The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

xoxoxoBruce 08-18-2017 02:34 PM

You should get free beer for providing entertainment. ;)
But it seems to me that 3 to 7 days, and opening to closing, is a recipe for sclerosis.:yelsick: Take care of yourself, OK?

DanaC 08-18-2017 04:42 PM

What you said to that guy was a smart alec thing to say - but it wasn't a deadly insult, or affront to his honour - it was just a smart alec thing to say. He had the option of giving you the finger and then ignoring you. Instead he chose to swing his fists.

sexobon 08-18-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 994149)
... But it seems to me that 3 to 7 days, and opening to closing, is a recipe for sclerosis.:yelsick: Take care of yourself, OK?

Do you think his tissues are going to start hardening from sitting on a bar stool for too long?

Perhaps of greater concern would be liver cirrhosis.

xoxoxoBruce 08-18-2017 11:08 PM

That's what I said, but don spel gud. :haha:

BigV 08-19-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 994126)
snip--

It ain't just me, either, I've seen a lot of shit go, or almost go down there. And the other couple bars in town, too. It's like...shit happens in bars.

WHAT?

Why, I *never*!

Actually, I think I'd buy you the next beer or two for takin care of shit. *I* don't want to hear that crap either.

:beer:

Gravdigr 08-20-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 994157)
Instead he chose to swing his fists.

That wasn't the recent incident...We just got kinda loud that time.

Gravdigr 08-20-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 994149)
You should get free beer for providing entertainment. ;)
But it seems to me that 3 to 7 days, and opening to closing, is a recipe for sclerosis.:yelsick: Take care of yourself, OK?

Well, Monday thru Thursday they open at 4pm, and close at 9pm, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds. But thank you for caring enough to say something.:)

Griff 08-20-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 994125)

Once, ONCE, this guy was really loud, talking into his phone right next to me, cussing out his wife/girlfriend/mother/daughter, I don't remember what it was about, but I asked him "What'd she say?" after he paused his ranting, and then a minute laterI asked "What'd she think about that?". Dude told me to mind my own business, in those exact words. Then I responded with "Then quit hollering your business into my ear and all over the bar."

To be fair, that's some funny shit.

DanaC 08-20-2017 02:50 PM

I thought so.

Gravdigr 08-20-2017 03:23 PM

Dear pineapple, and squash:

GTFO of my stri-fry.

Fuck you very much,

Gravdigr

Clodfobble 09-01-2017 03:46 PM

Fucking fear-driven gas shortages. Not an actual shortage, but idiots thinking there will be one, assholes literally filling garbage cans full of gas in the back of their trucks. Half the stations out of gas, the others with a line 12 cars deep.

And I'm down to 1/8th of a tank.

I can pick the kids up from school with that, and stay at the house all weekend. But my stepson also arrives tonight, meaning I have to drive him back to Houston Monday night, which is a full tank's worth of gas all by itself.

monster 09-01-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 995065)
Fucking fear-driven gas shortages. Not an actual shortage, but idiots thinking there will be one, assholes literally filling garbage cans full of gas in the back of their trucks. Half the stations out of gas, the others with a line 12 cars deep.

And I'm down to 1/8th of a tank.

I can pick the kids up from school with that, and stay at the house all weekend. But my stepson also arrives tonight, meaning I have to drive him back to Houston Monday night, which is a full tank's worth of gas all by itself.

stick him on an inflatable and give him a push.

What?

Gravdigr 09-02-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 995065)
Fucking fear-driven gas shortages.

Our gas is up 47 cents/gallon.:thepain:

xoxoxoBruce 09-02-2017 10:31 PM

That 47 cents is just price gouging by the distributor, there’s no shortage. The Feds refused to release any of the strategic reserves because there is something like 332 million barrels of gasoline in the system. That’s 42 gallons per barrel. The reason for any shortages is people getting hyper and wanting to fill the tank when it’s ¾ full instead of ¼ full.

The 15 refineries shut down in Texas, including the nations largest the Saudi-owned Motiva plant, represent 25% of the nations refining capacity. They will be back up as soon as they can because it's lost money for them. Don't forget the reason they are located there, to ship crude in and refined out, including EXPORT. Not all the refined products stay in the US.

fargon 09-03-2017 05:51 AM

Fucking computers.