The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Carruthers 03-01-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

You got: You’d die by dragon fire!

You’re a true Machiavellian — cunning, manipulative, and power-hungry. Friends would say you’re the most outgoing of the group, and you consider yourself the leader. Unluckily for you, most people despise your manipulative nature. And doubly unluckily for you, a dragon will burn you to a crisp.

I'm thinking of suing.

sexobon 03-01-2014 01:12 PM

You can sue dragons in your country now! Man, you guys have got it made.

orthodoc 03-01-2014 04:08 PM

Oh, nooo!
You got: You’d be decapitated!

You’re well-intentioned and loyal to a fault. All you really want is to see justice in the world, but you find that others don’t quite understand you. You work very hard, but unfortunately your efforts never seem to get the attention they deserve. Sadly, this means you’d be killed by a backwards system of justice.

Do I have to sleep with Khaleesi to get a better ending?

xoxoxoBruce 03-01-2014 04:44 PM

Heh heh heh.
Quote:

You got: You’d have a rat eat through your chest!
You’re the least eloquent of your friends, but the most well-meaning. Much to your chagrin, you’re often in the shadow of other people’s accomplishments and, as such, you live a fairly lonely life. Tragically, an inability to properly express yourself means a rat will eat its way through your chest.
Gonna take awhile through my moobs.:blush:

orthodoc 03-01-2014 04:54 PM

Wow. I just did the quiz three more times, sleeping with various characters, eating different last meals and using different weapons, choosing different poisons and sins ... and all I get is decapitated.

I'll keep that in mind as I watch GoT Season 3 tonight ... (I watch the DVDs so that I can use subtitles. I know everyone else is far ahead.)

BigV 03-01-2014 06:04 PM

This video.

http://www.upworthy.com/too-many-wom...ook-this-class

glatt 03-03-2014 03:24 PM

Snow day today, and it was a good one. I was not looking forward to this storm. I'm sick of winter. But I got a chance to sleep a little late, although not too late. And I did my little workout routine shortly after waking up. Played a couple games of chess with my boy, watched the last episode of Sherlock. And then, after an excellent panini lunch, I went down into my shop and cleaned. And cleaned. And organized. I should have taken before and after pictures. But I filled a contractor sized garbage bag, and was able to clear off two benches. Three hours down there. So productive.

I didn't do any shoveling, but the rest of the glatt family promised to take care of all that tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll be at work and they won't have school.

It just feels good to have something to show for the day. That never happens.

Sundae 03-03-2014 03:59 PM

I'm not on Bakery on Fridays!
Although I am on Meat & Fish. Which apparently I have been trained on. Hahaha.
I know what I am doing with fish from my creaky personal knowledge, not from training. I can skin, gut and descale fish for myself for example, but the official staff were sent to Billingsgate Fish Market for training...

Meat?
Oh blimey.
If I'm asked to de-bone something or make some sort of special cut I will really show up my upmarket employers. But that's okay, because I'm being asked to work the counter alone on the third most busy day of the week. The two other days are covered by two members of staff! One of whom has been a butcher for most of his life...

But honestly, yay.
Only one morning of Bakery a week!
I can learn everything else. I'd rather come in without pay and shadow trained employees than come in without pay to put together a box of bread for the next morning in the freezer. Which is nothing to do with skill and only to do with misery.

Carruthers 03-07-2014 02:22 PM

I got Dad to his hospital appointment without blood being shed. MINE!

I'm not going to paint too dark a picture but, just between you and me, he's not blessed with endless patience. Nor is he blessed with an even temper or subtlety of expression.
There is no problem on God's green Earth that cannot be rectified immediately (if not sooner) by the simple expedient of SHOUTING VERY LOUDLY at me.
In the great scheme of things this afternoon was relatively civilised so I'm H-A-P-P-Y! :thumb:

Sundae 03-07-2014 03:13 PM

I understand those small victories, Carr.

Diz decided to pee behind the sofa today, for the first time in ages.
What can I do? He's an animal, not a truculent or indulged child.

Anyway, short rather than long, to get to the happy, Mum and I talked it through reasonably. I know she was angry, but I decided to act as if she was just upset, because I know that was the base emotion.
Tantrum avoided.
FSM knows what I'll do next time though - I honestly thought he was cured of this.

I'm pleased you had a stress free hospital visit.
Now I know your credentials you have to come to Luton & Dunstable with me on the first of April, because I will certainly need a punchbag when I leave. Long bus journey, long wait, grim hospital and what I know will be bad news (buse) delivered by the perennially disapproving Dr K. Sigh.

But back to happy, I had a lovely morning at work.

DanaC 03-07-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 894151)
what I know will be bad news (buse)

Worvert!

fargon 03-07-2014 03:30 PM

You got: You got decapitated. EEK!!!
Never watched the show, do lots of people die?

BigV 03-07-2014 05:34 PM

only a few people die...

spoiler

each episode.

don't get attached.

end spoiler

orthodoc 03-08-2014 12:47 AM

Home after five days on a fatality investigation. It was draining, but I also met some inspiring people. Happy to be home.

Carruthers 03-08-2014 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I trimmed the Buddleia this afternoon. Loathing gardening as I do, it isn't the actual pruning that makes me happy, it is the fact that it marks the end of winter as far as I am concerned. The 'Butterfly Bush' as it is sometimes known, benefits from a fierce cutting back that verges on the brutal but it pays dividends in the long run. By early July it will be a mass of blooms that will, with a bit of luck, be covered in butterflies.
For what it's worth, here are the before and after shots. Don't say you weren't warned.