The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 12-31-2015 10:39 AM

Tell the judge you need more alimony. :haha:

xoxoxoBruce 12-31-2015 12:56 PM

;)If they ask you where you see yourself in 5 years, just say you don't have 2020 vision.

Gravdigr 12-31-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 950122)
;)If they ask you where you see yourself in 5 years, just say you don't have 2020 vision.

:lol2:

Gravdigr 12-31-2015 03:53 PM

What's making you happy today?

Little, muddy, kitty feetprints on the hood of Momdigr's car...:rolleyes:

Griff 01-02-2016 06:35 AM

I'm still buzzing from the New Years winter camping with the ladies.

glatt 01-02-2016 11:56 AM

Sounds cold.

What's your sleeping situation? Down winter bag? Liner? Sleep wear? Double wide bag with the wife or individual?

classicman 01-02-2016 12:36 PM

I leave for Cancun in a week. I got my airline tickets in the mail...still can't believe its really happening. So psyched.

classicman 01-02-2016 12:37 PM

Good to read the news Foot3...

Digr... need we ask for pics???

xoxoxoBruce 01-02-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 950269)
I leave for Cancun in a week. I got my airline tickets in the mail...still can't believe its really happening. So psyched.

What, are you crazy, didn't Trump say it's all criminals, druggies and father rapers, below the Rio Grand? :haha:

Gravdigr 01-02-2016 02:53 PM

All their benches are Group W benches down there.

Griff 01-02-2016 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 950266)
Sounds cold.

What's your sleeping situation? Down winter bag? Liner? Sleep wear? Double wide bag with the wife or individual?

My single Hollowfill winter bag which predates my 21 y.o. daughter, on a Coleman pad, smart wool socks, long johns under lycra, a winter hat, and a wool sweater. It was right cozy. The crucial thing is staying dry so over dressing and sweating would be a problem so the hat came off early.

footfootfoot 01-06-2016 01:22 PM

Got a call back and they want me to come in for a test drive.

w00t

glatt 01-06-2016 01:58 PM

Good news!

lumberjim 01-06-2016 03:13 PM

I found a window sticker for a 2001 Altima. It was 24k. 15 years later, it's still 24k.

fargon 01-06-2016 03:13 PM

Excellant

footfootfoot 01-07-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 950642)
I found a window sticker for a 2001 Altima. It was 24k. 15 years later, it's still 24k.

It's like most power tools, they are all about 159.00 and they have been for years

orthodoc 01-07-2016 07:13 PM

Congrats foot!

Glatt, your sister's climbing is awe-inspiring. It must be hard to go for weeks wondering how she's doing. Glad to hear all is well with her.

busterb 01-08-2016 01:38 AM

Grand daughter is suppose to visit today.

lumberjim 01-08-2016 09:29 PM

I hope she did. She's a nice kid.

busterb 01-08-2016 10:27 PM

Well she came and stayed about 3 hours. We had a nice time. She help me with a few chores and we looked at old photos. Talked about family history. Send my sis a b-day card.
Just a good day. Of course I had sent her an Email, stating that x-mas was about to expire. Be warned! :lol:

busterb 01-09-2016 12:29 PM

While I'm the last post, I pitch this out.
've been accepted to Ole Miss, Belhaven and William Carey for the fall.. Now to decide where to go.

Clodfobble 01-09-2016 01:07 PM

What's this now? You're going to be mingling with college coeds?

busterb 01-09-2016 02:09 PM

Nope Stormy.

lumberjim 01-09-2016 02:16 PM

Stormy is your granddaughter's name?

My neice's middle name is Storm. Spirit Storm Surname.

xoxoxoBruce 01-09-2016 04:01 PM

It's a dangerous family. After you get Bustered, you get rained on and blown away. :eek:

xoxoxoBruce 01-09-2016 04:37 PM

Oh boy, the PA Farm Show is on TV, right now it's High School Championship Rodeo.

busterb 01-09-2016 05:31 PM

Yes Stormy is my grand daughter's name. I think her middle name is Cheyenne. What ever the injun name is.

footfootfoot 01-11-2016 07:13 AM

The same Stormy that comes here?

busterb 01-11-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 951028)
The same Stormy that comes here?

No. You'r thinking of stormy weather. I guess

footfootfoot 01-11-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busterb (Post 951032)
No. You'r thinking of stormy weather. I guess

Oh yeah. That's it.

Clodfobble 01-12-2016 08:37 PM

From my cousin's wife:

Quote:

Glenn had a very busy good day. They removed Glenn's brain drain, staples, his A-line and on a just a regular blood pressure cuff. They had him off the ventilator for 2 hours when they were shooting for 1 1/2 hours. When I walked in this morning he immediately smiled at me and mouthed the words "I love you." I can't express how happy and wonderful that made me feel!! All day he would answer the nurse and I with either head nods or mouthing the words to our questions. I hated to leave him tonight but as I said good night and hugged him, he gave me a kiss!!

lumberjim 01-12-2016 08:58 PM

Awesome

xoxoxoBruce 01-12-2016 11:35 PM

Woo, happy dance. http://cellar.org/2015/party.gif

limey 01-13-2016 05:35 AM

Excellent news!

glatt 01-13-2016 07:39 AM

So often you hear bad news. It's very nice to hear good news. I'm very happy for them.

BigV 01-13-2016 02:29 PM

Wonderful!!!

monster 01-13-2016 07:41 PM

fanbloodytastic

orthodoc 01-13-2016 08:29 PM

Great to hear this!

DanaC 01-14-2016 07:29 AM

Preamble: Just after Christmas I got two letters. One was from the Housing Benefit office telling me they'd overpaid me on rent assistance.

At full rate, the payment used to be £30 per month less than the rent. With my earnings taken into account that comes down. My earnings have been a tad eratic for first few months of work - first month included training days, but was a short month on shifts. Third month and fifth month earned a small bonus. Prior to Christmas they suspended payments on my claim until I provided wage slips for three months and a couple of weeks later, they reinstated my claim, and as the figure they were prepared to pay was £40 less than before I foolishly assumed they'd recalculated (right?) .

The letter that came after Christmas showed they'd recalculated again and come up with a figure £70 less than before (so, £100 less than rent) retrospectively applied tothree months and they're taking back the overpayment at just under £54 per month. So, basically pretty fucked on the rent :p

The second letter was from the NHS telling me the dental treatment I recently had and wasclassed as free as a JSA claimant, was not free, as the treatment occurred when iwas not a JSA claimant. Except, the treatment was started whilst i was on JSA - and I deliberately stayed on JSA enduring all the indignities of the fucking 'work programme' for almost four months longer than I had toin order to get that dental treatment because I know I'd be unable to afford the NHS charges once I signed off. The dentists cancelled my appointment three times, across three of those months because theyhad equipment thatbroke down and they had tosend off to the US for a replacement - whic then was difficult to get set upand theyhad to get someone in to sort it out, and then the anaesthetist was ill - etc.

When they cancelled that third time, I'd been near to tears and had explained to the receptionist that I was coming under a lot of pressure to sign off from unemployment but didn't dare until I'd had the treatment, which was necessary but wholly unafforable even at NHS rates to someone working 15 hours a week. They said not to worry, because it would all go through as part of the original treatment plan which began when I was a claimant and therefore continues on that basis.

So - after a week or so of trying to work myself up to make a call I spoke to the dentists and the lass I spoke to said she'd look into it. I then took another week to work up to ringing them again to find out what was what, before I would have to start trying to gather the mental energy to phone the NHS repayments people.

This is the happy bit:

I spoke to the dentists just now. The receptionist wasn'tthe one who'd originally agreed to look into it, so I had to explain the situation again. She went off to see what was what and I was expecting, I dunno - that I was going to start having to write letters or make calls to the NHS, or that there wasn't anything they could do once it's been dated as that date for treatment. She instead came back and said XXX is actually dealing with this now. She's in email communication with the NHS peeps, and is trying to sort it out at their end, so not to worry.

I then phoned the Housing Benefit repayment people and explaine dthe situation to a nice chap who assured me that if I put that in an email to the assessment office they would take my circumstances into account and reduce the repayment rate. It's still going to sting my finances, but not by as much.

Now I just have the traditional January-oh-shit-I-may-not-have-busfares-for-the-last-week-of-work panic to contend with and hell, I'm almost there on that... just need to get to the end of next week.

I'm feeling quite relieved. The next month or so won't be easy, but I don't think I'm looking at the castostrophe I thought I was.

glatt 01-14-2016 07:37 AM

I'm glad it's working out better than you thought, Dana.

Sounds like a real pain to deal with. Good job dealing with it anyway.

DanaC 01-14-2016 07:58 AM

Thanks:) I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself for doing it. I was a whisker away from putting it off again.

xoxoxoBruce 01-14-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 951342)
Thanks:) I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself for doing it. I was a whisker away from putting it off again.

You should, you done good. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 951203)
From my cousin's wife:

I get email updates on Glenn's gofundme page. Reading the comments, from people who worked with Glenn, and people who just met him working, he sounds like someone I'd like to know and have for a friend. Of course if he'd been killed people would fall all over themselves to eulogize him, but these people sound genuinely happy he's improving. I'm sure he must kick kittens when nobody's looking. :lol2:

glatt 01-29-2016 10:03 AM

Huh.

Just got a call from my wife. Looks like I'm going to see Springsteen tonight. We have the option of getting tickets in the "press box" for $110 each. Why not? I've never seen Springsteen. I understand he puts on a good show.

xoxoxoBruce 01-29-2016 10:19 AM

Press box? I'm green with envy.

limey 01-29-2016 10:32 AM

Hell, Springsteen! I'm green with envy!

Undertoad 01-29-2016 10:32 AM

Dang...! Awright now!

wager he does jefferson airplane and/or bowie covers, the band is known to pull that sort of thing off quickly and make it work...

glatt 01-29-2016 10:51 AM

I'm keeping my reaction under control until I'm actually in the place. Seems too good to be true. Cheapest tickets on StubHub right now in the nosebleeds are around $500 each. And is anyone going to ask to see my press ID? Or is the ticket the ID?

We'll see.

But it will be sweet if it works!

lumberjim 01-29-2016 11:10 AM

Win

xoxoxoBruce 01-29-2016 11:10 AM

Press ID? Cellar.org.

Clodfobble 01-29-2016 02:06 PM

Just wear a fedora with a little sign stuck in the band that says "Press."

Griff 01-29-2016 05:20 PM

That is a big score.

glatt 01-29-2016 06:35 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7f5b406c99.jpg

glatt 01-29-2016 06:36 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9e206181c6.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...db4cc301fe.jpg

Undertoad 01-29-2016 06:46 PM

aw hell yeh

lumberjim 01-29-2016 07:01 PM

I've heard more than one person say that they were not fans of Bruce's, but once they saw him live, they converted. I hope you two have fun! Looks like you're enjoying it so far.

xoxoxoBruce 01-29-2016 08:12 PM

Way to go, glatt!

glatt 01-29-2016 11:13 PM

Wow. No way is that guy really in his 60s. Three hours of nonstop music. No break. He played The River for like two hours, and it was good, but I only knew maybe 3 songs. And then the last hour was all favorites.

xoxoxoBruce 01-29-2016 11:34 PM

Make you want to buy a motorcycle and run off to the Jersey Shore?

I remember hearing him talking on the radio about his old man breaking his balls, telling him often that the Army would straighten his ass out.
As he got closer to his draft physical he got wilder and was living like there was no tomorrow, because that was a possibility in those days.
As a result, the old man told him more and more often the Army would straighten his ass out.
He flunked the physical and told his father.
The old man said, "Good".

Griff 01-30-2016 06:22 AM

Nice glatt, damn nice.

glatt 01-30-2016 07:36 AM

So a few observations.

He really engages the audience. About a third of the way down the floor, there was a narrow stage/ walkway that cut the floor into sections, and he routinely went around the edges of the crowd and onto that walkway to get IN the crowd. He must have palm tapped a few hundred fans over the course of the show.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...34ce5d8c5d.jpg

See that bright lit up part of the crowd? That's him on the little walkway. He crowd surfed at one point from that spot back to the main stage. Kind of got stalled for a minute or so as the crowd stopped passing him toward the stage and just held him. That's got to be both a huge ego boost and also a little scary to be giving yourself over to the crowd.

Having an entire stadium calling "Bruuuuuuce" during the quiet moments is almost indistinguishable from booing.

He got actual good natured booing when he worked The Giants into the lyrics of some song I don't know and the audience reminded him that he was currently in Skins territory.

I got an actual chill in my spine when he started off (iirc) Thunder Road with just a handful of notes, and then the crowd started singing it, and the band stopped playing it and let the crowd do the song by itself for about 15 seconds or so. And the crowd was GOOD. He started chuckling. It made him happy. And then the band took over the song.

He took maybe a 45 second break where the lights went off and he went to the rear of the stage. And then came back for an encore. I figured there would be one song. Played Born to Run. It was good and I thought that was a nice way to end the show. They turned on all the house light. But then he went right into Dancing in the Dark, and took turns pulling a couple women up to dance with him on stage. OK so that was the end. No. Then he said that he doesn't normally play this, but for some vets in the crowd he would. Played Rosalita. He started to sound a little tired at points during this song. He'd been singing for three hours by then and Rosy is a high energy one. The house lights had been on for a while, so surely that was it. Nope. He went right into Shout. And then he was done.

Fantastic show. He had limitless energy and his voice was good.