The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

footfootfoot 08-11-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elSicomoro (Post 966412)
Hang in there...3 more days.

:D:D:D

BigV 08-11-2016 10:32 PM

What's making me happy today tonight.

A Perseid Meteor Shower, the best in a decade!

Go! Go outside now!!!

Clodfobble 08-11-2016 11:33 PM

He said yes.

Can't say who just yet. But this place being what it is, at least a few of you will very much recognize the name. I am beside myself. Still keep questioning whether the phone call even really happened. In a few days I get to pitch the already-sanctioned ghostwritten memoir of a really cool dude. And there is absolutely no way they will say no.

Griff 08-12-2016 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 966454)
What's making me happy today tonight.

A Perseid Meteor Shower, the best in a decade!

Go! Go outside now!!!

In a thunderstorm? We won't be seeing it.

Griff 08-12-2016 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 966456)
He said yes.

Can't say who just yet. But this place being what it is, at least a few of you will very much recognize the name. I am beside myself. Still keep questioning whether the phone call even really happened. In a few days I get to pitch the already-sanctioned ghostwritten memoir of a really cool dude. And there is absolutely no way they will say no.

:)

Gravdigr 08-12-2016 06:20 AM

Don't know what this means, but, if you're happy, I'm happy for ya.:)

Pico and ME 08-14-2016 10:35 AM

Drinking beer and organizing. Yeah. I'm weird....I love to organize my shit. And tonight, I'm gonna go the fuck ahead and rent a goddamn movie from On Demand. fuck it...:p:

elSicomoro 08-14-2016 12:00 PM

We got everything out of the old house yesterday. I have junk haulers going over there tomorrow to clean the rest of our unwanted crap out.

Remind us never to move again...

footfootfoot 08-14-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 966621)
Drinking beer and organizing. Yeah. I'm weird....I love to organize my shit. And tonight, I'm gonna go the fuck ahead and rent a goddamn movie from On Demand. fuck it...:p:

Damn. If you were closer I'd hire you to organize the hell out of my house. And then, if I had money left over I'd let you organize the hell out of my life.

Damn ADD makes it hard to organize

SQUIRREL!

:drool:

elSicomoro 08-15-2016 04:26 PM

Sometimes, all you need is a small fan to make all the difference.

Our house's second floor (where my office is) is warmer than the first floor, and I don't want to lower the thermostat. So I pulled out a small fan we had at the old house that we didn't use, and...ahhhh...

elSicomoro 08-25-2016 11:56 AM

Job status: acquired.

Gravdigr 08-25-2016 12:00 PM

:cheerldr:

glatt 08-25-2016 12:05 PM

Congratulations!

Gravdigr 08-25-2016 12:28 PM

Bruce is back!

elSicomoro 08-25-2016 08:19 PM

Thank you for your good wishes and support as I begin a new adventure!

Starting next week, I will be in Detroit for 10 weeks, helping set up offices that will serve as headquarters for folks working voter registration drives. It utilizes some of my core strengths while providing service to others and opportunity for growth. I could wind up traveling to other states depending on how polling goes and/or where needs arise.

This is the kind of work I've wanted to do for some time, but hadn't found the right opportunity. Now I have, and look forward to the challenges and benefits of the role. I had originally applied for a position closer to home, but this is where the help is most needed right now. It will suck to be separated from my family for 10 weeks, but they are very supportive and I love them so much for that.

Let's do this!