The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 02-20-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

I don't feel amazing, just so exhausted that I could lie down on the floor and go to sleep at any given moment.
But you haven't, have you. You've kept plodding on, with a course schedule that would make a 100% healthy person cringe, family drama that would snap a strong branch, and taking the time to keep us updated on the whole shooting match without whining/self-pity.
Awesome, lady, awesome. :notworthy

You know, it's a good thing Canucks aren't aggressive or the US would be in deep shit.

DanaC 02-20-2013 01:23 PM

yey ortho! Go girl!

@ Sundae: glad Dizcat is ok :)

footfootfoot 02-20-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 853722)
But you haven't, have you. You've kept plodding on, with a course schedule that would make a 100% healthy person cringe, family drama that would snap a strong branch, and taking the time to keep us updated on the whole shooting match without whining/self-pity.
Awesome, lady, awesome. :notworthy

You know, it's a good thing Canucks aren't aggressive or the US would be in deep shit.

^^^
WHS

orthodoc 02-20-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 853722)

That makes me think of the scene in Canadian Bacon where the Canadians are all getting pushed around, knocked down the hill etc., and they're calling out, "Sorry! So sorry, old chap! Excuse me for being in the way!" :lol:

Of course it's a fallacy that Canadians are unusually polite; just take in a hockey game to see the true Canuck personality. We all play hockey, growing up. It's required.

Griff 02-20-2013 07:50 PM

Maybe not happy but a small bit hopeful, for the time being, a couple kids will not be living with a belt wielding Dad or a beyond neglectful Mom whose friends use children for God only knows... tiny tiny hope

infinite monkey 02-21-2013 11:16 AM

Griff, you're an angel, you know? The things you see and deal with must break your heart sometimes. You're needed, and you make a difference. I admire that.

For me, kind of happy though I know it can be fleeting if I don't watch it: I really like my therapist. She gives me great advice on how to keep going with the skills i've been working on since the bin. It can be hard to remember to stop and think before my anxiety elevates to an unmanageable and inordinate level. It's a learned skill, and one not learned quickly or easily. It takes diligence. So I can't beat myself up when I slip, I just keep working on putting things into perspective.

She just really gets at the bottom line gist of things, or gets me to do that. I have lucked out on the therapist lottery.

Aliantha 02-21-2013 07:00 PM

Max loves Kiki

1 Attachment(s)
Of course, it's actually Max lying on Cleo, but so cute. I took this pic a week or so ago, but was just looking at it, and realised I had a big smile on my face. :)

Attachment 42943

Griff 02-21-2013 08:04 PM

:) Now I have a grin on!

Aliantha 02-21-2013 08:28 PM

He lays on her like that all the time, or sometimes he lays on the tiles and just uses her for a pillow and Sally, our mini foxy lies on Max. I don't know what that kid would do without his puppy dogs. He usually feeds them now too, which is great.

Pets are an essential part of childhood imo. Sometimes I've thought that our increasing urbanisation away from rural roots and general animal husbandry is half the problem with kids today. Some kids have never had a pet! I just can't envision a home without animal members in the family. As much as they can be very annoying at times (similar to teenagers really), you still love them.

DanaC 02-22-2013 05:03 AM

Beautiful! Kids and Dogs, go together like Ice and Cream.

What's making me happy today:

A birthday card from Sundae:) It is totally awesome. I'll take pics later and post. But it really put a huge smile on my face.

Ta muchly mate:)

[eta] hahahahahha I just read the back of the card - 'A Cherry and Diz Perduction' nicely done.

Sundae 02-22-2013 05:36 AM

Glad it arrived in polenta of time and glad you like it :)
I thought about it for Christmas for you & Limey, but as you know things were tricky then.

Figured it wouldn't hurt to be reminded of our trips whatever the time of year!

DanaC 02-22-2013 05:41 AM

It's wonderful :)

Christmasteers!

Trilby 02-22-2013 05:54 AM

Sundae is a member of two very exclusive and important groups:

The Christmasteers and the Strawberry Festival Queens.

Nice work, Sundae.

BigV 02-22-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 853801)
Maybe not happy but a small bit hopeful, for the time being, a couple kids will not be living with a belt wielding Dad or a beyond neglectful Mom whose friends use children for God only knows... tiny tiny hope

Is there such a thing as mandated reporters in your area Griff? Are you one?

BigV 02-22-2013 08:30 AM

@i.m. Very good news about your success with your therapist. That is such good news!

@ali I love that picture. You're right, teenagers are wonderful yet challenging pets. I think all parents should give their kids a chance at such an important experience. Wonderful, wonderful photo. Thanks.