The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 09-23-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case (Post 486136)
Moving in less than a month! Well, the moving itself is not so fun, but where we are moving is amazing. We found a house much larger than our current 1000 sq ft. Plus, it includes a space that is separate from the house that I will be using for a group studio. Plus it is actually *in* the mountains, on 6 acres.

Don't be surprised if you see me in the other thread talking about bears. Does anyone know of a good dog breed to have around for deterring bears?

Case, you need a Karelian Bear Dog.

kerosene 09-23-2008 04:12 PM

My friend has a Newfoundland that she needs to find a new home for. She also lives near where we are moving. She says he scares them off for the most part. We are thinking of taking him, once we move.

I have considered a Karelian, but I don't know where I would find one of that breed.

Griff 09-23-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case (Post 486136)
Don't be surprised if you see me in the other thread talking about bears. Does anyone know of a good dog breed to have around for deterring bears?

Anatolian Shepard

Clodfobble 09-23-2008 06:41 PM

Oh man, we had an Anatolian Shepherd when I was a kid. Beautiful dog, and I don't even like dogs.

Sundae 09-24-2008 04:51 AM

I was offered a lift into work today, from a man who saw me limping out of the pub. He wasn't going my way, but it was the fact he asked which really made my morning. What a lovely thought.

Oh and one of the artists brought some Arnica in for me.

If I believed in Fate or God I'd think that perhaps this injury was meant to make me appreciate that there are wonderful people out there who will give and give and ask nothing in return. I don't, but the realisation is a positive one anyway.

ZenGum 09-24-2008 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dogs, schmogs. Get a cat!

Attachment 19515

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 07:59 AM

heehee, I'd forgotten about that picture.

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 12:20 PM

They (the college to which I applied) just called me back. I'm meeting with the Director on Friday.

OMG this is really happening????!!!!!!!!?????

I am FREAKING out!

bluecuracao 09-24-2008 12:28 PM

I'm not in a great mood today (not feeling well, house is a mess, payday can't come soon enough, etc., etc.), but a couple of cute things cheered me up, if only for the extent of my commute. A bunch of kids pulled up in a school bus while I was waiting for the SEPTA bus, and began smiling, frantically waving and yelling "HI!" So of course I had to smile and wave back. Later on, a little old lady nearly ran into my bus with her car, and didn't even notice. Another little old lady who was on the bus remarked, "I am elderly myself, I am 85 years old, and I know I shouldn't be driving. Some other elderly folks just don't know when to give it up!" :lol:

Clodfobble 09-24-2008 12:51 PM

Congratulations, Shawnee! You deserve to be appreciated for your skills!

SteveDallas 09-24-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 486536)
They (the college to which I applied) just called me back. I'm meeting with the Director on Friday.

I am FREAKING out!

Go for it!!!

You're freaking out now?? Just wait.. get the job... hand in your resignation.. and see what the reaction is. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out", or "Oh Shawnee we luuvvv you don't leave we can't manage without your." Either one will drive you straight up the wall.

classicman 09-24-2008 01:00 PM

Whoo Hoo! Great news

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 01:02 PM

The thing is: I used to love it here. I still love my cow orkers, and my boss is often like a big sister to me. 7 years ago, I feel like this job saved my life. It's going to be very hard to leave.

On the other hand, this is the rest of MY life, and I have to do what's best for me. As they keep piling more and more on, with no relief in sight, I pull away more and more. I've lost pride in my work, and I've lost the desire to do it at all. This is not like me. I love a good day's work. I've essentially given up, which makes me miserable, which makes me give up even more.

It's not just the money, for sure. It is almost as if the job were designed especially for me, and when I found out in the interview that it is a new position that will be fine-tuned as they ("we" perhaps) see how it evolves, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

I've sold myself short my entire life. At (almost) 44 years old, is it possible that I am empowered, that I finally feel that I have accomplished something very important for myself?

Yep, lots of introspection going to be happening in the next few days. ;)

Thanks for your well wishes, Dwellars.

glatt 09-24-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 486536)

I am FREAKING out!

Outstanding!!

kerosene 09-24-2008 02:18 PM

Blue, I love it when those kinds of things happen. (not the not being in a great mood part...the good stuff you said.)

Awesome, Shawnee! I had a dream I worked with you the other night, btw. Maybe this means I am getting a new job, too? I doubt it. :) But anyway, congratulations!