The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

chrisinhouston 05-20-2013 02:55 PM

I have that but every time I try to tighten the bolt more the crank shaft just turns. It's supposed to be torqued to 160 lbs, so I had seen on some youtube tutorials that they just put an impact wrench on it and spin it down fast.

morethanpretty 05-21-2013 05:06 PM

I got a job today!

BigV 05-21-2013 05:10 PM

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG MOAR!!!!!!!!!

orthodoc 05-21-2013 05:16 PM

Congratulations, MTP!!

Ocean's Edge 05-21-2013 05:17 PM

oh that is fabulous news!

BigV 05-21-2013 05:35 PM

hoping to have a substantive post here momentarily....

this is pre-happy. anticipatory happy.

Clodfobble 05-21-2013 05:39 PM

Hey mort, that's great news! What kind of job is it?

Making me happy today: Minifob got pulled off the waitlist and offered an official spot. Both my kids are going to the awesome charter school next year!!

BigV 05-21-2013 05:45 PM

Congratulations! What great news for Clan Fobble!

Having had children that went to different schools and that also went to the same school, I can tell you that two kids one school is waaaay better. In high school, BD's school played EldestSon's school in football. We went, of course. But we had to change sides of the stadium at halftime.

BigV 05-21-2013 05:56 PM

Here's what's making me happy today:

I'm going to Hanford!

Quote:

Registration Confirmation

CONGRATULATIONS - TOUR CONFIRMATION

Thank you!
Your reservation has been confirmed for the tour shown below. Please keep your confirmation number handy in case you need to change information about your tour party.
Contact Information: Confirmation Number:
V, Big
206-555-1212
BigV@gmail.com rQTB7s3M133094
Tour Information:
2013 Public Tour 11 : May 23, 2013 8:00 AM
Tour Participants: Registration Cutoff:
V, Big
May 22, 2013 12:00 PM
I've been seeking this white whale for over two years. There is a strictly limited number of tour seats available, and they go live for registration each year in March. I missed the opening time this year by misreading the time by four hours. By the time I figured out what happened, all the seats were booked. Totally, for the whole year's quota.

They do however, offer seats for cancellations. I get an email occasionally indicating that there are open seats. I have never been able to get, read and respond to the email in time for the seat to still be open. Until this morning. Seriously, it's been like trying to call the radio station for free concert tickets.

It will be a day trip for me, the Hanford Site is about two hundred and fifty miles from my house, (I'm guessing), so I'll leave in the middle of the night on Wednesday, arrive at 7:30, bright eyed and bushy tailed for the four hour tour.

I'm stoked! I should warn you all ahead of time, there are no phones or cameras allowed on the tour, subject to confiscation and immediate termination of the tour. So, I'm hoping it *will* happen, but there won't be any pictures. Maybe I'll get y'all a postcard.

If I get super lucky, I'll be able to bookend it with a tour of the B Reactor (cameras permitted there!).

IamSam 05-21-2013 06:31 PM

Wow! BigV is going to Occupy Hanford! We all want the special glow-in-the-dark key chains they sell in the gift shop. Well, I do, anyhow. Trade you for a ball bearing found in an uranium settling pond outside Naturita, CO.

All snarkiness aside, sounds like a fascinating tour that few get the opportunity to experience (probably for good reason).

sent via the rays emitted by a harmless isotope of strangelovian67 as it undergoes decomposition to a benign substance. Promise.

glatt 05-21-2013 06:53 PM

Awesome news, MTP and Clod! And BigV, if you're happy, I am happy for you!

infinite monkey 05-21-2013 08:13 PM

Angels do walk among us. I had a great conversation with C&F 1.0. she's really inspiring. :)

jimhelm 05-21-2013 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found my favorite hot dogs at my local wegmans!

Attachment 44114

Natural casing. They even have little bits of string separating them.

ZenGum 05-22-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 865737)
Angels do walk among us. I had a great conversation with C&F 1.0. she's really inspiring. :)

I'm behind on what C&F 1.0 means but I'm glad you're happy.

BigV, that's kinda cool but kinda mad.

squirell nutkin 05-22-2013 10:08 AM

In other news:

Remember that friend I spoke of?

Well, he's moved out to a temp. sublet and just had the first meeting with a mediator. The ball is rolling.