The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

bluecuracao 10-26-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 400193)
MB is cooking and the cat is missing......

Uh oh....

Oh cieling cat, forgive me...but dinner was so tasty.

Dana, I wonder if that freak practices in front of a mirror. ;)

DanaC 10-26-2007 07:40 PM

CG did you find the cat?

DanaC 10-26-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Dana, I wonder if that freak practices in front of a mirror.
hahah now there's an image. I'll bear that in mind next time he does that.

bluecuracao 10-26-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 400211)
CG did you find the cat?

He was talking about my cat, who did finally show up. MB fed me chicken, it turns out.

DanaC 10-26-2007 08:02 PM

ooooh. Sorry. I think I probably knew that and it got lost in my head.

monster 10-26-2007 08:32 PM

So Dana, forgive me for being slow, but what was the motion? to cast him out?

monster 10-26-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecuracao (Post 400222)
MB fed me chicken, it turns out.

What did it taste like? :lol:

DanaC 10-26-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

So Dana, forgive me for being slow, but what was the motion? to cast him out?
*chuckles* I wish :P No. In order to trigger a disciplinary process a formal complaint is lodged in writing to the secretary. He presents the complaint, and the request for discplinary action to be considered (all of which is included in the letter of complaint) to the executive, who vote on whether to recommend it to the general committee. They then instruct the executive to set up an investigating panel, who decide if they think there is a prima facie case to answer and make their recommendation back to the general committee (dizzy yet?). The general committee then votes whether to accept that recommendation and whether to refer the matter to the national body to hear the case. They then decide on whether to take disciplinary action (ranges from suspension to expulsion).

Its long and drawn out, but only the first few stages are within the local party (and therefore deeply partisan). Once it leaves and goes to national, you're effectively in a tribunal situation.

Tonight the vote was whether to accept the recommendation to set up an investigating panel.

monster 10-26-2007 08:47 PM

thanks, gotcha

DanaC 10-26-2007 08:49 PM

It's very complicated but it is designed to protect people from frivolous accusations. The idea is that it is fundamentally democratic. Democracy though can be a blunt tool, and very few people make decisions based solely on merit. I am in a sense using the system to get to this guy. I am doing so for good reason and I believe it is an honest complaint. But, it all comes down to numbers in the end. Right now the numbers are with me, they could just as easily not be and then the complaint woold never leave the local party.

monster 10-26-2007 08:53 PM

yeah, I understood that thanks -your explanation was very clear (and needs no editing ;) )

hurrah so far!

DanaC 10-26-2007 09:09 PM

*grins* much drinking was done after the meeting.

limey 10-27-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 400194)
wife

So glad to hear that, BigV.

DanaC 10-27-2007 12:07 PM

Yeah. I must have missed that. Was so damn hyped.

Good news BigV.

Sundae 10-27-2007 12:41 PM

Brilliant Dana. First and very important step taken. Sorry about the wasted breakfast though!

Like you say, the man is what he is and is bound to keep showing his true colours all the way through. You have done a brave and positive thing, taking a stand against something you know is wrong is risky but a positive thing to do.

Good luck for the future, keep us updated.