The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Treasenuak 12-12-2008 08:34 AM

It snowed here a bit last night, so was able to introduce both the kidlet and the dog to snow! Kidlet couldn't understand why the snowflakes in her hand disappeared before she could eat them, and eventually was so disappointed by this TRAVESTY that I had to take her inside before she had a meltdown (-snicker-). The dog was HILARIOUS. She's a sixty pound hairball shepherd/collie bitzer, and she ran through the door like she always does to go outside... then tried to slam on the brakes when she realized the ground was FREAKING WHITE. This caused her to slip and slide on her butt across the back patio until she fell off the edge and hit the ground with an audible WHUMPF. She picked herself up off the ground, shook herself off, and stood for about two minutes staring up at the sky watching the snow fall. This was about the time Kidlet started to fuss about not being able to eat the white stuff, so I didn't get to see the rest of the dog's reaction, but it was still FUNNY!!

kerosene 12-12-2008 01:28 PM

It snowed at my step-kids' house in Southeast Texas. Apparently they even shut down school. The pictures were cool...I liked seeing palms with snow on them.

Now, here...it has to be 3 ft of snow before school gets canceled.

Shawnee123 12-12-2008 01:29 PM

Big fluffy flakes out my window right now, but nothing that should accumulate.

Juniper 12-12-2008 02:10 PM

UPS, Fedex and the mail carrier lady are bringing me lots of boxes. Yay, Christmas gifts, and no crazy shoppers at the store! Yay, eBay!

Sundae 12-12-2008 02:16 PM

Where are mine? You must have received mine?
Well I know my SS will arrive in the next 10 days, but damnit - every post brings at least 5 cards for my parents and I'm tired of it!

Sorry, it's the happy thread.
I'm still happy because what I sent was received and appreciated.
I'm easily pleased that way.

Juniper 12-12-2008 02:32 PM

Sorry, SG. If I had your address.... ;)

Which reminds me, I have to send something out to a couple people and I've been dragging my butt on it. Well, not literally. I mean I'm behind. Or maybe I'm just an ass.

Hm...

But these are boxes full of nifty things for other people, not for me!

Shawnee123 12-12-2008 03:54 PM

It's the weekend, and I am actually going to venture forth from my place like a real social human and go to the Christmas party of the IT department of my old job! It will be soooooo much fun. :)

Griff 12-13-2008 07:05 AM

Pete sewed an insulated window cover for the picture window at night. It was 10°F here this morning and 67°F in the house from last nights fire.:cool:

ZenGum 12-13-2008 07:30 AM

At various times I have improvised double glazing by taping bubble-wrap to the inside of the window. It's good insulation, lets light through, and slightly blurs it for privacy. A bit tacky, though.

Griff 12-13-2008 07:35 AM

Bubble wrap is really effective. You can get it sandwiched in foil as well if you really want to block heat loss.

Pete used Warm Window

lookout123 12-13-2008 09:12 AM

The Christmas tree is finally up, the kids are beating up on eachother (leaving me alone), the house is clean, the windows are open, and it's a beautiful day.

footfootfoot 12-13-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 510718)
I'm impressed. I didn't know you could do that.

By the way, the old door gasket makes great refrigerator magnets. You just cut it up into 2 or 3 inch lengths and take the mildewy white vinyl plastic off it. You can get dozens of magnets strips out of it this way and they look pretty good. Whenever I see a fridge on the curb near my house, I can't resist cutting off a length of gasket for fridge magnets.

New user title.

Glatt: "Ready for the coming depression"

SteveDallas 12-13-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 513140)
. . . go to the Christmas party of the IT department of my old job! It will be soooooo much fun. :)

Have fun! Though I have to say, most people I know would rather chew their own arm off than go to an IT department party. Maybe it's just me.

limey 12-13-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 513105)
Where are mine? You must have received mine?
Well I know my SS will arrive in the next 10 days, but damnit - every post brings at least 5 cards for my parents and I'm tired of it!

Sorry, it's the happy thread.
I'm still happy because what I sent was received and appreciated.
I'm easily pleased that way.

Well, you've moved, haven't you? How do I know where to send the card to ;) ?

Aliantha 12-13-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 513343)
Well, you've moved, haven't you? How do I know where to send the card to ;) ?

Yep, I had to ask the same question last week.