The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Aliantha 10-23-2008 05:42 PM

Dazza gets home today! :) He'll be here in about 8 hours! Wooohooooo!!!

Stress Puppy 10-23-2008 07:54 PM

I just received (Well, three hours ago) the first of two of my birthday packages. The other should be here some time next week, I think.

I'm ridiculously excited over these :)

dar512 10-23-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stress Puppy (Post 496936)
I just received (Well, three hours ago) the first of two of my birthday packages. The other should be here some time next week, I think.

I'm ridiculously excited over these :)

You're never too old to be happy about getting something in the mail (or UPS or Fedex for that matter).

Crimson Ghost 10-23-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 496555)
Congratulations!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 496593)
Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 496621)
WTG - Good for both of you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 496701)
Hey, congratulations CG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 496706)
Congrats!!! Woo-hoo! I wonder if anything "special" is planned. Oh I am so nosy..So, is there anything special planned?

:)

Thanks, folks.
Went out to dinner, now we're watching Abbott & Costello's "Who Done It?", and later, we're gonna try and break the bedframe.

monster 10-23-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 496956)
later, we're gonna try and break the bedframe.

she gave you a new sledgehammer?

Stress Puppy 10-24-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 496945)
You're never too old to be happy about getting something in the mail (or UPS or Fedex for that matter).

It's more the content of the packages. This one has 3 decks of cards and the how-to for a magic trick. The one for next week has 6 decks of cards.

Treasenuak 10-24-2008 09:15 AM

wow... that would be one hell of a poker game...

glatt 10-24-2008 10:02 AM

There's a guy with my name on Gmail. He's some kind of literature or film teacher, and I sometimes get e-mails from his students with creative writing attached. At first, I tried to point them in the right direction. I even Googled the guy, got his contact information, and explained that a lot of his students were sending their homework to me instead of to him. When it kept happening, I started just deleting their e-mails and not responding. I figured when they got a zero for not turning their work in, that would be a good life lesson for them on the importance of properly addressing things.

Anyway, today I got an e-mail from one of his students, and I was about to delete it, when I saw that he finished with "did you watch Tiger on Beat yet?"

I had forgotten all about this martial arts film I'd seen almost 20 years ago at a DC film festival, and how much I loved it. Tiger on Beat was the best martial arts film I had seen up until that point in my life, and I had been watching them whenever they came on TV, so I had a lot to compare it to. It had the most spectacular and realistic looking action sequences ever. There's even a scene with a chainsaw fight, and the chainsaws are real chainsaws that cut through wood on film during the fight scenes.

I responded to this kid, and told him that I loved the movie, but that I'm not his teacher.

So today it's making me happy that I was reminded about this great movie, and I plan to see if Netflix has it, so I can watch it again.

HungLikeJesus 10-24-2008 11:05 AM

glatt, interesting story and thanks for the movie suggestion. I tried to find it on Netflix, but could not. I looked under "Tiger on Beat," "Lo foo chut gang" and Yun-Fat Chow, but no luck.

Crimson Ghost 10-24-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 496957)
she gave you a new sledgehammer?

Nah, but the word "piledriver" was used a few times....

glatt 10-24-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 497118)
I tried to find it on Netflix, but could not.

Rats. Now I need to go post on the other thread that I'm sad Netflix doesn't have it.

HungLikeJesus 10-24-2008 11:25 AM

glatt, have you see 36th Chamber of Shaolin? I'd recommend that - and Netflix has it.

glatt 10-24-2008 11:45 AM

No. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add it to the queue.

I actually don't watch that much kung fu anymore. But it sounds like a good one.

Sundae 10-24-2008 08:45 PM

Forget my gripes about Diz earlier. I can't sleep, and he is say in the hollow created by my crossed legs with his face pressed up against my torso, sound asleep (twitching and dreaming). It's so adorable. And I do (adore him). I can live with red glitter for a bit.

Also, because I'm a bit down I've revisited Tiny Planets. It's so soothing. I'm about ready to sleep now. I watched it when I was off with depression, and the Word Association thread gifted me with the memory tonight. It still works.

Night all.

Ibby 10-25-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 497444)
so um
major major updates.
really dont feel like detailing the whole thing
but um lemme simplify
i'm in a sort-of relationship (like friends with benefits but closer and exclusive) with this really really rad but... not extremely attractive (don't get me wrong, she's really cute and has a beautiful smile though, im not saying shes UNattractive) girl who's apparently had a crush on me for a while and who i (obviously) think is really rad

well she come over around 6:15 with a 10 o'clock curfew to watch some doctor who with me.
we got through about an episode and a half before it prettymuch turned into a makeout session.
a really, really, really good makeout session.
my mom's asleep on the couch in the den, right off the living room where we are, so i say, here, lets go sit over here, in the little nook sorta by the front door
but the chairs are just too small and its not so comfortable
and im like... would it be over the line if we like, did this in my room?
and she goes, not to me..!
so we proceed to lay on my bed and makeout for the next hour or so
and i just got back from dropping her off at her house just in time for curfew.

oh man. its so nice being with someone who isn't a lesbian.