The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 02-19-2014 08:05 AM

stalky stalky..... :lol:

what a nice happy for the morning.

Lola Bunny 02-19-2014 09:59 AM

Oh how so cool. I would love to see a selfie of Sundae and Carruther.

orthodoc 02-19-2014 10:18 AM

Just got word that I'll be spending the first week of March in New Mexico on a field investigation. I've never been there before; I hope we have a chance to look around a bit.

DanaC 02-19-2014 10:46 AM

I got an early Birfday card from Sundae! Hilarious envelope. She'd written around it about going to the zoo and seeing a bearded collie that looked like Carrot, except that dogs aren't allowed in zoos in case they scare the infinite monkeys.

Made me laugh. As did the card. 'It's grim up North'.

Ahhh. It's the little things.

Thanks hon :)

@ Orth: that sounds great. What sort of field investigation?

orthodoc 02-19-2014 12:52 PM

It's a fatality investigation, unfortunately.

Our team gathers information that we pool with information from similar cases with the goal of formulating recommendations that will hopefully avert future fatal incidents.

Lola Bunny 02-19-2014 01:38 PM

Ortho: If you've never been down south, be prepare for the heat. I'll be hot and humid by then. Not the extreme heat of summer, but it'll be hot by northerners' standard.

orthodoc 02-21-2014 12:11 AM

Thanks, Lola, I'll pack for hot temperatures. I was going to put everything in a carry-on, but with the new warnings I've begun to wonder if a checked bag might spare me an up-close-and-personal interview with security. :right:

monster 02-21-2014 10:16 PM

what new warnings? and are you going to a body farm?

orthodoc 02-21-2014 10:40 PM

The DHS has issued a general warning to airlines to be on high alert for new types of shoe bombs. I was thinking that traveling without checked luggage might put me in the 'suspicious' category, but it turns out they're mainly focusing on flights inbound to the US.

Not a body farm, we're investigating an occupational fatality.

monster 02-21-2014 11:31 PM

I didn't see the warning :( 16yo is about to take her first flight without us. :/

sexobon 02-22-2014 02:45 AM

To be on the safe side, you might have to start booking your kids on naturists' flights!

monster 02-23-2014 12:15 PM

That's a DOM creepy comment :mad:

sexobon 02-24-2014 06:52 PM

No shoe bombs or underwear bombs to worry about. :p:

Aliantha 02-25-2014 06:35 PM

I got my shit together and made a couple of large glasses of vege/fruit juice with the slow juicer today. It had carrot, beetroot, celery, ginger, cucumber, tomato, apple and nectarine. It doesnt taste like any juice you'd buy, but it's surprisingly refreshing and incredibly filling. Yum.

orthodoc 02-25-2014 06:58 PM

Sounds great, Ali! I've tried juicing but have been put off by the cleanup-time:enjoyment-of-juice-time ratio. However, I remain tempted. When you say 'slow juicer', do you mean a masticating juicer?

I had some good news today - my abstract on cardiac implanted electronic devices and workplace hazards/mitigation/medical clearance was accepted for a poster presentation at the ACOEM national conference in late April.