The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 04-09-2008 04:38 PM

A twin jesus.....does that work like a twin tub only holier?

kerosene 04-09-2008 04:42 PM

Uh....perhaps? :eyebrow: One can hope, I suppose.

HungLikeJesus 04-09-2008 05:00 PM

I didn't get it either.

It must be the language barrier.

DanaC 04-09-2008 05:11 PM

lol sorry folks :P didn't realise you wouldn't know tha term. Twin tub is the old style semi-automatic washing machine with a washing section and a spinner section where you drop the clothes into the drum from above, first into the washing tub and then into the spinning tub (like a wringer not a drier)

kerosene 04-09-2008 05:17 PM

Ah, well in that case, yes...that would be nice...but only if the water becomes holy when it touches the tub. That way I might have better protection against vampires.

HungLikeJesus 04-09-2008 05:20 PM

Thanks DanaC. I was worried it was some reference to holy twin tub girl, or something.

kerosene 04-09-2008 06:32 PM

Yikes...you went *there*?

HungLikeJesus 04-09-2008 06:42 PM

And I'm embarrassed to admit I don't even know what is tub girl.

DucksNuts 04-09-2008 08:00 PM

I keep thinking Tank Girl, but thats not right either

Elspode 04-09-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 442559)
I dunno...having a clean house just brings me a great deal of satisfaction.

Me too...isn't that *weird*? Whenever I've just finished cleaning, and the place is looking and smelling great, or after I've done a really bang up job in the yard, I like to sit back and soak it all in. I get overcome with a tremendous feeling of well-being; a sense of Rightness and Goodness fills me for a period of time. It's quite intoxicating.

Then some asshole comes along and fucks it all up. :D

Elspode 04-09-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 444782)
I keep thinking Tank Girl, but thats not right either

This is listed somewhere else in The Cellar as "something you really don't want to know or see"...really.

Do a Google search for "tub girl", and watch the resultant video...but be warned...have bleach nearby to cleanse your eyes with afterward.

elSicomoro 04-09-2008 08:28 PM

I worked 8 hours for the new bosses last week...they paid me for 30. I think I'm gonna like working for these guys. :)

Should you find yourself in St. Louis, please stop by our lovely restaurant...the food fucking rocks!

Clodfobble 04-10-2008 11:14 PM

Off to see the wizard tomorrow morning. See y'all in 3 or 4 days!

jinx 04-10-2008 11:20 PM

yay!

LabRat 04-11-2008 09:48 AM

I was just thinking we hadn't heard from her in a bit this morning!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

glatt 04-11-2008 10:10 AM

I can be slow and stupid sometimes. I saw clodfobble's post earlier and wondered what the hell she was talking about.

Good luck with the Teenyfob delivery!

skysidhe 04-11-2008 11:05 AM

A spring chill is still in the air but it is bright and beautiful today. The sun will make an apperance today AND tomorrow and will burn as brightly as it did since October of last year. That's about 75f/23c

Cicero 04-11-2008 11:49 AM

oooh...Thank you glatt...I feel like such a dope.

Happy today:
I'm going to my favorite B and B in Taos this weekend. Mini-vacation! Woooo-hooo!

My husband has to work up there on 2 separate jobs and I will help, but will mostly be doing nothing but having a good time yea!!

I also got a good part-time position that will be useful even if I get another full-timer yea! Show me the money!

I need to feed the IR*, it's hungry this year (boo new tax bracket)!

kerosene 04-11-2008 02:33 PM

Hummus from this place. The stuff is just amazing.

lumberjim 04-12-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 445062)
Off to see the wizard tomorrow morning. See y'all in 3 or 4 days!

hope it all went well....you popped into my head at 8:15 est for no reason.....and i thought....hey...clobble is having her baby today!

hope it all went smoothly. FSM, Allah, Jarred from Subway and 8 lb 11 oz baby Jesus bless you and your family.

DucksNuts 04-12-2008 06:04 AM

Speedy recovery CF, and uneventful arrival to the new Fob.

My new TV is making me happy :D Its like being in the cinema, but I can talk on my phone and burp loudly....even at the same time.

Trilby 04-12-2008 08:20 AM

O--goody! what is this new minifobble going to be called? I love babies! good luck, Clod! (and baby and family) :flower:

TheMercenary 04-12-2008 08:59 AM

84 degrees today. I love spring.

elSicomoro 04-12-2008 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From MSNBC's main page...how can you not laugh at this?

binky 04-12-2008 06:51 PM

Starting to plant veggies and roses in our empty clean slate backyard

Sundae 04-12-2008 07:02 PM

Wonderful binks
Make sure you take some pictures!

Ibby 04-15-2008 02:45 AM

I'm (very hopefully) going to be attending a three-week summer program at UMD on journalism.
i'm psyched.

DanaC 04-15-2008 06:04 AM

sounds exciting ibby!

SteveDallas 04-16-2008 12:30 PM

Sometimes when you lose it and start bitching about something you get smacked down.

Sometimes you find out other people were pissed off about it to and are glad somebody finally said something. :D

Granola Goddess 04-16-2008 12:39 PM

Figured out how to pipe in my Shaw internet music from home to my computer at work, so I'm groovin' right now. (It blocks out the swearing from the peanut gallery next to me!) Check post "What's Upsetting you today?".

Clodfobble 04-17-2008 12:04 AM

I :heartpump Sundae Girl. A kinder person simply does not exist.

elSicomoro 04-18-2008 10:37 AM

April and I are coming to Philly in June. She has a conference in Baltimore w/b 6/15. We will probably be in Philly for at least 2 days at the end of the week. Mark your calendar...I'm thinking a night of drinking at Johnny Manana's in East Falls or McMenamin's in Mount Airy.

LabRat 04-18-2008 04:17 PM

I.

AM.

OUTTA HERE! ! !

Cya foolios!!!

lumberjim 04-18-2008 11:28 PM

my new demo....mine's blue tho

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...imabanner1.jpg

Sundae 04-19-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 446406)
I :heartpump Sundae Girl. A kinder person simply does not exist.

Wow! I did nothing to deserve that I promise you.
But it's making me happy all the same.

I came here to say (as a selfish, unkind person) that I have the house to myself ALLLLLLLLL weekend. HM is on a stag weekend in Tallinn and I have been fully taking advantage. Sitting round in a vest and knickers, watching The League of Gentlemen (on commentary), having the heating on for the cats (I don't like it hot, hence the underwear), talking to myself etc etc etc

First two days alone since last Sept.

Only way it would have been better is if I had my laptop (still in creation) so I could do this at home

xoxoxoBruce 04-20-2008 11:20 AM

Aren't PCs cheaper than laptops?

elSicomoro 04-20-2008 12:00 PM

As a whole, yes. But you can get a laptop now for a relatively low price. Dells and HPs start at $500.

SG, am I reading right that someone is building you one?

Jim, those Altima coupes are hella sweet. I haven't seen a whole lot of them yet here. What is the company's expectations on sales? I just don't see a lot of them being sold, given that the "personal luxury" coupe market ain't all that great (Solara, G6, the now extinct Monte Carlo).

Cicero 04-20-2008 04:39 PM

I nailed an interview and got the job!! (good bene's too)

Awesome!:D :biggrindu

:devil: :jig: :shred: :band:

woo-hoo!

You guys are so lucky I won't be home to haunt the cellar all day long.....You are getting ur cellar back!!!

Sundae 04-20-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 447056)
Aren't PCs cheaper than laptops?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 447063)
As a whole, yes. But you can get a laptop now for a relatively low price. Dells and HPs start at $500. SG, am I reading right that someone is building you one?

Yup - I'm getting a Dell laptop. My bro works in IT and I asked his advice on all of this - he checked out what I said I wanted, what I really needed and what I could actually afford.

In part I leaned towards a laptop to be more fair to HM - if I'm out all day it will really help him find work if he has internet access - and both of us would be happier if he doesn't have to go into my room. And it's really not much cheaper to get a PC - certainly not the spec my bro thinks I need. This is the only computer I have ever bought and I'll be using it in a number of different situations for probably the next 5 years. He is really good with money, knows the market, so I trust him when he says what I am buying is the best option for me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 447103)
I nailed an interview and got the job!! (good bene's too)

GOOD FOR YOU!
Many congratulations!

xoxoxoBruce 04-20-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 447117)
In part I leaned towards a laptop to be more fair to HM - if I'm out all day it will really help him find work if he has internet access - and both of us would be happier if he doesn't have to go into my room.

I thought HM had one already?

Sundae 04-20-2008 06:23 PM

Broked.
That's why my access was so limited before I started working here & was given the key and permission to come in any time.

zippyt 04-20-2008 07:08 PM

Whats making me happy ,
Im sitting on my back porch as I type this ,
New Wireless router is working ,
Birds be chirping , and the world is green an fresh
as I survey the yard work I have done this weekend ,
2-3 beers Good Beers , Good tunes ,
lighting the grill for KayBobs in just a sec ,
Tomorrow may suck , but right now Life is GOOD !!!:D :D

Good Choice SG , A Lap top is the right choice , Most versatal ,
Are you buying new or used ?? New would Prolly have a better warrenty

Good Fer YA CIC !!!!

Sundae 04-20-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 447154)
Good Choice SG , A Lap top is the right choice , Most versatal ,
Are you buying new or used ?? New would Prolly have a better warrenty

As I say, any decision making applause has to go to my brother - it's been in his capable hands.
Buying new for the warranty and support.
Before I got him involved I did ask various places about second hand. Everywhere I asked suggested that the market is moving so fast it's not worth it. That sounded like sales-talk to me, which is why I left it with my brother.

I'm confident I am getting pretty much what I need for my money. Oh and he talked me out of getting it in pink, and getting extra memory instead. Ah well.

zippyt 04-20-2008 07:21 PM

I have been flirting with getting Carol a Pink lap top , but yer Bro is right , extra memory trumps the color

DucksNuts 04-21-2008 03:59 AM

My dell is Red, I love it, but expensed it for work :)

DanaC 04-21-2008 09:02 AM

Go Go Cic-er-O!

Super news m'dear. Hope it exceeds expectation:)

Shawnee123 04-21-2008 09:06 AM

WTG Cicero!

Cicero 04-21-2008 09:39 AM

This is the funny part: I was hired as a legal assistant.

lol! Wish me luck.

;)

I will have my own office...How refreshing! Paid vacations..dental...woo-hoo!!!

And the best part: I didn't have to go on five interviews to get the position!!

O.k. I'll stop....just happy today. Someone is going to allow me my geekdom and pay for it.

Thanks guys! You sure are sweet sometimes....:)

Oh and Dana! Good luck on keeping your seat! They'll do it if they know what's good for them. I can't imagine there is more of a democratic candidate that would be more open to sound decision, and policy-making.

Shawnee123 04-21-2008 10:56 AM

Luck!

Though it says a lot about you that you get a sweet job without pounding the pavement for months and months!

lumberjim 04-21-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 447063)
Jim, those Altima coupes are hella sweet. I haven't seen a whole lot of them yet here. What is the company's expectations on sales? I just don't see a lot of them being sold, given that the "personal luxury" coupe market ain't all that great (Solara, G6, the now extinct Monte Carlo).

I don't know what their expectations are, but they are doing a shit job of promoting it. It's really a lot of car for the $$....very like an infiniti g35....has great sexy lines, etc. zero incentives on them, and i've not seen any advertising on tv about them, or caught them in the car rags. I think the Mustang is kicking that segments ass anyway. whatever....if they were flying off the shelves, i probably wouldnt have been able to take one for a demo. It handles like a sports car, and im getting 25 mpg so far ( that usually improves )

jinx 04-21-2008 12:01 PM

Wow, congrats cicero!

Quote:

Jim, those Altima coupes are hella sweet.
Ippy looked at it out the window and declared it an old lady car.

elSicomoro 04-22-2008 12:21 PM

I finally cleaned up my music collection on iTunes--21,000 songs.

Ibby 04-22-2008 11:11 PM

I'm FINALLY getting the rewriting of ÉANNA done. Which only gives me two weeks to get it on stage, but... I can do it. I can make it work. The script is so much better now.

Shawnee123 04-23-2008 12:41 PM

It's scholarship day and it's going well. I have time to lurk and post between people handing in the "grade sheets" which I have been entering in the spreadsheet as I get them. Tomorrow, I sort and muse and ponder (we administer various 'ships by different donors so the criteria can vary greatly) and by Friday all 'ships will be awarded and letters sent.

Every year, it runs a little more smoothly. Not bad as this was thrown in my lap when our ex-director suddenly "resigned" a few years ago and everyone else in the program left around the same time!

Shawnee123 04-24-2008 08:54 AM

That's awesome Shawnee. You rock. And you know what else? We don't all really hate you. Seriously. :eek:

classicman 04-24-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 447848)
That's awesome Shawnee. You rock. And you know what else? We don't all really hate you. Seriously. :eek:

I'll second that.

lookout123 04-24-2008 11:03 AM

Lil Lookout had had tryouts for the club team outdoor season. 321 kids showed up. All 321 have to go back for the second half of tryouts in two weeks. It will be 2 hours of scrimmages to see the kids in game situations. Lil Lookout did pretty well from my POV in the stands, but you never know.

Oh wait, I do know. The club team trainer found me during a break and told me his only problem with Lil Lookout is whether to use him as a solitary striker and sometime winger for the A team, or to make him the captain of the B team for the next age group up and build the squad around his strengths.

The club owner found me later and apologized to me for an argument we had more than a year ago. He demanded then that he be allowed to train Lil Lookout in private sessions so that his potential isn't wasted by improper coaching that I would surely give him. He announced last night that LL has the best ball control of the entire group and the second best shot. "Lookout, you have done an outstanding job training him. Would you be interested in being one of the official club trainers?" No thanks for the training position, but thanks for the compliment.

I don't have to tell him that LL is just a natural do I? :) Proud Papa.

HungLikeJesus 04-24-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 447848)

Bennett Marco: Raymond Shawnee is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Shawnee123 04-24-2008 11:45 AM

Heehee...thanks guys, for responding to my attention ho-ness!

Sundae 04-25-2008 03:58 AM

Shush Shawnee
You know if I didn't respond (and I am officially signed up to your fan club) then it's likely that I didn't see it. Therefore others didn't see it. Therefore shush.

Anyway - am pleased for you chick.
Job satisfaction - worth 10 vodkas :)

Lookout - proud Papa indeed. Good for LL.

Me? I'm made up because I'm heading off for Aylesbury at about 16.30. Going home to my parents and picking up my laptop. And it's a mark of my love for Mum and Dad that I put seeing them before getting my laptop - which is a huge excitement!