The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

glatt 04-07-2009 03:31 PM

Ditto the picture request on the kayak. That's really cool. My kayak is in another state. I don't see it too often.

BigV 04-07-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 553713)
Ditto the picture request on the kayak. That's really cool. My kayak is in another state. I don't see it too often.

don't do it tiki... you'll make me look bad. (er)

Clodfobble 04-07-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt

But to be fair, aren't your house and job in different states too?

Tiki 04-07-2009 07:22 PM

For as long as the link lasts, here it is: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/1108804161.html

Aliantha 04-07-2009 08:12 PM

I had Max weighed today and he's gained 700 grams since birth. That's an excellent gain. In fact, it's almost bordering on too much. The average weight gain is 141 grams per week for the first couple of months.

Anyway, I'd rather see him carry a little extra weight coming into winter. If he gets a cold or anything he's bound to lose weight quickly.

glatt 04-08-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 553771)
But to be fair, aren't your house and job in different states too?

Yeah I suppose that's true, but the kayak is in another other state. It's hanging out in the same state as the cellar server.

glatt 04-08-2009 11:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 553773)
For as long as the link lasts, here it is: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/1108804161.html

Nice. Even has a beer holder!

Tiki 04-08-2009 11:35 AM

YES!

BigV 04-08-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 553791)
I had Max weighed today and he's gained 700 grams since birth. That's an excellent gain. In fact, it's almost bordering on too much. The average weight gain is 141 grams per week for the first couple of months.

Anyway, I'd rather see him carry a little extra weight coming into winter. If he gets a cold or anything he's bound to lose weight quickly.

If he loses weight at this age, you have a problem.

Cicero 04-08-2009 05:28 PM

Interview in the morning! YES!! :)

Crossing fingers...

Apollo 04-08-2009 05:57 PM

Ooooo good luck!

DanaC 04-08-2009 06:31 PM

I am crossing fingers and toes; Pilau is crossing his paws. He did attempt to cross his tail but that was quite painful.

Pie 04-08-2009 06:45 PM

Good luck, Cic! Get a good night's sleep and don't skip breakfast.

Shawnee123 04-08-2009 07:14 PM

Good luck Cic. Just project your natural awesomeness.

Tiki 04-08-2009 07:22 PM

Best of luck to you!

jinx 04-08-2009 10:04 PM

Awesome Cic, kick ass.

Nice boat Tiki. We've all (jim, me, kids) got kayaks... love to go.

Sundae 04-09-2009 03:06 AM

I've officially finished detox.
I have to attend the day group today, tomorrow and Saturday. Then next week only Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

Friday I get my Care Assessment Plan from community psychiatric services. This should include psycho-therapy. At least they're pushing for that for me from the day care side, because the psychiatrist there says this will be far more effective for me than anti-depressants, which I am currently only being issues in 14 day batches.

So next Friday will be my discharge day. Which is great because they think I am no longer in danger of self harm. But scary, because it's such an easy place to go to and pass the time every day. Still, I have the alcohol place to go to. They offer groups, acupuncture and a one-to-one every day if I feel like I need it. I might go just to get out of the house for a while.

Oh and we had a visit from a group of advocates who work on behalf of people who have or have had mental health issues (free of charge). They help with letters and phone calls in chasing down things like benefits due and advising on other bureaucratic issues. So I've made an appointment with them next week - see if I can get some info on my tax rebate and apply for Disability Living Allowance.

It's all go here.

DanaC 04-09-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 554236)
Good luck Cic. Just project your natural awesomeness.

But don't project it too much, you could have somebody's eye out...

@ Sundae. Sounds ace, honey. Having access to good guidance is so important. Well done on checking out the DLA; a lot of people don't really know what they can and can't claim for. Don't be perturbed if they knock you back initially. I don't know what it's like down there but up here standard practice seems to be to refuse DLA and then grant it on appeal. Then again...I am in Yorkshire and we're not best known for the giving away of money...:P Fantastic that their emphasis seems to be on guidance, counselling and behavioural tools, rather than focusing on the anti-depressants. Much more useful to you I suspect.

It sounds quite exciting actually Cherry. At least you're there trying to get well. Last time I was in a psychiatrist's care I was pretending to be crazy...I think :P

ZenGum 04-09-2009 06:47 AM

: hugs Sundae :

Trilby 04-09-2009 06:55 AM

:flower: for Cherry

capnhowdy 04-09-2009 07:15 AM

I have been appointed Sargent at Arms at the local Moose Lodge. Only after loosing the election for trustee to a 70 year old geezer.

Ejecting an obnoxious drunk gives me such great satisfaction. Not that we have that many. I can also stop the bums from sneaking in w/o their membership card. Hell... if I gotta pay a c note a year in dues, everybody does.

Queen of the Ryche 04-09-2009 09:07 AM

Go get 'em Cic!
Sounds like you're on the right path Sundae - like Dana said, don't let the red tape and beauraucracy get you down. And we're always here for support when you need it!!! Keep up the great work!
And congrats Capn! Good to know they'll ahve good peeps running the joint to keep the riff raff out.

limey 04-09-2009 10:19 AM

Warra lorra good news all round folks. Good luck and good vibes to y'alls and 'specially SG - that sounds so forward thinking and ... and ... just plain good for you!

Queen of the Ryche 04-09-2009 01:28 PM

How incredibly thoughtful the Cellar Dwellars are!!!

glatt 04-09-2009 05:16 PM

New laptop today. It's one of those used corporate laptops that Dell refurbishes and sells on e-bay. Dell Latitude D610
1 GB Ram
1.73 GHZ pentium M
(M?)
60GB drive.
XP pro

Plenty fast wireless connection. perfect for my web browsing needs

My first laptop!

morethanpretty 04-09-2009 08:08 PM

Yea for Sundae!

Cic, give us the news already!

For me its a small thing, and more relieving than making me happy. My English prof said the advertisements I turned in for my paper are "cute!" Since I'm failing...I really need to do well right now.

classicman 04-09-2009 08:13 PM

That I am me.

morethanpretty 04-09-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 554557)
That I am me.

[mean]You are the only one that is happy about that.[/mean]

Its good to have self-love. :jagoff: :D

classicman 04-09-2009 08:22 PM

Considering the alternative - - - (tw)

I'm ecstatic

BigV 04-09-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 554508)
New laptop today. It's one of those used corporate laptops that Dell refurbishes and sells on e-bay. Dell Latitude D610
1 GB Ram
1.73 GHZ pentium M
(M?)
60GB drive.
XP pro

Plenty fast wireless connection. perfect for my web browsing needs

My first laptop!

M==mobile

lower power requirements, including the ability to run at lower speeds when idle thereby further reducing the power draw.

I have a fleet of that model. My own personal system is the big brother to that one, a D800.

Shawnee123 04-10-2009 07:16 AM

Today:

Old friends who understand me and know what to say, or are just "there," when I am experiencing a dark and lonely time. No judging or dismissing, no "snap out of it what do you have to feel badly about," no discounting what I am feeling.

New friends who are fascinating, and who remind me there is a whole world of people out there, and some of them don't suck.

sugarpop 04-10-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 554638)
Today:

Old friends who understand me and know what to say, or are just "there," when I am experiencing a dark and lonely time. No judging or dismissing, no "snap out of it what do you have to feel badly about," no discounting what I am feeling.

New friends who are fascinating, and who remind me there is a whole world of people out there, and some of them don't suck.

It's hard to remember that part sometimes, isn't it. ;)

sugarpop 04-10-2009 10:44 AM

SG, that's so awesome that you can get accupuncture! I think you take advantage of that. It sounds like you are on the right track.

Cic, tell us what happened already!

Shawnee123 04-10-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 554745)
It's hard to remember that part sometimes, isn't it. ;)

Yeah. :)

LabRat 04-10-2009 09:46 PM

The new webcam is up and running! Let the debauchery begin...

SteveDallas 04-10-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 555080)

http://kbarger314.smugmug.com/photos...7_qqE2t-XL.jpg

DucksNuts 04-11-2009 04:14 AM

I tried to win a gold coast holiday on the radio...I didnt win, but had heaps of fun.

First you had to qualify to be one of the *dirty dozen*, this meant nominating a task you would complete with a raw egg.

I emailed in that I would stick eggs in my bra and crack em. This was done live on the radio with much gooey goodness. My kitchen looked like a bad p0rn movie set when I was done and I had egg all over my phone.

But, I qualified for the competition, which was to be the last one standing at the raw egg drop.

This involved an elevated platform, 2 radio announcers, and a heap of raw eggs. Which they dropped from platform, going higher each round.

I was first cab off the rank, and caught my egg, so did the other 11, round 2 up higher, and eggs dropped with a twist of the wrist. I caught mine again and again.

Anyway, I got to the final 3 and the platform was at full height, then they said we had to catch with one hand.....nooooo good, my hands are tiny and I was out.

I have been trying to sleaze onto one of the announcers and decided that they best way to display my interest was to piff eggs at him :D I got him goooooood.

His buddy got me dead smack (or crack) in the middle of the back, which made work interesting, coz it looked like a *happy ending* all over my back...but I retaliated by sneaking up behind him and squishing an egg he had in his pocket.

Much fun had by all, hopefully radio dude will ask me out, or I will ask him out next week.

Fobble, will take some pics of the gates, Im in the middle of repainting them. I'm about to start paving an entertainment area outside, which will be slow going on my own...but rewarding.

Glad to hear Max is doing well :D Good cow, Ali.

xoxoxoBruce 04-11-2009 04:57 AM

Egg-selent.;)

TheMercenary 04-11-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 555080)

Ok, that looks potentially dangerous.

morethanpretty 04-11-2009 12:44 PM

I think I found a home for another one of my stray kittens.
When I showed the pictures to the person who is interested, they said "My girlfriend's head is goin to explode into candy from overload of cuteness."

TheMercenary 04-11-2009 01:51 PM

I am happy for my wife today. She got her dream car yesterday. For the first time since they have been on sale Mini Cooper offered 2.9% financing through BMW. She got the Mini Cooper Clubman S. We drove to Jacksonville, Fl to pick it up. I drove it home on the highway at average speeds of 75 mph and got 33.5mpg.

http://vicky.in/international/wp-con..._clubman_1.jpg

Undertoad 04-11-2009 02:01 PM

Well done. J's brother is current national champ in the racing stock class that includes the Mini, and he swears by his Mini Cooper S. Article about him, incl. picture of his awesome Japanese wife.

Here he is "lifting the leg":

http://www.rogues-racing.com/wp-cont...cs/Savini2.jpg

Trilby 04-11-2009 02:01 PM

mustard-based barbeque sauce................................... :yum:

and corn pudding.

ham and scalloped taters tomorrow.

TheMercenary 04-11-2009 02:20 PM

Pretty cool UT.

I liked this:

Quote:

My favorite has got to be my current Mini Cooper S. It does so many things so well. Great fuel economy, fast in a straight line, and it does things a car shouldn’t be able to do on the autocross course. (Great resale value doesn’t hurt either!)
We drove the regular Clubman first and it had plenty of power for us. The ones on the lot just did not have some of the extras we wanted, esp a hard top, we did not want the convert or sunroof. The only automatic Clubman they had on the lot was an S. So we thought we would just give it a run. Holy crap it has some power. You really feel like you are behind the wheel of a sports car. We were sold. Now we just have to get use to not having all that space the Sequoia had.

Shawnee123 04-12-2009 10:29 AM

In an hour and a half I will be at my older brother's house, with most of the grown kids, and my younger brother and all the little kids, a dog or two, and my awesome family. It's a pretty day, if a little chilly, so we will be outside at least part of the time. My older sis-in-law is an amazing cook, and always presents some amazing new creation.

Hilarity will, no doubt, ensue.

Have a great day, everyone! :)

capnhowdy 04-12-2009 10:53 AM

Got a new carpet steam cleaner yesterday which I am using today at intervals. It works very well and my carpet is coming amazingly clean. I didn't realize how dirty it was till I started cleaning. I love my pets. They love fucking my house up. Oh well.....

Trilby 04-12-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 555584)
Got a new carpet steam cleaner yesterday which I am using today at intervals. It works very well and my carpet is coming amazingly clean. I didn't realize how dirty it was till I started cleaning. I love my pets. They love fucking my house up. Oh well.....

oh....oh....DO ME! DO ME!!

Sundae 04-12-2009 03:20 PM

Easter, family, no drink, small portions at mealtime, no Mississippi Mud Pie for dessert (low fat yoghurt), lots of water, lots of de-caff tea and a walk after dinner to deliver a card for my Mum (she was really grateful, which was nice).

I just feel calm and happy tonight.

More obvious good things:
Dr Who on yesterday - Planet of the Dead.
New Red Dwarf on Dave - watched 2 of 3 so far.
John Barrowman has a new series on Saturday nights to tide me over until Torchwood starts again.
And he is also in panto Dec 09-Jan 10, reprising his role as Robin Hood.
The theatre is booking already, so I am going to borrow some money off Mum and get good seats for the final night, tying it in with a long overdue trip to Cardiff. I will be paying her back of course!
I just daren't leave it too long - the best seats available are row K as it is.

Swoon. John Barrowman. And panto.
They were made for eachother, and as a special treat for me.
Thanks universe!

Aliantha 04-13-2009 10:10 PM

My earache is better enough for me to finally put the colour in my hair that I bought a week ago. It's doing its stuff as I type this message. :)

BigV 04-13-2009 10:35 PM

The dog approached close enough, long enough to permit himself to be dragged into the house by his collar.

Thank you Baby Jeebus!

Aliantha 04-13-2009 10:44 PM

We just got our dog a big dog house to keep her warmer this winter because she's getting old and her joints are a bit creaky. It took her quite a few days to actually go in it even after I'd modified the doorway so she didn't bump her shoulders on the way in.

Anyway, now she spends about 20 hours a day in it. I guess she likes it now. :)

Chocolatl 04-14-2009 04:32 AM

I only have four days left in my internship, and I graduate with my bachelor's in less than three weeks.

Mostly, this means I will finally be able to take a nap.

DucksNuts 04-14-2009 05:37 AM

Bondi Rescue, and Bondi Vet...both make me drool and happy.

Congratz Chocolatl, many a nap coming your way.

sweetwater 04-14-2009 02:19 PM

I've been Suddenly Sad for No Apparent Reason lately. Today I went outdoors to take a break from housecleaning (aha! there's at least one reason) and the snakes are all over - I had 4 in sight at one time, and managed to get photos of a couple of them snuggling (?) and 2 swimming. I need to figure out how to film a swimming snake. I love the way they slalom through the water! Thank you, Ma Nature, for the snakes and song of the redwings. I feel a bit better now.

Queen of the Ryche 04-14-2009 02:33 PM

ooh! ooh! Snake pics! yes! yes!
Way to go Choc!
SG, you sound so amazingly well. I am happy for you.
Went to Princess' "Mother Goose Day" at school - she was Little Miss Muffet. How could I not be happy?

DanaC 04-14-2009 02:39 PM

Laptop powerpack has inexplicably fixed itself:) Result!

sugarpop 04-14-2009 02:57 PM

I love snakes!

sweetwater, have you been reading Winnie the Pooh by any chance?

sweetwater 04-14-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 556286)
I love snakes!

sweetwater, have you been reading Winnie the Pooh by any chance?

:biglaugha I know, I know.
Still, one has to admit that Random Capitalization has its uses - what's good enough for Pooh is good enough for me.

DanaC 04-14-2009 03:40 PM

i Like snakes.

My bro had a gorgeous regal python called Cleopatra, when we were kids. Oh she was a bonny lass. Used to have her roaming his room. I loved playing with her.

LabRat 04-15-2009 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Todays forcast. C'mmmonnnnnnn spring! Great day for a run with a friend. Better get to work so I have time. . .