The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 11-26-2011 07:00 AM

Dana that's wonderful.
I am hardly surprised you are an inspiration to them.

I had a hot school dinner on Friday.
Sat between Tiger and Tennant (as agreed). There were only two other spaces on the table by the time I arrived and then a bit of a scrum as to who got them. 5-7 year olds give their affection easily though :)

Miss N has a hot school meal every Wednesday (roast day) so I'm not the first adult to sit down and eat with them.
But I was treated as a comic turn by most of Key Stage One!
"What are you doing? Is that your dinner? Are you eating? Why are you here?" etc etc.

I'm preparing Tiger for School Christmas Dinner on 7 December.
Getting him used to eating next to me, so he doesn't think it's odd when I'm there on the BIG DAY.
So in fact it isn't a BIG DAY. Just Tiger & Mrs O having hot dinner together.
He asked his Mum if he could have it, so it's come from him. But as he still has some food issues Tiger-Mum and I are in contact about it.

The minimum upload for the payment system is £10.00.
So I will have one next week as well.
I'll just have to tell them not to pile my plate so high - I usually just have a bagel for lunch. Four fishfingers, a pile of jacket wedges and half a tin of beans meant I was yawning all afternoon. They'd already loaded my plate before I had a chance to tell them.

Still, if you've got to moan I can think of far worse things than having too much food.

nowhereman 11-26-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 775739)
For the miid-west and east, I don't know what is popular.

In my area (southern NE) the Frazier Fir has become very popular. It runs in cycles, Blue Spruce and Scotch Pine sold well years ago, then the firs. The concolor fir (White Fir) is also popular now, hold needles well and lasts a long time. (45 years farming Christmas trees).

footfootfoot 11-26-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 775791)
ok, I'll bite.

What's a drop bear?

Is it like a jagular?

I think it's more like a Hen way.

footfootfoot 11-26-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 775793)
They're fairly prolific up north. bit further north than me. They sit up in the trees and they're kind like koalas but not.

Anyway, the locals usually know where they are, but it's the tourists they usually get. You just have to be wary. Kinda like with crocs and not swimming in their water holes.

Do they poo on you or eat you up?

Sundae 11-26-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 775850)
Do they poo on you or eat you up?

This is Australia.
Both!

zippyt 11-26-2011 12:20 PM

First they stun you with Petrified Poop ,
Then drag you back to their Lairs ,
spin you in a web from their butts ,
then NOM NOM NOMMM !!!!

DucksNuts 11-26-2011 04:17 PM

A shocking drop bear attack not far from me.

I'm happy today because my yard is still secure and I had no visitors last night....aaaannnnddd.....the dogs managed to control their bladders and poop shoots whilst locked in the shed.

I also managed to get my whipper snipper working, so mowing and whipper snippering today.

Aliantha 11-26-2011 04:59 PM

Wow, it's so unusual for them to drop during the day!

footfootfoot 11-27-2011 09:07 PM

They are like the tree octopusses in the Pacific NW

Sundae 11-28-2011 01:42 PM

Hot dinner again today.
I meant to space them out a bit more, but I am full of cold and just counldn't be arsed to make the small effort to defrost a bagel and grab some cheese this morning.

Anyway I'd checked the menu. Sausages and potato waffles and beans didn't sound too bad. I might upload more credit on payday. Sat with Tennant and Tiger, both moved to sit with me as they were already on packed tables. The table was hen full, but we were still joined by H (who is in my reading and handwriting group) and A (who is just a bit needy, bless her). She created her own space by simply depositing her lunch bag and squeezing in. Good Girl! 15 years from now she'll be in the front row at concerts!

Children at that age do idolise their teachers. It's not me, it's them.
But no matter how shallow it is, it is lovely to be popular!

Clodfobble 11-28-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae
Children at that age do idolise their teachers. It's not me, it's them.

Not true at all. Children are very good at figuring out who is innately good and who is not. They like you for a reason. :)

Aliantha 11-28-2011 07:14 PM

It's my step mum's birthday on the weekend, and I'd picked out a small bucket grill to give her as a gift from us so she can do a small bbq at the pergola the boys and dad built near the dam. Anyway, back to the gift.

It was at the hardware store where we went today to get the stuff to fix the fence, and I was planning on getting it while we were there, and lo and behold, it was on special for half price!

Bargain. At least one good thing has happened today. Let's hope we can get this job with the fence done with minimal fuss and the stupid dog can stay inside too. :)

plthijinx 11-28-2011 07:28 PM

first day back in design engineering was a blast! got thrown right in the thick of things and am helping out organizing a cable and conduit schedule for the aforementioned project in nigeria from the other thread. challenging! I LOVE it! once I know what the puzzle is suppose to look like and know each piece of the puzzle? look out! I so got this!

classicman 11-28-2011 08:03 PM

excellent news.

DucksNuts 11-28-2011 09:12 PM

Yay and Yay!