The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Kid is a Damn Nutter (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18924)

Clodfobble 11-22-2010 10:34 PM

Well if you know anyone who wants to pay, it is indeed still for sale. Schedule's pretty wide open...

footfootfoot 11-22-2010 10:41 PM

I'm saving my quarters...

xoxoxoBruce 11-25-2010 02:20 AM

No matter how much you adore that voice, there are some doctors, somewhere, that are sick of it. :haha:

footfootfoot 11-25-2010 12:09 PM

Nicely played.

Sundae 11-25-2010 01:12 PM

Clod it's wonderful to see and hear him.
On a complete aside, I'd have sworn at the beginning of the clip he was saying Mummy not Mommy. I thought - what? A British-American? He clearly said Mommy later though.

His progress is a tribute to you.
And yes, you do have a lovely voice.

Clodfobble 11-25-2010 08:16 PM

Yeah, his vowels still wander around a bit. Plus, so much of his speech is/was learned by imitation, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd specifically picked up a bit of the "Mummy" sound from watching Charlie and Lola. He also thinks that the name of the dog (Sizzles, which they say sizz-ouws) is in fact Scissors.

classicman 11-25-2010 09:17 PM

Thats perfectly normal though - Friends kid calls his big sister "Cake" her real name is Cait, as in Caitlin.

What he is doing is nothing short of amazing and is a testament to what an great mom he has.

xoxoxoBruce 11-25-2010 11:51 PM

You should have heard what my brother did to "truck".:rolleyes:

morethanpretty 11-27-2010 12:09 PM

You should have heard my first grade rhyming story when I had to find a word to rhyme with "luck."

Clodfobble 11-27-2010 12:50 PM

After just 3 weeks of supplementing with 1-2 boxes of the elemental formula a day, Minifob has already gained 2 1/2 pounds. Hooray! A full day's worth of calories would be 7 boxes, so he's not even getting that big of a daily percentage out of it, but it's been enough to take the edge off his hunger as well. We're down to just three large meals and one snack a day.

Also, technology is so useful. I personally haven't used the app, because 1.) I don't have an iPhone and 2.) I'm quite used to my stacks of notebooks anyway and wouldn't want to bother adapting my own shorthand. But I know some folks who are less obsessively organized, and this has been extremely helpful for them.

Clodfobble 12-22-2010 09:31 AM

Oh, ha ha. Joke's on me.

"What's that?" says Mr. Streptococcus. "You think you can destroy my lovely Tonsil Towers Condominiums, and raze my Adenoid Townhouse to the ground? Well fuck you, Clodfobble. We'll just start slumming it up on Ocular Beach instead. How you like them apples?! Merry Christmas kid, Santa brought you a raging case of Pink Eye."

xoxoxoBruce 12-22-2010 09:44 AM

Hope the pinkeye makes the world look Rosy for them.:(

Griff 12-23-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 701356)
... a raging case of Pink Eye."

or as one of my guys called it last year cajunkintheeye. Sorry Clod...

Clodfobble 12-23-2010 10:01 AM

:lol: The nice thing is it doesn't really hurt, he just gets a little frustrated over the extra crusties. On the other hand, the symptoms are gross and quite visible, so our trip to the inflatable bouncy place had to be postponed. But I'll still take cajunkintheeye over agonizing throat pain any day.

BigV 12-23-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 701356)
Oh, ha ha. Joke's on me.

"What's that?" says Mr. Streptococcus. "You think you can destroy my lovely Tonsil Towers Condominiums, and raze my Adenoid Townhouse to the ground? Well fuck you, Clodfobble. We'll just start slumming it up on Ocular Beach instead. How you like them apples?! Merry Christmas kid, Santa brought you a raging case of Pink Eye."

1 -- my sympathies.

2 -- your description sounds like dialog from lost reels of one of our favorite movies, Osmosis Jones. I give it five stars. You, and probably minifob, would love it.