The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 08-22-2007 08:59 PM

I flew to Spokane, Washington, this morning, then drove west about two hours, with two of my co-workers. Right now I'm sitting in a hotel, looking across the street at the Grand Coulee Dam (I think it's the largest in the US).

The weather is beautiful. I'm due downstairs in two minutes and we're going to go find some dinner. And maybe a beer.

yesman065 08-22-2007 09:48 PM

My car insurance is going DOWN $400 a year next month!

kerosene 08-23-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfalicious (Post 376790)
nice! much better idea than The Man's. He refused to scold the cat, or wake me up to scold the cat, so he took various household items and piled them in front of the door: chair, ironing board, rolling suitcase, stereo speaker, trashcan, pillow... I got up in the middle of the night to piss and saw the pile of crap and thought fuck my bladder, not attempting to step over all that.

If you try it, let me know if it works. And you will want to wear slippers at night (obviously, I think.)

fargon 08-23-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 376548)
In about 10 hours I am moving into my first house with 4 of my friends and tonight I spent the evening with my girlfriend and friends showing them around the campus at U of I. College is awesome.

Your not moving into 601 S. Busey are you?
Also We are very pleased that Briana is back!!!

DanaC 08-23-2007 11:52 AM

Me and my friend, J (female J, not male J) went 'shopping' this afternoon. Now, neither of us likes clothes shopping particularly, and this wasn't fun clothes shopping, this was sensible shopping for clothes that are suitable to politicking and giving a good impression. Dull, dull, dull.

We made it to Leeds, parked up, got as far as my favourite sushi bar ...and spent about an hour and a half in there eating sushi and green tea cheesecake, and drinking bottles of lager. So then, we thought hey....we really had better go at least look in a clothing store. We did, but by then we were running out on our parking ticket and J had to get back to Hebden Bridge for 5, so we just looked and left. So basically, we went to Leeds, walked about in the sun chatting and lodged ourselves in a great sushi bar. Good afternoon in the end :)

Deuce 08-23-2007 08:35 PM

Received a message today from our dear daughter that included the line "I love you!"

*Big* highlight. :)

Thank you sweetheart, I love you too.

Ibby 08-24-2007 09:00 AM

Wednesday:
First day of tryouts for the school musical, Once Upon A Mattress.
spent four hours on the phone with caro. either shes leading me on (entirely possible) or i really do have a chance with her again maybe.
Thursday:
Second day of tryouts. Characterization audition went great. practice for vocal audition - i think i sang better than i ever have before in my life.
GUITAR CAME, expect pictures of me showing it off soon

Today:
Vocal auditions. Not quite as good as yesterday but I think I did pretty good, especially compared to some of the other guys. i should know what part i got tomorrow.
field day at school - i got out of having to actually do field day so i could photograph it for yearbook. that was fun.
then just now, back to school dance. shitty music, of course, but it was really fun, and i hung out with a group of kids im really starting to make friends with i think.

i just hope my recent string of good luck this week holds out.

jester 08-24-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 377923)
Why the f*ck do I even come in here?

Because you like us;) And some of us know what you're going thru -for the support.

kerosene 08-24-2007 11:47 AM

I like seeing you in here, Deuce.

HungLikeJesus 08-24-2007 01:08 PM

I'm checked out of the hotel, sitting in the lobby, waiting for my co-workers so we can catch a plane home. I just realized that my watch is set for Denver time and I'm an hour early.

Cicero 08-24-2007 01:40 PM

I am finally getting the adobe design suite standard in the mail! So I can actually get something done! My boss has finally come to her senses!! Awesome! YEAH!!!!

Sorry everyone...but it really is the little things sometimes.

fargon 08-24-2007 01:57 PM

they just condemned the building behind us. Now maby the condo owners will stop trying to get us lowlife renters evicted.

DanaC 08-24-2007 05:05 PM

Don't worry Deuce, we're right behind you still.

Clodfobble 08-24-2007 05:59 PM

I thought you were moving in a few days anyway, fargon?

I managed to get my whole kitchen scrubbed, vacuumed, and mopped this morning. Of course then lunch happened and now it's filthy again. As far as Mr. CF knows, the kitchen is never clean, ever.

Ibby 08-24-2007 07:14 PM

Ouch, didn't get a part. I was cast as an extra.
Oh well.