The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

TheMercenary 08-06-2009 01:12 PM

Looking good Cap!

Flint 08-06-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 586336)
This evening, I shall be dining on yummy, delicious sushi. Haven't had sushi in over a year - I'm really looking forward to it!

Have you been pregnant?

Jaydaan 08-07-2009 01:06 AM

My hubby was surfing for a "surprise" for me, and BOY did he surprise me.. he bought me a lingerie/toy business!!! :)

I guess we both have a second job now"!! ROFL

ZenGum 08-07-2009 04:54 AM

When you say "toy" business ... we're not talking building blocks and barbie dolls, are we?

capnhowdy 08-07-2009 06:53 AM

I will pick up my bike this afternoon from the shop. They're mounting new saddle bags for me.

At least I can be happy about it all day..... until I write the check. OUCH!

Sundae 08-07-2009 07:32 AM

ETA: All links are to the Cellar.

Got my pottery yesterday. Here and here.

And found out Timothy Dalton will be in Dr Who. Here.

My (chilli) peppers are finally blooming. Here.

Sorry for the self-referencing.
Okay, not really sorry ;)

But these are all reasons to be cheerful, and I wanted to share them with you.
I've been having a shitty time of it recently.
My own fault - but of course that's why it's made me even more miserable.
But it looks like it's turning round, and if I can love life again - or tbh, even be on nodding terms with it - it's a vast improvement.

Trilby 08-07-2009 09:14 AM

I LOVE the pottery!!!!! I think that bowl is absolutely stunning and I covet it!! goody goody! A real "forever" piece.

Yay for Dr. Who and yay on your chili peppers! Beautiful containers and may I congratulate you on growing them in a temperate zone! You are doing very well, sweetie. I can't even get off my own ass and I've no excuse except Extreme Laziness. All these things are good-good-good. All very life-affirming stuff.

Now excuse me while I go lie on the couch. For the next 24 hours. I'll be reading and eating.

Shawnee123 08-11-2009 12:59 PM

It's only been a month since my car was slammed into (yes, I'm being sarcastic) but finally the other ins comp has accepted liability. My attorney is calling them then letting me know the details. This should avoid me paying the deductible and waiting for reimbursement. If they go just a little faster then I might still be able to find a car almost like the one I bought (don't remember if I mentioned they totalled it out.)

Baby steps to the light at the end of the funnel. I know it's supposed to be tunnel but I feel as if I've been shoved through a funnel.

Trilby 08-11-2009 01:20 PM

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...funnel cake....Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Shawnee123 08-11-2009 01:21 PM

That is so funny...I walked into the quad at lunch and I SWEAR I smelled sugar waffles or funnel cakes or some such confection. Man that sounds good! :)

Sundae 08-11-2009 01:49 PM

Good luck with the car Shawnee... These things never move forward at more than a crawl :(

Happy today because it's butterfly season!
I've seen so many Cabbage Whites in the last three weeks I was beginning to believe they were the only butterflies left in this country. But the last few days I've seen Tortoiseshells, Painted Ladies, Red Admirals and Peacocks too (listed in order of my preference!). Still more Cabbage Whites than anything though - and they all seem to be mating above the 'rents' garden. Maybe that's why there's so many of them?!

It's lovely though - a constant movement above the garden.

Shawnee123 08-11-2009 01:54 PM

It sounds very lovely. Maybe I'll get off my butt next spring and plant a butterfly-attracting garden...and put out some hummingbird feeders. :)

Sundae 08-11-2009 02:12 PM

We have three buddlia - aka butterfly bushes - in the vicinity. One in our garden and another one each in the neighbours' gardens to the left and right. Also we have roses and dog roses along each side.

Oh and the dense whirring of wings comes from the fact my Dad spends a fortune on birdseed. I didn't realise (and I bet Mum doesn't) until the prodigious amount he left out/ filled up was gone five days after they left. Okay, it's pretty cheap by the sack, but they get through one a fortnight! I've refilled the grain feeders, but they've had to do without the fat balls. Then again, they've been getting Grandad's leftover bread, and Diz's leftover chicken... Although I can't guarantee a local cat hasn't snarfed that.

How I'd love to be able to get hummingbirds!

limey 08-11-2009 02:15 PM

:eek: She said "fat balls" (snigger) :D

TheMercenary 08-11-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 587229)
... the fact my Dad spends a fortune on birdseed...

Me too. :D