The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

fargon 09-14-2020 08:05 AM

Most Excellent.

Gravdigr 09-14-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1058035)
Very tidy looking.

Tidy, that's the word.

Good job.

Belle 09-15-2020 04:33 AM

My Son, he is making me happy today. He is just few months older.

Gravdigr 09-15-2020 08:30 PM

What's making you happy today?

Got m'car back from the car doctor yesterday afternoon.

New drums, shoes, spring kit for the rear. Apperently, there was a miscommunication and no work was done under the hood, so, I still have the intermittent very high idle issue. If/when I take care of that, that'll be everything mechanical that needs attn.

I was expecting a very large bill, but got out for under $200.

Clodfobble 09-15-2020 08:46 PM

That's not bad at all! Half the time they charge that much just to look at you sideways.

monster 09-16-2020 12:09 AM

agreed.

Wish I could lend you bikerboi -he's a dab hand on the engine side of things, but you're a tad far away. He bought a "project" bike this summer for $700 including a shitload of spare parts and tools that he had to push to the workshop (my garage), has only spent a few hours actually working on it (several more on research, I think) and maybe $100, but has done all sorts of weird shit like changing the diameter of some holes on the carbs so all the cycles are correct (do I sound like I understood ll that he told me? ;) ) and now he's riding it as his regular bike. Reckons it's worth a few $K. He does similar things with cars too. Weirdo.

oops that turned into a rambling brag, didn't mean it to, but he does impress me. His money sense outside of cars and bikes is for shit tho..... :D

Gravdigr 09-16-2020 12:11 AM

I was ok with the bill, but it really was just a glorified rear brake job...[/meh] I was expecting fair-to-serious problems.

Not to mention the fact that I know the guy. Prolly charged me extra cuz he knows me!:lol2:

monster 09-16-2020 12:21 AM

$200 for any brake job is pretty unheard of up here.....

xoxoxoBruce 09-16-2020 01:01 AM

Not bad for a drum job but I wonder what took so long. I guess he figured he could slide it down the priority list because you couldn't come yell at him... he had your car. ;)

Griff 09-16-2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1058103)
agreed.

Wish I could lend you bikerboi -he's a dab hand on the engine side of things, but you're a tad far away. He bought a "project" bike this summer for $700 including a shitload of spare parts and tools that he had to push to the workshop (my garage), has only spent a few hours actually working on it (several more on research, I think) and maybe $100, but has done all sorts of weird shit like changing the diameter of some holes on the carbs so all the cycles are correct (do I sound like I understood ll that he told me? ;) ) and now he's riding it as his regular bike. Reckons it's worth a few $K. He does similar things with cars too. Weirdo.

oops that turned into a rambling brag, didn't mean it to, but he does impress me. His money sense outside of cars and bikes is for shit tho..... :D

That is a cool brag. If he's ever bored he can come rebuild my Dad's Farmall H.

footfootfoot 09-16-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1058098)
That's not bad at all! Half the time they charge that much just to look at you sideways.

You can save a lot of money by walking around to face them. Mechanics hate that one simple trick.

Gravdigr 09-17-2020 03:45 PM

Noted.

BigV 09-22-2020 08:30 PM

My friends, my family.

Thanks guys. :D

MetalHead 10-03-2020 11:22 AM

wear scarves, with summer here the same 5 dresses, but different scarves, changes it up!

Also, keep a list of things you need. Great idea...

Also have a couple go - to outfits, when you can't find anything else.. I have some that are comfy and cute, so when I'm feeling bloated or the days that nothing works, they always do! :)

limey 10-03-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHead (Post 1058981)
wear scarves, with summer here the same 5 dresses, but different scarves, changes it up!

Also, keep a list of things you need. Great idea...

Also have a couple go - to outfits, when you can't find anything else.. I have some that are comfy and cute, so when I'm feeling bloated or the days that nothing works, they always do! :)

Bit of a non-sequitur there, Metalhead, but welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk