The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 01-15-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 919235)
Apparently my decision making gradually declined.

You've dispensed wisdom in the past, and now you're saying it's all been extracted?

infinite monkey 01-15-2015 11:27 AM

Nephew Dog

My nephew dog was the dog o' the day on a local station this morning.

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/commu...5.shtml?wap=0&

He was also featured on the Ducks Unlimited website in a different photo of him with the geese my brother and his buddies hunted.

He's also a therapy dog, goes into nursing homes and such.

We all pretty much love this dog. :D

footfootfoot 01-15-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 919245)
You've dispensed wisdom in the past, and now you're saying it's all been extracted?

Indeed. And to what impact?

footfootfoot 01-15-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 919257)
My nephew dog was the dog o' the day on a local station this morning.

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/commu...5.shtml?wap=0&

He was also featured on the Ducks Unlimited website in a different photo of him with the geese my brother and his buddies hunted.

He's also a therapy dog, goes into nursing homes and such.

We all pretty much love this dog. :D

Who's a good boy?

infinite monkey 01-15-2015 11:31 AM

Him is....ess eee is!

glatt 01-15-2015 12:06 PM

Good boy, Jack!

limey 01-20-2015 05:00 PM

Nice chat with Sundae on the phone this evening.

Sent by thought transference

DanaC 01-21-2015 05:18 AM

Second day off in a row!

I was supposed to attend a work programme session this afternoon. But I have the lurgi - it descended on me yesterday. Now - this does not mean I am too ill to attend the appointment - but it does mean i sound uber croaky - and I do feel quite ropey. So I phoned and asked if it was possible to rearrange. I told said was going to cause problems then I'd come in today - but that I felt I would get much more from the coaching session if I wasn't slightly out of it and hopped up on lemsip - and didn't particularly want to pass this to everybody else. All of which is quite true.

What i didn't say was that since it is thick snow outside and still falling, i also really didn't fancy arsing about on buses.

So - she is reappointing *smiles* and I get the day off. hurrah.

Yesterday was my first day off since Boxing Day, and my first day off without the thesis hanging over me since early '14, lol.

At some point I need to deal with all the stuff I've not been dealing with until thesis completion. So - basically the various debts and people who are threatening to take me to court/cut off services etc for non-payment. But not today - in fact not til either Friday, if I can find the motivation, or Monday, whether I feel like it or not.

Griff 01-21-2015 06:14 AM

Enjoy the down day. :)

xoxoxoBruce 01-21-2015 11:56 AM

And you'll milk this for all it's worth, won't you. :lol2:

DanaC 01-21-2015 12:06 PM

It has been glorious. I must say:)

Also - it's really nice to see the snow and not feel panicked. For the last week there's been odd bits of snowfall, sticking a bitthen washing away, and predictions of heavy snow on the way. And each time it snowed I'd be praying we didn't get snowed in and the trains cancelled for Monday when I had to go hand in.

Now I'm looking at the whiteout outside my window and I don't care! Snow us in, see if i care :P

xoxoxoBruce 01-21-2015 02:59 PM

It's nice to not have pressure. Here they say snow tonight and maybe twice more before next week. I've got nowhere I have to be and it'll keep the whippersnappers off the lawn... except the ones that don't drive well. :haha:

orthodoc 01-21-2015 08:14 PM

The power just came back on.

Now I don't have to carry my elderly father on my back through the snowdrifts, to some warm haven. After working 12 hours because the resident forgot she was being paid to come in at 4:00. So, that qualifies for happyness. Now I can throw one last log on the fire and go to bed.

limey 01-22-2015 06:34 AM

Hope the resident doesn't get paid for the hours she didn't do.

Sundae 01-22-2015 01:06 PM

Alice fell down a rabbithole. Poor cow. She found oddities, dreams & delirium thanks to a mathematician's fevered brain.

I fell into the Cellar. My own poorly wired brain provided me with far stranger creatures than mice in pools of tears, Red Queens or walrus. But more than that, far more than that, the Cellar has given me an array of practical goods. Food. Transport. Internet access. Housing help. Holidays.

Some of this is down to the fact that this is an American board (so I said before and still believe) and y'all look out for your own, and those lucky enough to be adopted.

And definitely and very much recently down my fellow Brit-Dwellers who are my family in every way.