The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 06-02-2011 07:30 PM

Talked to another Dwellar tonight.
They might share the experience, but until they do I'll be private.
Except to say they are super cool potatoes.

And it's a Dwellar with babbas and they are also SCP too.

Lola feel free to give me your number. I do really call Dwellars :)
I can give you the right was to say any number of things, from twat to schedule!

I have Skype, but the 'rents phone package gives free evening and weekend calls anyway. I did not think this included overseas, but Mum says it does, so I'm happy to go at it. If it turns out not to, it's her fault after all (heh heh heh) by which I mean I'll add it to the amount I owe them and am paying back in installments - mostly the Diz cat's extraordinary vet bill.....

Oh and the bottom line is, Skype (which I have) or telephone, I can't make or receive calls after 22.00 GMT. Which is 17.00 where tonight's Dwellar lives. Right now that limits me far more than cost.

I'm only on here now because it's the last night before the 'rents are back, and I snoozed this afternoon so I could make the most of it. I expected to be in bed two hours ago, but am now waiting for Diz, who is also making the most of the relaxed rules and seeing a post-midnight world.

Griff 06-03-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 737840)
What's crushing, these days? Sonspex got 1970, which is making me happy today.

Congrats! I'd say the boy smacked it around pretty well! She knocked down a 2010. She a right smaatie but I know a boy who won't say what he got... so I'm thinking he is at or up against the 2400 (?) mark.

monster 06-03-2011 08:34 PM

I get to sleep in my own bed in my own room and not in a piss-filed dutch-oven dormitory

zippyt 06-03-2011 08:50 PM

BigV 06-03-2011 09:07 PM

sweeeeeeeeeet!

Lola Bunny 06-03-2011 10:48 PM

What a wonderful way to spend on a Friday afternoon. Nice looking pool, Zippy!

Anyways, just wanted to say I spoke to Sundae on the phone this afternoon and that made me happy! :D She is just the sweetest thing. Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and a big muah!!!! Thank you for calling!

Clodfobble 06-03-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae
Talked to another Dwellar tonight.
They might share the experience, but until they do I'll be private.
Except to say they are super cool potatoes.

It was meeee!! I loved getting to talk to Sundae. And she even sang a brief duet with Minifob. It was the most adorable thing. I highly recommend the personalized Sundae Experience.

Griff 06-04-2011 07:16 AM

Damn that is the shit zip, nice setup.

footfootfoot 06-04-2011 07:47 AM

I know what to get zippy for his birthday.

Spexxvet 06-04-2011 07:54 AM

Nice setup, Zip. Everybody should have a spare goose!;)

DucksNuts 06-05-2011 03:06 AM

Just picked up my Nissan Murano....sooooo in love. I love having heated leather seats again!!

Its so pretty, Im thinking the boy doesnt need to come back.

casimendocina 06-05-2011 03:12 AM

Do they vibrate too?

DucksNuts 06-05-2011 04:35 AM

No, we have corrugated roads :)

casimendocina 06-05-2011 05:50 AM

Scary.

BigV 06-05-2011 02:24 PM

Rrrraven taught me a new Picasa trick for naming faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rrrraven 06-05-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 738437)
Rrrraven taught me a new Picasa trick for naming faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, you're so easy today... ;)

zippyt 06-05-2011 11:22 PM

It works great !!!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2194/...c26408b1_z.jpg
100_0009 by zippyt, on Flickr
All it took was a 5 gallon Bucket and some water proof grout and a Piece of Pvc and a Beach unbrella ,
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2363/...63b4d47e_z.jpg
100_0010 by zippyt, on Flickr
instant Pool shade

Lola Bunny 06-05-2011 11:27 PM

what you got on the bottom of the pool?

zippyt 06-05-2011 11:30 PM

under the pool i have sand ,
in the pool i have a 5 gallon bucket full of grout( cement ) to hold the beach umbrella for shade on a 100 f day

Lola Bunny 06-05-2011 11:32 PM

Looks like tiles. Very pretty.

Spexxvet 06-06-2011 09:43 AM

That's the print on a "plastic" liner.

Sundae 06-06-2011 01:28 PM

Trying to sell the 'rents on the concept of marinated food.
My previous results have not been wholly successful I admit.
Not disasters, but nothing special. Like with the controversial and expensive slow-cooked pork; simply not amazing enough to justify the effort or price.

So this time I've used a shop-bought marinade.
And we're using up Diz-cats uneaten chicken wings.
I don't mean his leftovers, I mean the pack of defrosted wings I will not feed him after he tried to kill himself on Mayday. M'aidez indeed.

Anyway, tasting it (BEFORE it came into contact with raw chicken!) it's all good.
It now has approx 24 hours to yummy itself up.
Oops, say 22-ish because I didn't apply it this hour, but I do have to cook it.

And what else?
Sorry, so boring, but....
School tomorrow! Start a new programme with the Lamb - a whole new series of 1:1's to develop and progress with. And of course back to Tiger, although my language 1:1 work is winding down and it's mostly working on social and emotional issues - a lot of which are observational.

Gotta really get the hang of social stories before the summer holidays.
From not being able to think of any, I have two which have been bubbling under all half-term. I'm just waiting for input from the Speech Therapist (who I'll see soon) because I'm terrified of getting them wrong.

But happy happy joy joy anyway.
Chicken and school and school and chicken!

HungLikeJesus 06-06-2011 05:40 PM

I got in some bicycle riding this weekend - about 94 miles and 4100 feet ascent.

BigV 06-06-2011 08:08 PM

are you high?

how many feet down?

BigV 06-06-2011 08:09 PM

making me happy today is my progress in the backyard thanks to the inspiration from zippyt. I don't have the pool setup, but it is habitable now.

Thanks zippyt!

TheMercenary 06-07-2011 05:53 PM

Raking in the veggies from the garden. Good to eat what you grow.

footfootfoot 06-07-2011 07:53 PM

chuckles is salted and scraped, it's my first one not sure if I went too far or not. Now it is in the lime water de-hairing solution.

Picking up brains tomorrow. Need to come up with a smoker next.

Clodfobble 06-07-2011 09:57 PM

I got a perfect score on my first Anatomy test.

Jokes about carnal knowledge aside, it feels really good to be hardcore memorizing crap again. I enjoy it way too much.

classicman 06-07-2011 09:59 PM

Congrats!

glatt 06-08-2011 07:27 AM

Excellent!

BigV 06-08-2011 10:58 AM

Why must we set aside the jokes about carnal knowledge?

perfect.... anatomy

feels really good to be hardcore ...

carnal knowledge ... enjoy it way too much

Come on, people!

infinite monkey 06-09-2011 07:28 AM

I'm alive, free, and healthy.

After yesterday, those things make me happiest of all. :)

(this commercial break brought to you by the letter H and the number 2. The opinions expressed are solely the opinion of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cellar managment. This post may not be reproduced without express written consent of the poster. PM me!)

footfootfoot 06-09-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 738961)
Why must we set aside the jokes about carnal knowledge?

This is Clodfobble, dude. You don't step on the tiger's tail.

Clodfobble 06-09-2011 10:50 AM

Give me a couple more years, and it'll be a cougar's tail, right?

footfootfoot 06-09-2011 10:56 AM

See? That's what I'm talking about.

classicman 06-09-2011 11:01 AM

very niiiiiceeeee

BigV 06-09-2011 11:03 AM

ROAR!

My days as cougar prey are behind me, but that does nothing to reduce my enjoyment of baiting them.

Bullitt 06-09-2011 07:50 PM

I had a cougar nurse eyeballing and smiling at me at the children's hospital today.

I was okay with it.

DucksNuts 06-11-2011 04:49 AM

Dont knock it until you try it Bullitt!!

If the young, young boy at the supermarket wasnt jailbait - man I'd have a crack at that!!

footfootfoot 06-11-2011 08:57 AM

Joined my local Rod and Gun club last night. Very excited.

Nirvana 06-11-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 739595)

You are not looking to add to your freezer collection are you? :eyebrow:

hoping there are no animal heads on poles in Footy's back yard

infinite monkey 06-11-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Around here it's called a Gentleman's Club. :lol:

Trilby 06-11-2011 09:38 AM

I'm happy that it isn't 400 degrees outside.

DanaC 06-11-2011 10:53 AM

I lost my iphone 4 in a taxi last week. The licensing department in town were just brilliant. The guy I spoke to went off to investigate, spoke to a couple of the drivers at the rank, and then talked to their unofficial representative (the one who tends to speak for them when things get taken to licensing committee). Apparently he told the guy that, since it was a high value item with a high resale value, he would be investigating further, and if noone brought it forward he would have to check the cctv near the ranks to see which cab I'd got into and which driver specifically and then investigate them.

Now, as he says, there's no way to know if the driver wuold have come forward anyway. He's a nightshift driver, so he may just not have had a chance to prior to this. But either way he got a phonecall later that day (thursday) to say that a phone had been found and would be dropped in with him the next day.

I spoke to the licensing guy yesterday and he had the phone, and it is definately an iphone. So unless I have been very unlucky and two people have both lost iphones in the back of cabs on the same night and going to the same place, it's mine ;)

I wasnt able to go collect it yesterday, so will go on Monday.

I am uber impressed with the way the licensing dept dealt with this. I very deliberately did not mention the fact I am a councillor, though it's possible my name was recognised. I do suspect though that this would have been their response either way. It's apparently quite a rare thing, and I know regarding other issues that they're pretty on the balll and very hands on.

squirell nutkin 06-11-2011 10:58 AM

You should bake them a batch of your special recipe brownies as a thanks.

DanaC 06-11-2011 11:17 AM

I'm not sure my special recipe brownies would assist in the smooth running of the council's licensing department...

squirell nutkin 06-11-2011 11:19 AM

point taken

Trilby 06-11-2011 11:41 AM

Locally-grown organic strawberries. Makes me happy.

Oh, and whipped cream.

That makes me happy, too.

BigV 06-13-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

did you know the UN wants to take away your guns?

skysidhe 06-13-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 739607)
You should bake them a batch of your special recipe brownies as a thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 739608)
I'm not sure my special recipe brownies would assist in the smooth running of the council's licensing department...

Great story!
and everyone like brownies special or not ;)

DanaC 06-14-2011 03:58 AM

.....and i have my i-phone back *skips up and down*

footfootfoot 06-14-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 739896)
did you know the UN wants to take away your guns?

I'll paraphrase Pat Condell,

They couldn't find their ass in the dark with both hands, I'm not sure how they'll get my gun(s)

Sundae 06-14-2011 02:26 PM

Holiday...Celebrate...!
For my birthday, the 'rents are taking me away to a seaside resort for four days!

[ungrateful]I would rather have had the money it costs[/ungrateful]
But the truth is I know they wanted a mini-break in England, and I know it's sort of an excuse.
I also know that Mum felt really guilty not taking me on holiday for Dad's 70th birthday, and slightly narked at my sister and family for their behaviour and attitude during said break. At least they know they can live with me (90% of the time) and that I will adhere to their schedules. I think one of the reasons she felt bad was that they were delayed thanks to the Icelandic volcano so I was The Hub for all calls Please note, I got money towards my trip to Amsterdam by not going on holiday with them - I have never regretted it or suggested otherwise to my parents in any way.

So I have decided to be totally positive about this, because it's a sign of their love and their trust that we can live in an even smaller space with no problems.

We're going to the seaside resort that Dad's parents went to as newlyweds - and the family have been going ever since - Great Yarmouth. It's on the East Coast of England and boasts miles of sandy beaches. When the weather is good it's a wonderful place for children. Well. Low-maintenance/ 80s children. You can play all day on a beach with a beach ball, a polysterene glider, a kite. And still have energy to walk for a mile down the seafront in the evening and get a bag of chips from the market.

We're staying in a caravan (static trailer?) on a holiday park. We'll probably have a big breakfast in the 'van, a snack lunch out (if that) and a home-cooked meal in the evening. There's a HUGE 24 hour ASDA (Walmart) nearby, so even if it's ready-meals it will be different for us (no ASDA in our town.) I expect to have at least one Mediterranean lunch - bread, olives, cheese, meats - they sell high quality items too.

And we'll head off to the Clubhouse for evening entertainment. It's free, but the drinks are extortionate. No worries, both the rents are expert in hiding drinks in pockets and handbags. We might buy £5.00 of drinks, but we keep hold of the glasses and refill as necessary! (Note, not just an alcofrolic thing, Cokes are £3.00!)

Actaully am more and more chuffed as I type.
YAY!
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES......... C'MON!

Lots more photos than anyone could ever want will follow.
Well, I'm not going til 25th July.
But you know me, I like to build things up!

jimhelm 06-15-2011 04:50 PM

OK.... this is pretty cool.

I won an iPad2. ...for doing my job like I would have anyway!

Just got it.

now what?

jimhelm 06-15-2011 05:28 PM

Ok.... I set my cell phone up as a mobile hotspot...and the very first website mr iPad has been to?

The cellar. Natch.

glatt 06-15-2011 08:20 PM

sweet!

DanaC 06-16-2011 05:48 AM

Wow! Awesome prize Jim!

monster 06-16-2011 08:26 AM

You know that floaty feeling when you've been walking miles with a heavy backpack, then you take it off? I have a friend who is feeling that way after ridding themselves of something unpleasant and their happy is contagious! :D

limey 06-16-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 740226)
... mr iPad ...?

Is this you now, Jim?

limey 06-16-2011 08:29 AM

Cool birthday jaunt Sundae! I have been to such a holiday park, it's a good base for simple old-fashioned fun :)
And coo-OOL Jim!
And wow, Dana!