The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

glatt 12-13-2013 12:58 PM

Speaking of British crime, I just read today that you lot have made it legal to be an "incorrigible rogue."

If you keep this up, what remains of the British empire is sure to fall.

DanaC 12-13-2013 01:10 PM

Ha! Thanks for that. Most amusing.

One of the things that makes analysing crime during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries a bit of an interpretive challenge is decoding the charges. Doubly so for military justice.

I think my favourite one is: along with being drunk and a few other regulatory charges, 'behaving in a most scandalous manner'

Closely followed by 'Taking very indecent liberties with two privates', though my amusement at that usually falters quite quickly given the appalling punishments meted out to gay men.

footfootfoot 12-13-2013 01:39 PM

...
The artless Aide-de-camp was mute, the gilded Staff were still,
As, dumb with pent-up mirth, they booked that message from the hill;
For clear as summer lightning-flare, the husband's warning ran: -
"Don't dance or ride with General Bangs -- a most immoral man."
...

BigV 12-13-2013 04:21 PM

Happy today: the memory of attending a concert with Twil, her two daughters, SonofV and my BelovedDaughter *and* her beau (who I met for the first time). The headliner:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis


He's big, and he started in Seattle, and this was the homecoming concert of his world tour. He sold out the Key Arena, three days, three shows. This was the first one of the three and his exuberance, his happiness, and his energy was abundant and obvious. The show was EPIC!!!!!

pics and details to follow!

Gravdigr 12-13-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 885897)
J got us DAVE CHAPPELLE tickets for next Saturday!

Merry Xmas to us!

Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances.

Having said that, Dave Chappelle fucking rocks.

Gravdigr 12-13-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 885911)
Speaking of British crime, I just read today that you lot have made it legal to be an "incorrigible rogue."

:neutral:

Quote:

Thursday’s report said that as 309 old ones were scrapped, 327 new ones were added.
:neutral:

orthodoc 12-15-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 885916)
...
The artless Aide-de-camp was mute, the gilded Staff were still,
As, dumb with pent-up mirth, they booked that message from the hill;
For clear as summer lightning-flare, the husband's warning ran: -
"Don't dance or ride with General Bangs -- a most immoral man."
...

Kipling! Once again I am humbled ...

DanaC 12-15-2013 04:23 AM

Made me smile!

Sundae 12-18-2013 08:21 AM

Just finished wrapping my presents.
One step closer to Christmas, which means one step closer to Glasgow and Arran.

orthodoc 12-18-2013 08:42 AM

One day closer to picking my daughter up at the airport and heading home for the holidays.

Big Sarge 12-18-2013 11:52 AM

I received my final grade on my thesis, "Standardized Multi-Discipline Training for Army National Guard Staff Exercises". It was 55 pages of pure hell! Anyway, I got an "A".

I might break my rule and drink a little Jameson's tonight. I'll be sure not to take my other medicines that conflict with alcohol.

glatt 12-18-2013 11:59 AM

Well done! I haven't written 55 pages of anything since college. And I don't think I even did that then.

BigV 12-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 886475)
I received my final grade on my thesis, "Standardized Multi-Discipline Training for Army National Guard Staff Exercises". It was 55 pages of pure hell! Anyway, I got an "A".

I might break my rule and drink a little Jameson's tonight. I'll be sure not to take my other medicines that conflict with alcohol.

Wow!

CONGRATULATIONS!

DanaC 12-18-2013 03:01 PM

Bloody hell, way to go Sarge!

orthodoc 12-18-2013 06:16 PM

That's great, Sarge! Congratulations!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.