The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 10-09-2008 07:37 PM

There's an award thread now?

classicman 10-09-2008 07:53 PM

Uh yeh that guy that posted in colors and weird shit was talkin bout awards and I think it was LJ who started it in jest.

DucksNuts 10-09-2008 10:29 PM

a nooner

just what I needed

Treasenuak 10-10-2008 03:29 PM

What's making me happy... Might be going out to Netherworld tonight!! (Atlanta's premier haunted house, one of the top five rated haunted houses in the country... site here www.fearworld.com

footfootfoot 10-10-2008 05:13 PM

I prefer the nether regions, but to each his own.

BigV 10-10-2008 05:19 PM

I'm going camping in about ten minutes!!!!

DanaC 10-10-2008 06:26 PM

It's Friday! And I am watching The Secret Policeman's Ball 2008.

For once I decided to do more than my usual £10 donation (given primarily to assuage my guilt and 'pay' for the super duper comedy show) and have joined Amnesty. Been meaning to do it for years. I've been pottering around the campaigning site and signed a few petitions etc. I may get more involved at some point.

footfootfoot 10-10-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 492213)
It's Friday! And I am watching The Secret Policeman's Ball 2008.

For once I decided to do more than my usual £10 donation (given primarily to assuage my guilt and 'pay' for the super duper comedy show) and have joined Amnesty. Been meaning to do it for years. I've been pottering around the campaigning site and signed a few petitions etc. I may get more involved at some point.

I am reminded of an earlier secret policeman's other ball where Cleese goes off on the people who buy the second cheapest seats.

DanaC 10-10-2008 08:38 PM

hhahahahah I loved that concert.

ZenGum 10-11-2008 06:21 AM

"Whats that noise from down the street?"

"Oh, that? They're holding a policeman's ball."

"Ah, so that's why they wanted the pliers".

Shawnee123 10-11-2008 11:06 AM

Groan!

xoxoxoBruce 10-11-2008 11:14 AM

That's what the policeman was doing... between screams.

Razzmatazz13 10-12-2008 08:35 AM

:cheerldr: :blah: :jig: I HAVE A VOICE TODAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!:cheerldr: :blah: :jig:
_______________________ :thankyou:_______________________

HungLikeJesus 10-12-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 492709)
:cheerldr: :blah: :jig: I HAVE A VOICE TODAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!:cheerldr: :blah: :jig:
_______________________ :thankyou:_______________________

Does that mean you voted?

Sundae 10-12-2008 10:48 AM

I'm finally settled.

I had a migraine that wouldn't quit on Thursday & Friday.
It would have been lovely if I'd chosen to take the time off & unpack, but instead I lay here in a hot and bright room, no idea where my tablets were, no idea where my eye-mask was...

And to cap it all, Diz was very unsettled and kept crying - not his fault, but I felt worse because I couldn't comfort him. As a result (I'm sure) he was sick and had diarrhea, which he tracked over the carpet and the new bedding I'd put on on Weds night (about the only thing I bothered to do).

Anyway, this is the happy thread!
So in fact I'm happy because I am in my unpacked room. It's clean and I have clean bedding on (the second change actually). I am online! And I have an offer of weekend work at a pub if I want it, although it's a bit far from home to be completely ideal - still, it's a start.

And it is lovely and quiet here, as I hoped.

The only downside I can see so far is I have The Hot Bedroom. I have switched the radiator off and it's still 23 degrees. In October! I like it about 16 for the record. I'll have to ask for a key for the window lock. Anyway, it's a cosy hideout for the winter. And I hope a bit longer - I really don't want to do all that anytime soon.

Healthy living starts again tomorrow. In the meantime I am having what I feel is a well deserved beer. At home please note, not spending what I don't have in a pub.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.