The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 10-05-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 489957)
Can we have a picture of your knife, BigV?

I am just setting you up for the "that's not a knife ..." line.

I think that's a good idea for a thread. Show us your knife(ves)!

BigV 10-06-2008 01:32 AM

Ok.

The left hand must be punished. I don't think there's a picture of my knife in that thread... I'll update it with one soon though.

Sundae 10-06-2008 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 485031)
Also, I've found a place that does child mentoring. No guarantee I'll get through the serious interview phase (2.5 hour interview!) but I've submitted my application form. Like egg donation. at least I know I've tried even if I'm not suitable.

I'm through on the written application stage, and the telephone interview. So it's the big scary intense face-to-face next. If I don't get this I'll go and volunteer at Celia Hammond instead (cat charity, where I got Hely). They don't worry about you fucking with cats minds so much ;)

Sundae 10-06-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 485031)
Also, I've found a place that does child mentoring. No guarantee I'll get through the serious interview phase (2.5 hour interview!) but I've submitted my application form. Like egg donation. at least I know I've tried even if I'm not suitable.

I'm through on the written application stage, and the telephone interview. So it's the big scary intense face-to-face next. If I don't get this I'll go and volunteer at Celia Hammond instead (cat charity, where I got Hely). They don't worry about you fucking with cats minds so much ;)

limey 10-06-2008 04:57 AM

Ok so I'm a little late but YAY SHAWNEE!
Yay SG, too! Remember, at interview stage - they want to appoint you to the post so that they don't have to wonder who to appoint! You want the job, they want you to have it! Hold that thought ... ;)

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 07:58 AM

THANK YOU ALL! I'm still in shock, but as my mom pointed out on Sunday I had made it almost through the weekend without waking up so it must really be happening.

I have not officially accepted: I've thought about counter-offering but what they offered me is so amazing I can't imagine asking for more with a straight face.

I just told my boss. I cried. I really really like her and she has been there for me through thick and thin. She is very supportive, though, and knows I can't pass this up. She also pointed out that they can't come close to matching it: it's more than she makes as Director. How sad this place is in some ways, and yet how much I have become attached. But it's time to move on. At the very least I will let them know again that they have pushed our department too hard, and we (now "they") need help! Still, it's a tough decision, only because of my loyalty to my boss and my cow orkers.

SG--the world is our oyster, sistah! If I can do this, any of y'all can do ANYTHING! :)

Thanks, my dear friends, every last one of ya, for your support!

ZenGum 10-06-2008 08:01 AM

So now you can afford to hire some removalists to deal with HG, right?

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 08:03 AM

The Removalists? Would make a good novel or movie.

One thing at a time, but I guess if I'm going to start dealing with stuff HG will eventually show up on the list!

glatt 10-06-2008 10:20 AM

Shawnee, I just read your good news. That's awesome. I'm really happy for you. You really do deserve this better job. :thumb2:

Cicero 10-06-2008 11:21 AM

I am happy for you Shawnee, you deserve it! Hopefully you can get comfy quickly at the new place.

And get a freaking lap top so we don't always just see you at work! :) Woo-hoo! (OK one step at a time here)

You go girl!!

I'll be the jobless loser friend over here. You can point and laugh if you want, I can take it. :)

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 11:26 AM

I have the home computer, I just don't have the internet access. It's on the list!

I wouldn't point and laugh at you. I would, however, point and laugh WITH you! :)

News has traveled, I've gotten a lot of hugs and a lot of warm wishes and a lot of "we'll miss you" and a lot of affirmation that others who have moved on report that the grass really is greener.

Flint 10-06-2008 11:59 AM

I bought a Honda Odyssey this weekend.

Clodfobble 10-06-2008 02:02 PM

Sweet! Welcome to the land of minivans.

:borg:

jinx 10-06-2008 02:08 PM

I'm so sorry flint...

A friend of mine has one though - she loves it.

glatt 10-06-2008 02:29 PM

I understand the the Oddysey is regarded by many as the best minivan. Well done Flint.