The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 05-11-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 733110)
This morning, I woke up before Baby. It was light already, and the sun was filtering through blinds on the window. The slatted light hit her just so. I lay there for probably a half-hour, just watching her sleep. Watching her breathe. Listening to her barely audible little grunts and noises she makes in her sleep.

I do loves me some Baby.:D

There might be a poem in there somewhere.

Did you sing some Rod Stewart?
"The morning sun, when it's in your face..."

Tulip 05-11-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 732947)
Today, Tiger asked me to tell him before I went home.

When I told him it was time for me to leave he put his arms around me and kissed my cheek! I smiled all the way home.

Still smiling though.

Something about a child's kiss that's heartwarming. :) I'm still smiling with you. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 733110)
This morning, I woke up before Baby. It was light already, and the sun was filtering through blinds on the window. The slatted light hit her just so. I lay there for probably a half-hour, just watching her sleep. Watching her breathe. Listening to her barely audible little grunts and noises she makes in her sleep.

Awww....this makes me smile too.

Big Sarge 05-11-2011 05:07 PM

Gravdigr has a baby?? Who's the mommy? I knew he had a thing going with Monster but I think they broke up. Is he dating that new girl on here? Penis Spam??

plthijinx 05-11-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 733143)
Gravdigr has a baby??........

you don't think it had anything to do with a chicken and celery recipe do you?!? :eek:

footfootfoot 05-11-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 733169)
you don't think it had anything to do with a chicken and celery recipe do you?!? :eek:

Could be...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vbrMa5TSSd...head_large.jpg

ZenGum 05-12-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 733174)

I would never buy a hat from that shop. Look at the picture - there is NO WAY that hat would fit on Cabbage-head dude's cabbagey head. Their sales staff are hopeless!

footfootfoot 05-12-2011 08:20 AM

But it IS the latest style...

Sundae 05-12-2011 12:46 PM

So, after my intended strong stance on Tiger-kisses yesterday, I actually had two today.
I promise I will address this next week. Just one more tomorrow...

Thursday is my late day and I always try to stretch the session as long as his concentration allows. Today it was 40 minutes, a record! After that I wrote up my notes, then was asked to take a pupil to First Aid because he'd been accidentally stepped on - the joys of Reception!

When I got back to the class, Tiger & Tennant were in the cloakroom. They were checking if my bag was there because they thought I might have left. I reassured Tiger that I would always say goodbye to him in future.

I'd told Mrs P that Tiger had some holiday pictures in his diary (kept by parents). Parents were asked if they could share any holiday photos to help with our seaside theme this term. Tiger won't often put himself forward when he has something to tell, but he tells me and I can intercede.

Consequently he was invited to show and tell at 14.30, my going home time. Instead I took a seat and enjoyed the "presentation", which I know helped him to talk to the class, because he could check my face for reassurance and see I was smiling.

So as I left, he kissed me, then after I'd got my bag he came up to kiss me again. Yes I know - it's even more important not to let this become a ritual (esp considering his OCD) but Monday... Monday... Secret handshake begins Monday....

Oh and great session with him today. We had an empty room to ourselves. Miss D (trainee teacher) came to observe and he wasn't fazed by that at all. So much better than last week when we had to cut the session short - too much distraction, Tiger in a super-fizzy mood (as was the whole school that day it seemed) and just no focus.

Gravdigr 05-12-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 733117)
Is 'Baby' the name you've given her on the Cellar for anonymity, or do you actually call her that?

For anonymity's sake, I refer to her as 'Baby' here. But, she gets called all kinds of things: Baby, Honey, Sugartits, Honeypants...she likes Darlin (w/no 'g')

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 733140)
Did you sing some Rod Stewart?
"The morning sun, when it's in your face..."

Oh, hell noes!! The next line is "really shows your age", :lol2:, but that don't worry me none, cause in my eyes she's everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 733143)
Gravdigr has a baby?? Who's the mommy? I knew he had a thing going with Monster but I think they broke up. Is he dating that new girl on here? Penis Spam??

Oh, that's just funny as a train wreck.:right:

I kid, that was funny. A little.

Clodfobble 05-12-2011 01:40 PM

Insurance has reversed their initial denial, and now the pill cam procedures have been approved for both kids. Fuckin-A, man.

glatt 05-12-2011 01:53 PM

They did the bare minimum after trying not to do even that. But it's still worth celebrating.

classicman 05-12-2011 02:01 PM

Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo
That is the best news of the day!

footfootfoot 05-12-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 733366)
Insurance has reversed their initial denial, and now the pill cam procedures have been approved for both kids. Fuckin-A, man.

Glad to hear that. I took the liberty of forwarding them the link of you saying words sarcastically.

Sundae 05-13-2011 01:34 AM

Clod, you should be running the UN by now, with your patience, tangles with bureaucracy and dogged fighting skills.

I guess that incident in the liquor store really held you back, huh?

Clodfobble 05-13-2011 07:38 AM

You wouldn't believe how good those UN guys are with google image searching!