2018 05:35 PM

Purty car. Never really cared for Halibrands.

xoxoxoBruce 01-30-2018 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy worked as a development engineer for Oscar Mayer when Brooks Stevens designed the first wienermobile. Rumour has it he designed this car too.

xoxoxoBruce 01-31-2018 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hitlers parade car, seized by the US military the sold to Tom Austin, a tobacco planter from Greeneville, Tennessee.
It has changed hands a couple time with the current owner unknown.

glatt 02-01-2018 07:52 AM

Sometimes a beautiful thing will turn to shit simply because of who is associated with it.

Gravdigr 02-01-2018 02:24 PM

For some reason, I keep thinking it would be hilarious if there was a box of Man-Sized Kleenex (a la Freddie Mercury) in there.

Gravdigr 02-01-2018 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 63047

Gravdigr 02-03-2018 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Breaker one-nine, this here's The Duck...
Attachment 63104

Rubber Duck's (Kris Kristofferson's) Mack truck from the movie Convoy.

Quote:

You wanna slip that Micro-Bus in behind that suicide jockey? 10-4, he's hauling dynamite, he needs all the help he can get.