The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Psychopathy (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26982)

Spexxvet 03-02-2012 01:18 PM

Psychopathy

FYI:

From Wiki:
Quote:

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) is a personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for, or violation of, the rights of others. It is defined in different ways, but can involve a lack of empathy or remorse, false emotions, selfishness, grandiosity or deceptiveness; it can also involve impulsiveness, irritability, aggression, or inability to perceive danger and protect one's self.

infinite monkey 03-02-2012 01:24 PM

Sigh. Now what'd I do?

Seriously Spexx, what are you trying to tell us?

Spexxvet 03-02-2012 01:33 PM

Just tryin to edjumakate my friends.:)

xoxoxoBruce 03-02-2012 09:12 PM

Sounds like a catch-all for anyone that annoys you.

ZenGum 03-02-2012 09:33 PM

If you're serious, read Without Conscience by Robert Hare.

Griff 03-03-2012 06:21 AM

I assume Spexx is taunting Henry Quirk but that definition easily covers a lot of politicians and followers of all parties. Disregarding the rights of others is crucial to any true believer.

BigV 03-05-2012 11:49 AM

I agree with Griff on both points.

I've begun, refined and discarded numerous posts originally intended to respond to henry quirk's posts. I believe there's no point to it. He is extremely consistent, he sounds coherent, and he's apparently immune to the influence of the thoughts and ideas of others. Some of the things I began to write were challenges to his examples, some were rebuttals to his opinions, etc. I don't think he's open to persuasion, so I just keep to myself mostly in those kinds of conversations.

Let me be clear, I believe most of what he says is wrong, especially about the role of government, about the nature of society. I believe his position is inconsistent and contradictory. I also don't like the ideas he touts. I can tolerate a lot of dislike and discord. I don't need to be right all the time. I hope I'm not the smartest person I know. I like to be right when I can, of course. But I need to learn and that means finding out stuff I don't know already. But when I get new info of this kind, I compare it to other stuff I *do* already know, and if it's compatible, I'll add it to the sum of my knowledge. But if it's not, I consider it wrong. This is why I have turned my back on most of his political and sociological discussions.

Is he a psychopath? I don't know. Is he hard headed? Yeah, I think so. Are the ideas he holds forth anti-social. Yep. Sorry, henry quirk. It looks like we're not going to be very good neighbors.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 11:53 AM

No, there's no point in responding when you know you can't win, is there? I never expect that to change here.

You don't really know anything about him, do you? Any of you? Anyone? Buehler?

Now excuse me while I go start a thread about what a know it all __________ is, or what a pansy ___________ is, or what a snot __________ is, or what a liar ____________ is, or how goddam boring ___________ is, or what a phony attention whore __________ is.

I hope you all jump on board right away, or boy won't I look stupid?

jimhelm 03-05-2012 11:56 AM

oh, cool... that's like a Mad Lib!

but you tipped your hand! now people will cheat!

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 11:57 AM

Another thing, he hasn't said anything disrespectful to any of you. Yet you still act like butt-hurt babies because you know you will never, ever, win a battle of wits with him.

Grow up.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 799582)
oh, cool... that's like a Mad Lib!

but you tipped your hand! now people will cheat!

;)

None of them was you. You are none of those things.:D

BigV 03-05-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 799583)
Another thing, he hasn't said anything disrespectful to any of you. Yet you still act like butt-hurt babies because you know you will never, ever, win a battle of wits with him.

Grow up.

I am grown up.

I have said nothing disrespectful of him (or you for that matter) either. My point is that I disagree with his opinion, he's made it clear that he's unwilling to accept the other ideas in several discussions, so I believe we're done talking.

That's not butt hurt. That's saving my conversations for people who want to share ideas. Sharing's a give and take. He's all give, and no take.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 12:05 PM

:lol:

Another way of saying he dismissed your 'ideas' for whatever it was you were discussing, by offering his opinion on it and not budging when you offered what I'm sure was the most well thought out and persuasive argument ever.

You just can't take it. Yeah, it's butt hurt. Someone didn't bow down before the mighty BigV, and we can't have that. Someone might be more cleverer or smarter than the mighty BigV, and we can't have that.

So transparent.

Having said that, this thread is in poor form.

BigV 03-05-2012 12:07 PM

DOMFCOTH,ISN.

infinite monkey 03-05-2012 12:29 PM

WHATTHEFUCKDOESTHATMEAN, IDK.

BFF!

Sincerely,

Some 8th Grader